You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

I think one of Trump's biggest downfalls last night was saying that he does not trust the information presented by our various intelligence agencies. In this case that Russia was directly involved in trying to influence the outcome of our election. He was given several chances to walk it back, but he stuck to it.

I found this much worse than him saying he would not concede the results of our election.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Cramer wrote:

I think one of Trump's biggest downfalls last night was saying that he does not trust the information presented by our various intelligence agencies. In this case that Russia was directly involved in trying to influence the outcome of our election. He was given several chances to walk it back, but he stuck to it.

I found this much worse than him saying he would not concede the results of our election.

You guys had no problem questioning Intel on Iraq and WMDs. The government also blamed North Korea for the Sony hacks, but security experts said it was an inside job.

If you still think Clinton did no wrong and a coverup wasn't used in her email use, there's nothing left to say on the issue.

Trump's refusal to respect democracy and the peaceful transition of power is the most troubling thing he's said or done IMO. That doesn't mean we should hand waive the accusations of voter fraud that were contained in the Wikileaks release. You guys loved it when Bradley Manning used them. Now the media is telling people it's illegal to read them. If this push to get Clinton elected at all costs doesn't make you sick to your stomach, I fear for the future of this country.

This isn't the EU. Americans will do something if our President continues to legislate with their pen.

johndivney wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Bradley Manning

johndivney wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Americans will do something if our President continues to legislate with their pen.

What are you saying here? What are you advocating/suggesting?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Americans will do something if our President continues to legislate with their pen.

Yes, I agree...I'm not even sure what this means in the first place.

Is this a dig on executive orders? Because again I would say that I couldn't hear anyone complaining when GW signed his executive orders.

This whole charade has been one  hypocrisy after another a row.

Please explain, the Clintons are horrible corrupt people so you nominate Trump someone who's even more horrible and more corrupt and more sexist.

It just really seems like there are certain people who are allowed to get away with things in Randall flags world and certain people who are not allowed.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

johndivney wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm not advocating anything. Simply pointing out there are 300+ million guns in this country and a large contingent of loser, white males who were too craven to wear the uniform but fantasize about the revolutionary war. 

None of Bush's executive orders were ruled unconstitutional nor nearly as brazen as some pushed by Obama. If you want to compare naming post offices to declaring millions of people here illegally are now A-ok, we're not having have an honest discussion.

If Clinton is unable to break from Obama and continues to refuse to compromise, and passes executive orders as legislative fiats, some angry Americans will respond.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm not advocating anything. Simply pointing out there are 300+ million guns in this country and a large contingent of loser, white males who were too craven to wear the uniform but fantasize about the revolutionary war. 

None of Bush's executive orders were ruled unconstitutional nor nearly as brazen as some pushed by Obama. If you want to compare naming post offices to declaring millions of people here illegally are now A-ok, we're not having have an honest discussion.

If Clinton is unable to break from Obama and continues to refuse to compromise, and passes executive orders as legislative fiats, some angry Americans will respond.

Compromise? You're saying the Republicans of the last eight years of been ready and willing to compromise?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You can't just say he was unwilling to compromise, I gave you examples how republicans stone walled him. He had to have secret meetings with Boehner to try and get something done, where he could try to sell the tea party peeps on it without giving Obama any credit, but that got blown up by the gang of 6 going over their heads. Despite all the BS I firmly think he wanted to get things done and was undermined by the Cruz/tea party wing. When those republicans lose their seats he releases photos of him literally celebrating their defeat.

Co5wFp4UAAAmhl9.jpg

I don't think she has any loyalty to Obama, personally. She's a centrist and a hawk. Ryan wants to salvage some credibility after this debacle and show he can get shit done for his own presidential run. Maybe I'm to much of an optimist, but I think things will get done. Immigration will be a very hardline bill with the big liberal win being the dream act, but there will be no path to citizenship but legalization on a certain level.

johndivney wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It seems a lot depends on that "if".
I'm surprised & shocked to see language like this tbh. & you could probably be more explicit, tho it'd be wiser if you aren't.
I really didn't think things were as bleak, attitudes as dark, as what you're implying. I mean for fucks sake, if the worst does happen & she gets elected it's only four years until they get the chance to remove her peacefully. Four years is fuckin nothing really. You might want to remind people all they need is a little patience.. or maybe four years isn't nothing. We'll see.. if this board's still here in four years - which is more significant actually..

AtariLegend wrote:

Another big victim in this election regardless of what happens. House of Cards.

They spent 2 seasons stalling and playing it safe, this election was more dramatic than anything that shows ever portrayed.

The politicians in House of Cards just don't seem real compared to what we've seen on TV every day for the past year or so.

Board footer