You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

James Lofton wrote:

President Trump on Monday said he announced his pardon of former Maricopa County, Ariz., Sheriff Joe Arpaio as Hurricane Harvey made landfall in Texas because he “assumed the ratings would be far higher.”

“In the middle of a hurricane, even though it was a Friday evening, I assumed the ratings would be far higher than they would be normally,” Trump said during a press conference with Finnish President Sauli Niinistö. “You know, the hurricane was just starting.”

That is completely insane. It really is a TV show to him.

Someone had to enforce the laws.  Obama was more interested in violating the constitution and trying to provide legal status for millions of illegals.  People upset about this but remained silent or actively supported DACA don't have my credibility in my eyes.  Send them all back home.  Respect our laws like they demand we respect theirs.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

President Trump on Monday said he announced his pardon of former Maricopa County, Ariz., Sheriff Joe Arpaio as Hurricane Harvey made landfall in Texas because he “assumed the ratings would be far higher.”

“In the middle of a hurricane, even though it was a Friday evening, I assumed the ratings would be far higher than they would be normally,” Trump said during a press conference with Finnish President Sauli Niinistö. “You know, the hurricane was just starting.”

Someone had to enforce the laws.  Obama was more interested in violating the constitution and trying to provide legal status for millions of illegals.  People upset about this but remained silent or actively supported DACA don't have my credibility in my eyes.  Send them all back home.  Respect our laws like they demand we respect theirs.

You seem to only care about the laws you like. The laws the conservatives wrote up.

This is so pathetic...pick and choose...pick and choose....

Decision Rule #1

Who made the law?

Answer:

Decision Rule #2

Do I support this person?

Answer: Yes/No

If answer Yes, acknowledge law and follow it.

If answer No, ignore law and pardon anyone who violates 'fake' law.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

You seem to only care about the laws you like. The laws the conservatives wrote up.

Decision Rule #1

Who made the law?

Answer:

Decision Rule #2

I agree with you.  So can you explain why DACA exists and why Democrats refuse to do anything to enforce our immigration laws?  And remember, your answer has to be about the law, not some rant about a personal story or some other emotional argument.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I think James was referring to the fact he claimed he even cared to time it with the Houston disaster. Certainly he could have waited a week to do so. Everyone knows it was to bury the lead amongst the hurricaine talk, but he even went out & claimed he did it 'hoping it would be during a high ratings night'.  Stupid, in two ways.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I think James was referring to the fact he claimed he even cared to time it with the Houston disaster. Certainly he could have waited a week to do so. Everyone knows it was to bury the lead amongst the hurricaine talk, but he even went out & claimed he did it 'hoping it would be during a high ratings night'.  Stupid, in two ways.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other on the pardon.  We knew it was coming, it was supposed to happen during that horrible rally in Phoenix.  But they postponed it to prevent the leftist from beating people outside the rally. I don't like the idea of a sheriff violating the law anymore than you do.  But I also don't like the idea of a President intentionally breaking the law because he believes once a standard is set, it will force us to maintain it.  You can't talk about a nation of laws out of one side of your mouth and then justify violating the law when it fits some poorly thought out moral standard out the other.

Randall Flagg

So how is the media and the left going to blame Trump for Harvey? I've already seen articles blaming republican zoning laws. I guess the Democratic mayor getting a judge to vacate the republican governors evacuation order holds no blame here. Someone tried to blame the governor saying it'd have caused too much road congestion on I-610 to evacuate.

No question FEMA and funds should be used to help the people, but I remember learning the story in Sunday school about the dipshit who kept building his house on sand. No one deserves to die, but living on the coast comes with risks, just like living in the Midwest incurs the risks of tornados. But us Appalachian folks are just a bunch of hillbillies I guess.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Decision Rule #1

Who made the law?

Answer:

Decision Rule #2

I agree with you.  So can you explain why DACA exists and why Democrats refuse to do anything to enforce our immigration laws?  And remember, your answer has to be about the law, not some rant about a personal story or some other emotional argument.

When it comes to healthcare, it is very personal. Every aspect of my life has been affected by a family member with chronic health issues by no fault of his own. It's impossible to not make that a personal issue. My family has shelled out 10s if not 100s of thousands of dollars keeping my brother healthy. You will never know what that's like...and your asshole remarks are the first thing I think of every time I see your screen name.

As far as DACA....DACA is the result of kicking the can down the road for decades. It was purely a stop gap...not intended to be a long term solution by any means. But this is what happens when you spend 8 years opposing anything and everything (not limited to immigration).

Whether the president has the authority to do so is a different issue. However, given the circumstance, Obama had two choices. Do nothing. Or act alone.

Either way the  Republicans win, right? It's a win-win because doing nothing allows fucks like Apario to make up the rules as he goes. Then later we can pardon him as some sort of American hero.

Or....Obama does something, and we can scream and whine and outrage because Obama did something without the consent of congress.

I watched that episode play out repeatedly since 2010 when the petulant tea baggers rolled into power and attempted to tear everything down.

I might attempt to fain interested in entertaining the belief that Republicans are interested in a real solution to this...but they're not. They use it as a political talking point to create rage.

Then Trump does something he supposedly doesn't have the authority to do...and now people are being profiled and deported in droves. But nothing changes here in America. The deportation of these people doesn't raise the standard of living for the white boys that see this as some sort of power play.

When the same guy that runs for congress preaches sending the immigrants back home on the pulpit but then goes home and pays his mexican pool boy in cash because he's not a US citizen...you know this whole fucking thing is bullshit.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

But her emails...

Trump Associate Boasted That Moscow Business Deal ‘Will Get Donald Elected’

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/p … sater.html

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

But her emails...

Trump supporters will wear the shame....I will make sure of it.

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:

But her emails...

"There is no evidence in the emails that Mr. Sater delivered on his promises, and one email suggests that Mr. Sater overstated his Russian ties. In January 2016, Mr. Cohen wrote to Mr. Putin’s spokesman, Dmitri S. Peskov, asking for help restarting the Trump Tower project, which had stalled. But Mr. Cohen did not appear to have Mr. Peskov’s direct email, and instead wrote to a general inbox for press inquiries.

The project never got government permits or financing, and died weeks later.

“To be clear, the Trump Organization has never had any real estate holdings or interests in Russia,” the Trump Organization said Monday in a statement. Mr. Trump, however signed a nonbinding “letter of intent” for the project in 2015. Mr. Cohen said he discussed the project with Mr. Trump three times."

This is definitely the smoking gun you've been looking for.  I don't know how we didn't see that this aided Trump's win months ago.  When do you think formal charges will be brought against Trump for this?  What charges do you think are best suited?

Board footer