You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

All I know is Democrats, Republicans, and Now the NRA are open to restricting bumpstocks, yet ID, Buzz, and Flagg all said it is pointless and there is no value to it and that it truly does't make a gun full auto.

Sorry the NRA and Repubs are about to let you down on the bumpstock issue.

Can you cite where any of us said that?  Don't start going SLC on us.  All any of us said is that there is nothing you can do to prevent bad people from harming others.  But feel free to track gun violence from bump stock weapons before and after the bill passes and tell me what kind of impact it had.

None of you supported my request to ban the bumpstock. All cited it was legal and seemed very indifferent to support then said it wouldn't do anything. At minimum it is symbolic. Best case it saves some lives.

It's a waste of time and effort, but it will fool the weak into feeling like they did something.  I'll support anything that's an actual solution, but not going to waste my time and energy on symbolism.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I think the focus on bumpstocks and auto weapons is a smoke and mirrors job to look like they are doing something. In reality it doesn't address Americas problems.

Exactly.  It's not guns though. It's a society that puts too little value on life, can't handle adversity, and is immune to violence.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Is nobody going to admit that he got off the number of rounds he off due to the bumpstock? So if he didn't have them sure he gets some kills but doubtful he gets the same level of carnage.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Is nobody going to admit that he got off the number of rounds he off due to the bumpstock? So if he didn't have them sure he gets some kills but doubtful he gets the same level of carnage.

So he blows them up instead.  I don't waste time getting too excited abut how he did it.  I'll admit that if you admit he'd have gotten them anyway even if they were illegal. We're wasting time even discussing this.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So he blows them up instead.  I don't waste time getting too excited abut how he did it.  I'll admit that if you admit he'd have gotten them anyway even if they were illegal. We're wasting time even discussing this.

This is all smoke and mirrors meant to make the plebes feel good.  Every gun store that has been interviewed has said that up until this shooting, they maybe sold 2 a year.  Now everyone is going to buy them up before they're banned and they'll sit in people's closets for 30 years.  If this makes the anti-gun crowd feel like they've done something, go for it.

But how much you want to bet not a single poster comments when Chicago murders 60 of their own over Halloween weekend.  I guess Black Lives Don't matter.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

But how much you want to bet not a single poster comments when Chicago murders 60 of their own over Halloween weekend.  I guess Black Lives Don't matter.

Why should we? You’re saying right here there is no solution and to just accept that these things will happen no matter what we try.

Except in Chicago, Randall can solve things in just chicago. Right?

I’m surprised you even care...you love it when black people/Chicago people are put in their place. I half expect you to get excited to see how many of us are dead on Halloween.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I think the focus on bumpstocks and auto weapons is a smoke and mirrors job to look like they are doing something. In reality it doesn't address Americas problems.

Exactly.  It's not guns though. It's a society that puts too little value on life, can't handle adversity, and is immune to violence.

No disagreement here. There is definitely something different on a social level with Americans. I feel a vast amount are indifferent or uncaring to their fellow man (no offense intended) and adding easy access to guns for that group is a recipe for disaster.  The thing is I don't know how you folk can tackle this problem, it is so ingrained in your culture.

A gun ban or extremely strict gun laws to obtain a gun would help. I know there are many guns in circulation as it is and I am not saying it will resolve the violence immediately, but I think over a few decades there would be a decline and any decline would be a good thing. Never too late to start and all that.

I hope at some point in the future you all work something out.  19

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I’m out on the tax reform...even though it would disproportionately benefit me...it’s not the right thing to do.

Maybe we should keep doing the economy that has slow but steady growth. It’s safer.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

There's never been 60 people killed in a weekend in Chicago. Not even in a month regularly. You know that.

You also know Chicago's violent crime rate, including homicides, is way lower than many cities. Chicago is just the whipping boy because Obama lived here. I get tired of it.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

No disagreement here. There is definitely something different on a social level with Americans. I feel a vast amount are indifferent or uncaring to their fellow man (no offense intended) and adding easy access to guns for that group is a recipe for disaster.  The thing is I don't know how you folk can tackle this problem, it is so ingrained in your culture.

You’re absolutely right...American culture is such that we don’t care that much about each other.

The pettiness of the NFL kneeling thing is proof. There is no empathy for one another here. People don’t really support each other.

I have believed this since the 2010 midterms...Americans, given the choice to help themselves or hurt another have chosen the later more and more often. It’s the wave of energy that Trump rode on into the whitehouse.

Board footer