You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Do you have an independent idea to contribute to the discussion?

I do actually. I see a couple of quitters. Defeatists. Weak "men" who parrot talking points by the cheap whores in Congress bought/paid for by the NRA. Circular logic and regurgitated semantics which are completely void of common sense. All wrapped up in this passive "nothing can be done" attitude while the status quo bends you over and guns down our kids everyday. 

What kind of men not only consent to this but defend it after every new shooting? Powerless men. Weak. Too scared to go out in the world and get what they want. I bet you both settled for ugly wives huh?

You sound an awful lot like Trump. He attacked the appearance of other people’s wives. He also called a decorated combat veteran weak and a loser. So much alike.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Anybody who not only settles for this, but defends it, is a loser. No other way around it.

If you accept this, you'll accept just about anything I'd imagine. The word passive doesn't even begin to define this mentality.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't even own a gun and never have you shit.  Answer the fucking questions about your solution or get the fuck out of here.

I never said you owned a gun. I said you were a weak apologist. 600 people shot and here you are....

I choose to live in the real world. Still waiting for a solution Mr imaginary world...

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I choose to live in the real world. Still waiting for a solution Mr imaginary world...

You're both missing the point. Solutions are brought up every single time this happens. Powerless men, willing to accept the murder of little children on an almost daily basis, always argue against solutions with pre-packaged NRA talking points. They resort to semantics, false equivalency and circular logic.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You're both missing the point. Solutions are brought up every single time this happens. Powerless men, willing to accept the murder of little children on an almost daily basis, always argue against solutions with pre-packaged NRA talking points. They resort to semantics, false equivalency and circular logic.

I have to agree with you on this one...I really think it's time to at least try something.

Restrictions on guns or gun permits laws won't restrict anyone that deserves to have one from getting it. You're all right though, it will not prevent bad people from getting guns that really want one. How could it possibly hurt the situation? Maybe we could restrict guns from circulation by into the wrong hands by 20%....maybe 15% (just spit balling)....still worth doing in my opinion.

There are a plethora of other suggestions out there...but nothing ever gets implemented...

The argument that you do not want to restrict the whole country because a few people abused doesn't hold any water. We've done this with DUIs (99% of the time you probably get home safely without harming anyone). Ask anyone who was around in the 1970s how they used to handle it....cops used to give you a ride home!

Same theory with the voter ID right? .00000001% of the population engages in voter fraud that can be proven. We still did the voter ID, did we not?

There are other examples of this in society as well.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

See, this is what I hate. Repubs & gun rights advocates play a "Well let's hear your solutions?" game. Then, when you bring up a few possible suggestions off the top of your head that maybe with some tweaking or looking into, could have a nominal impact. But all you get in return is 'That won't work'.  'That wouldn't have stopped this situation' or 'Thats a waste of time & money'.

Its called brainstorming, and the first rule of brainstorming is not to reject someones suggestion, because it could inevitably led to a greater suggestion. But thats what they do. In return however, we got a Muslim ban???!  When told that wouldn't have prevented any shootings nor 9/11, we get "Well its a start & needed to be done".

Flagg, you posted no other ammendments have a 25 year age restriction & what would it have done?  I think most other shootings were by those under 25 IIRC, and car insurance rates tend to drop drastically once one hits 25, plus Obamacare people can stay on parents plans until they're 26, so it can be done. Plus I think trust funds can be written so kids cannot touch it until they're 25. Things like that. Again, it could be a start, mix it in with backgrounds checks, waiting periods, a ban on assault rifles & modification kits, and a limit as to how many high powered assault rifles one can have, or a registration of high powered guns etc and you're getting somewhere on this. Yeah, this has nothing to do with owning a pistol for defense. Although you look at the idiot George Zimmerman & alot of people think its grounds for winning a fight that they started but can't win otherwise, but I digress.

I'm surprised a civil lawsuit has never been filed from any of these, but I think Newtown they tried. It's very common for bars to be sued in DUI cases, but I guess never the beer manufacturer. They should sue the sellers & makers of that stock clip modification.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I've never owned a gun, never been to nra.com or whatever it is, don't follow anything NRA in social media, never been to a convention, etc.  There are no talking points here, just reality.  You don't have any actual answers, so instead of admitting that, you go on the attack.  It's a tired game I have no interest in playing with you.  Offer up or shut the fuck up you shithead.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

See, this is what I hate. Repubs & gun rights advocates play a "Well let's hear your solutions?" game. Then, when you bring up a few possible suggestions off the top of your head that maybe with some tweaking or looking into, could have a nominal impact. But all you get in return is 'That won't work'.  'That wouldn't have stopped this situation' or 'Thats a waste of time & money'.

Its called brainstorming, and the first rule of brainstorming is not to reject someones suggestion, because it could inevitably led to a greater suggestion. But thats what they do. In return however, we got a Muslim ban???!  When told that wouldn't have prevented any shootings nor 9/11, we get "Well its a start & needed to be done".

Flagg, you posted no other ammendments have a 25 year age restriction & what would it have done?  I think most other shootings were by those under 25 IIRC, and car insurance rates tend to drop drastically once one hits 25, plus Obamacare people can stay on parents plans until they're 26, so it can be done. Plus I think trust funds can be written so kids cannot touch it until they're 25. Things like that. Again, it could be a start, mix it in with backgrounds checks, waiting periods, a ban on assault rifles & modification kits, and a limit as to how many high powered assault rifles one can have, or a registration of high powered guns etc and you're getting somewhere on this. Yeah, this has nothing to do with owning a pistol for defense. Although you look at the idiot George Zimmerman & alot of people think its grounds for winning a fight that they started but can't win otherwise, but I digress.

I'm surprised a civil lawsuit has never been filed from any of these, but I think Newtown they tried. It's very common for bars to be sued in DUI cases, but I guess never the beer manufacturer. They should sue the sellers & makers of that stock clip modification.

I'm hardly a gun advocate, I'm a realist.  Everything everyone says makes total since in imagination land, but doesn't work in reality.  There are some things you just can't stop without intelligence that it's going to happen ahead of time.  That is reality.  You have to accept it before you can even begin to have meaningful discussions about anything.  Everything now is just gun control freaks taking advantage of a horrible situation for political gain.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm hardly a gun advocate, I'm a realist.  Everything everyone says makes total since in imagination land, but doesn't work in reality.  There are some things you just can't stop without intelligence that it's going to happen ahead of time.  That is reality.  You have to accept it before you can even begin to have meaningful discussions about anything.  Everything now is just gun control freaks taking advantage of a horrible situation for political gain.

Surely, as a realist, you agree these bump stocks can be banned tomorrow & you have no problem with it, correct?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

The other thing is that we're only considering one dimension of the problem here....but I think it's time to be very honest with ourselves.

It appears that law enforcement goes to great lengths to identify the causation/co-relation factors that can predict these types of things happening. There is a definite psychological aspect here and while not everything has been pinpointed yet...I think it's safe to say there are a fair amount of predictive elements.

I also think it's safe to say that these shootings are a symptom of a much larger societal problem..and I wouldn't mind going even farther and say that our culture is sick. Not sick in a cool way or sick in a stupid way. Society and our culture has a tumor on it. Sometimes tumors can be treated...sometimes they can't.

I can't help but think that these mass shootings are a symptom, and you can't cure something by only treating the symptom.

Board footer