You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

I would honestly take RG3 but he's holding out for starter money.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Cap could be a back up, but will he accept back up money? What will the backlash be for making him a back up? His crowd thinks he's Rosa Parks. What's going to be the next publicity stunt? How is his gf going to insult you because he's not starting? This would be all the media would be talking about. That's a headache that's not even worth it.

I wouldn't want Cutler, either, but I'd take him over Cap.

I don't know anything about his GF....really stupid shit if that's true...his following is small on the moral/political front....

But he's got enough skills to play on a team.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Cap could be a back up, but will he accept back up money? What will the backlash be for making him a back up? His crowd thinks he's Rosa Parks. What's going to be the next publicity stunt? How is his gf going to insult you because he's not starting? This would be all the media would be talking about. That's a headache that's not even worth it.

I don't know anything about his GF....really stupid shit if that's true...his following is small on the moral/political front....

I've never been a fan of his, I kind of saw his career playing out how it has, that teams would figure him out pretty quickly, and they did. You have to tailor your entire offense to suit his strengths and not many people were willing to do that for a backup or a guy they don't 100% believe in.

My issue now is that people are trying to force a team to sign him for totally political reasons, and teams don't operate like that.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've never been a fan of his, I kind of saw his career playing out how it has, that teams would figure him out pretty quickly, and they did. You have to tailor your entire offense to suit his strengths a and not many people were willing to do that for a backup or a guy they don't 100% believe in.

My issue now is that people are trying to force a team to sign him for totally political reasons, and teams don't operate like that.

I took it a bit differently....first off....San Fran ran off Jim Harbaugh....they had a hell of a team for a few years. Ownership there can't get out of its own way.

I always thought it was a bit difficult to assess anyone on San Fran because of how poorly they are being managed.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Cap could be a back up, but will he accept back up money?

Actually, he couldn't be a backup.  Those responsibilities are different from the starting qb.  He has to be able to run the  offense and he has shown no inclination of doing that at all.

Say what you will about Cutler, but he's a proven NFL qb.  Not top tier but you can win with him.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I've never been a fan of his, I kind of saw his career playing out how it has, that teams would figure him out pretty quickly, and they did. You have to tailor your entire offense to suit his strengths a and not many people were willing to do that for a backup or a guy they don't 100% believe in.

I took it a bit differently....first off....San Fran ran off Jim Harbaugh....they had a hell of a team for a few years. Ownership there can't get out of its own way.

I always thought it was a bit difficult to assess anyone on San Fran because of how poorly they are being managed.

Not to turn this into an NFL thread, Harbaugh alienated everyone on that team like he did everyone at Stanford. A lot of it had to do with how he treated Smith.

I think it's complete nonsense a group of people feel entitled enough to force a team to sign a guy they don't want to sign.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Not to turn this into an NFL thread, Harbaugh alienated everyone on that team like he did everyone at Stanford. A lot of it had to do with how he treated Smith.

I think it's complete nonsense a group of people feel entitled enough to force a team to sign a guy they don't want to sign.

I really can't see him being on any team....but like I said he's at least as good as a handful of players who are starting.

If the reason is because he's being blackballed because of his social stances, it's a shame....but what can anyone do about it?

I think I heard had turned down at least one offer too...so wtf?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yeah, he was brought in by the Ravens to work out, and during the workout is seven the girlfriend posted the picture of Ray Lewis and the Ravens owner and labeled them a master and house slave.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The entire speech was embarrassing. The crowd chanting "CNN sucks" to the president is beyond absurd. People don't behave like that.

It was surreal. I cant imagine any speech topping it in that department and I hope that none ever does.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Does Trump last until December?

Probably but something's got to give soon.

bri's post was spot on. The current climate cant go on indefinitely. I don't care which side of the fence people are on. This whole shit show needs to be grounded in reality....not reality TV.

slcpunk wrote:

A wrecking ball can be a good thing. The status quo sometimes needs be taken to task and taken down. Trump was never that man though. He was good at the wrecking ball part, but not surprisingly that's all he's good at.

This is exactly what's so disappointing about the Trump presidency. It was truly the chance for an outsider to come in and make some waves....bring about real change.

Instead its a damn freak show.

He did prove that its possible for an outsider to come in and win the whole thing. His real legacy when its all over may be that he simply opened the door for the real outsider.

Cap was 1-10 last year, since being a starter he's gotten unarguably worse. He went to a SB that Smith helped lead them to. Signed a contract for 126 million, he also wants starter money, Gabbert and Sanchez don't. Cutler has a much better record and has a close relationship with Adam Gase. Kaepernick is abysmal. And that's not even counting the polarizing factor nor the headache of his girlfriend.

Why should anyone be forced or shamed into bringing an abysmal QB who is a PR nightmare onto your team? The Ravens tried!

That SB ruined his career. It was just like I predicted.....once one team figured out how to stop him(the Ravens), he'd never recover from it.

He was a novelty QB at best.

Yeah, he was brought in by the Ravens to work out, and during the workout is seven the girlfriend posted the picture of Ray Lewis and the Ravens owner and labeled them a master and house slave.

Sounds like he needs a new GF.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I keep hearing about how Confederate statues preserve our history and heritage, and taking them down would erase that.

To that I say, where are all the monuments to the slaves or freedmen or those who led slave rebellions?

Board footer