You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Whoa, you were at that game??  Yeah, one of the best I've seen, glad I caught it. I do work on Saturdays often & got home around the 3rd or 4th quarter, just popped on the TV but figured some football had to be on somewhere.  I was floored, missed FG return, right? FTW

Game of the Century (FSU v Notre Dame '93) was a great game. Most hyped up game I've ever seen, it was a good game too.

Man that 93 notre dame game was great!  Charlie Ward was a pretty good QB and chose the NBA. Probably a smart move for him. Notre Dame kind of had a legit gripe I think that year for the Natty. Lol. That same year Auburn went undefeated but was on probabtion. Then 2004 we go undefeated again and get screwed by the BCS. Finally in 2010 we run the table and win it all. Ha!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah I remember Auburns probation, the coach was Bobby Bowdens son or something, right?   Yeah, Charlie Ward was a heckuva athlete. People talk about Deion but I think as a 2 sport athlete Ward could go toe to toe with him. He was a better college QB than BBall player, but you're right in that he made the right choice sticking with basketball. Turned out to be a pretty good PG & had a pretty long career from what I recall. Not bad for you're 2nd best sport. There was a ND WR/TE recently Jeff Zmarja(?) who ended up pitching in MLB & had a decent career with that.

They should do a 30 for 30 on the better 2 sport athletes.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

As for politics, I had an epiphany last night. I think these people leaving is all a setup, they're just 'exiting stage left' so they can continue their careers back where they were. Reince Priebus stays a pretty noteworthy figure in the GOP/RNC, Bannon goes back into the media world, Spicey stays a public/PR person.

Then John Kelly, HR McMaster, Sessions & Tillerson stay where they are and are setup for a Pence Presidency. A pretty establishment group who's fairly middle of the road. Someone called that Pence chooses Rubio as Veep, and disaster aside, they might have a shot at winning the 2020 election, not entirely a long shot.

Either way, I think the Trump debacle is more like the JFK assasination than the Nixon resignation, as people lose faith in alot of things the next few years. The country goes radically left, the youth are pretty far out there. We become old heads who can't be trusted, and in about 5 or 6 years the country realizes it needs a return to normalcy & a conservative movement takes shift. People sway back to the right, prefer stronger rules & strictness, beginning to abhor the outta control rebellion. It'll become '66-'70 all over again. Mark my words, in 5 years time, mark my words.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The country will not go radically left. People getting sick of that stuff is what had led us into this nightmare.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Then John Kelly, HR McMaster, Sessions & Tillerson stay where they are and are setup for a Pence Presidency. A pretty establishment group who's fairly middle of the road. Someone called that Pence chooses Rubio as Veep, and disaster aside, they might have a shot at winning the 2020 election, not entirely a long shot.

Pence will not win in 2020 as he is really dull and doesn't excite anyone.  He also might get caught up in the Russia scandal.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If you are of the mind Russia was trying to get Trump elected and the conspiracy is pretty broad, well take a look at the infamous Flynn/Putin dinner and see if there's someone else at that table that sticks out as......strange.

DILU2mZXYAETblM?format=jpg&name=small

James

James wrote:

Of course Putin loves Stein. He probably licked her ass when the cameras weren't rolling.

She wants the US Navy mothballed....and thats for starters.

China's willing to get its tongue ready for a lashing too....

James

James wrote:

President Trump on Monday said he announced his pardon of former Maricopa County, Ariz., Sheriff Joe Arpaio as Hurricane Harvey made landfall in Texas because he “assumed the ratings would be far higher.”

“In the middle of a hurricane, even though it was a Friday evening, I assumed the ratings would be far higher than they would be normally,” Trump said during a press conference with Finnish President Sauli Niinistö. “You know, the hurricane was just starting.”

“He’s done a great job for the people of Arizona, he’s very strong on borders, very strong on illegal immigration,” Trump said about Arpaio. “I thought he was treated unbelievably unfairly when they came down with their big decision to go get him right before the election voting started.”
Democrats blasted Trump on Friday for announcing his pardon of Arpaio as Harvey made landfall, with Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) accusing Trump of “using the cover of the storm” to issue the pardon.

The White House announced Trump’s decision to pardon Arpaio on Friday night in a statement.

“Throughout his time as Sheriff, Arpaio continued his life’s work of protecting the public from the scourges of crime and illegal immigration,” the White House said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat … tv-ratings

James

James wrote:

President Trump on Monday said he announced his pardon of former Maricopa County, Ariz., Sheriff Joe Arpaio as Hurricane Harvey made landfall in Texas because he “assumed the ratings would be far higher.”

“In the middle of a hurricane, even though it was a Friday evening, I assumed the ratings would be far higher than they would be normally,” Trump said during a press conference with Finnish President Sauli Niinistö. “You know, the hurricane was just starting.”

That is completely insane. It really is a TV show to him.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That is completely insane. It really is a TV show to him.

I think it's really easy to look at it that way for him bc none of this stuff he's 'working on' will every directly affect him. Other than tax reform I guess...but Trump goes way out of his way to not pay any taxes already.

Board footer