You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

I can tell you from personal experience, the gun shows are a playground for illegal guns and pieces, like i mentioned. I know that for a fact. There's no reason they can't have oversight.

I have to ask what you’re basing this on?  What illlegal Guns did you see?  Like I said, I didn’t go to one in a decade, but I was the proverbial “gun nut” in my teens into my 20s and lived at them. I never once saw an illegal firearm. But maybe you saw things I haven’t.

Police have been present at every show I’ve ever been to.

But I’m certainly not opposed to enforcing a federal background check for private sales too.

I may be wrong, but I thought there was a news report showing alot of guys saying 'Oh, I can get that out in my car.' or people exchanging #'s and selling outside the show, in a parking lot Craigslist kinda way.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You have to ask them. Like a piece that modifies a semi automatic rifle into a machine gun. And if you don't buy it they go nuts. They used to display them until a show like sixty minutes did a piece back in the 90s that revealed it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Why is this guy not considered a terrorist?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, its kind of disgusting the response to this. I'm hearing a lot about karma, getting what they deserve, and evil white men....it feels really exploitive to use this tragedy to push an agenda using people they despised and ridiculed before the shooting. It's sick, twisted and these people should not be taken seriously.

The problem for me is.  That the same people who are right now saying ‘now is not the time to have a debate’ are the same people who never really want to discuss this in first place. There’s never a good time for it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

You can buy anything you want a gun show. Just show some cash. My buddy bought an AK47 from one and handed the dude straight cash. No questions asked.

The AR 15 seems the be the weapon of choice in mass shootings.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, its kind of disgusting the response to this. I'm hearing a lot about karma, getting what they deserve, and evil white men....it feels really exploitive to use this tragedy to push an agenda using people they despised and ridiculed before the shooting. It's sick, twisted and these people should not be taken seriously.

The problem for me is.  That the same people who are right now saying ‘now is not the time to have a debate’ are the same people who never really want to discuss this in first place. There’s never a good time for it.

Agree. Quit being bitches and discuss the shit. How bump stocks were ever allowed pisses me off.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Why is this guy not considered a terrorist?

Because he doesn't appear to be part of a larger group committed to spreading fear like a traditional terrorist. As of now he stands for nothing.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

You can buy anything you want a gun show. Just show some cash. My buddy bought an AK47 from one and handed the dude straight cash. No questions asked.

The AR 15 seems the be the weapon of choice in mass shootings.

Not to get into semantics, but you’re buddy didn’t buy an Ak47. He probably bought an SAR-1, which is semi automatic. If he bought an ak47 both he and the seller committed a 1st degree felony. Just as the ar-15 is the civilian variant of the m-16, the sar-1 is the civilian variant of the ak47.

I disagree with the NRA in its opposition to implementing background checks on private sales, but that’s what federal law stipulates.

misterID

misterID wrote:

That's the point, Randall, they're not buying and selling whether they care if they're committing a felony. Had the same thing happen when I was a teenager. A guy I knew got an AK47. The real thing.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not talking about that, though. You can't praise the guy on SNL using the term cracker, and ridicule "country" people, then turn around and use *exploit* them to advance your agenda. Libs need to check themselves when they go off on white men like a bigot goes off on Muslims.

Board footer