You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Yea...Houston is hurting right now....

But all cities matter...

See how stupid that sounds?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

President Trump on Monday said he announced his pardon of former Maricopa County, Ariz., Sheriff Joe Arpaio as Hurricane Harvey made landfall in Texas because he “assumed the ratings would be far higher.”

“In the middle of a hurricane, even though it was a Friday evening, I assumed the ratings would be far higher than they would be normally,” Trump said during a press conference with Finnish President Sauli Niinistö. “You know, the hurricane was just starting.”

That is completely insane. It really is a TV show to him.

Someone had to enforce the laws.  Obama was more interested in violating the constitution and trying to provide legal status for millions of illegals.  People upset about this but remained silent or actively supported DACA don't have my credibility in my eyes.  Send them all back home.  Respect our laws like they demand we respect theirs.

PAsnow was right. I found it bizarre that his main focus is on how much ratings these issues are getting. That shouldn't even be a factor regarding the sheriff or the hurricane.

Does he not have people around him telling him how inappropriate it is to be boasting about crowds in the middle of a flood?

I really don't get it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

During a natural disaster, a president has to be incredibly incompetent to screw up words of encouragement. I'm not saying this to be ugly, I honestly don't think he knows how to be empathetic. It's not in his DNA. He's not going to be hugging anyone, or comforting anyone. Obama was really good at that stuff. W. was an incredibly emotional guy. It was the first time I saw a president cry in public. Trump just doesn't know how. He can say something completely inappropriate, and not even understand what was wrong with it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I'm so glad Trump's campaign rally in Houston was still successful despite the city being destroyed.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

During a natural disaster, a president has to be incredibly incompetent to screw up words of encouragement. I'm not saying this to be ugly, I honestly don't think he knows how to be empathetic. It's not in his DNA. He's not going to be hugging anyone, or comforting anyone. Obama was really good at that stuff. W. was an incredibly emotional guy. It was the first time I saw a president cry in public. Trump just doesn't know how. He can say something completely inappropriate, and not even understand what was wrong with it.

He's a narcassist that's why.  I didn't agree with W (policy wise) but I got the impression that he cared for people less fortunate than him.  Same with Obama.

Trump has also got the temperament and attention span of a five year old which doesn't help.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck this bullshit about DACA.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sessions and Trump combined are so fucking stupid.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Redneck racist Sessions. Embarrassing.

I hope Congress does the right thing and saves these folks.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just cant hardly watch anymore. Its too surreal. All of it. The way his every step is covered 24/7 by the media is almost as vomit inducing as the man himself.

The experiment failed.

After we endure this, we get the same thing from the other side.....The Rock.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump keeps talking about ha base and shit. HE DIDNT WIN BECAUSE OF DREAMERS OR THE WALL. HE WON BECAUSE WE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR THE ECONOMY ETC. FUCK THIS SHIT.

Board footer