You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

No, Mitch. You’re notorious for posting nonsense and imposing your anti-intellectual prowess onto others. I repeatedly said not giving Garland a vote was wrong and hoped the GOP would. But what you repeatedly fail to grasp, is the President isn’t all powerful. He needs the Senate to approve his actions.  He can’t appoint justices or make treaties without them.

16 I get all that...I understand how government works. It's just funny how you pick and choose when you care about the rules. I don't really care about your take on whether Garland should've gotten a vote. My point was that people don't follow the rules all the time. And sometimes even get rewarded for it...by  getting voted into office.

So try again and tell us to fuck Trump every way and on every day that ends in Y. All you do is embarrass yourself every time you post some bullshit.

I will tell you --- Fuck Trump...he's not really following the rules either...he has a ton of ethical and moral conflicts. His businesses are reaping quite a profit of his presidency...again...another example of not following the rules...and no one giving a fuck. Look at all the sketchy shit that had to happen for him to get elected.....but please do tell me more about the rules...because they clearly matter so fucking much. Firing a federal employee who is investigating him?

He doesn't pay taxes as far as we know...and is revamping the tax code to benefit himself. Same guy who for years accused Obama of not being a US citizen, remember?

Trump constantly makes accusations and assertions without proof. He dismisses facts all the time.

So please....tell me more about how there are rules.

It’s not a football game and everyone has to follow the rules. The context you like to avoid because it forces you to think, does matter. The context and variables are what intelligent people look for. You’re just interested in scoring points. It’s quite obvious you don’t read.

I do read...but I don't allow you sway me because you do that whole reverse confirmation bias thing on everything you post. You make your argument and then seek out the sources to support your viewpoint... 11 that's not intellectual...at all.

No one follows the rules in this country. What a farce.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Obviously you don’t get the rules, or you wouldn’t accuse me of things I never said.  You can play cheerleader and pretend no one follows the rules. The courts and millions would disagree, however. Just don’t accuse me of the super partisanship you participate in. I think for myself and approach each issue on its merits.

I may be wrong, but I don’t accuse others of my own biases nor do I envoke emotional reasoning when the law or facts aren’t on my side. But I hope you have a good weekend.

But let’s just recap. You complain about Trump possibly uncertifying the Iran deal. I comment that if Obama had followed the law, and made his agreement binding by having it ratified by the Senate, it wouldn’t be an issue.

You then go on to post some outdated and unrelated numbers on EOs and talk about SCOTUS nominees.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Obviously you don’t get the rules, or you wouldn’t accuse me of things I never said.  You can play cheerleader and pretend no one follows the rules. The courts and millions would disagree, however. Just don’t accuse me of the super partisanship you participate in. I think for myself and approach each issue on its merits.

I may be wrong, but I don’t accuse others of my own biases nor do I envoke emotional reasoning when the law or facts aren’t on my side. But I hope you have a good weekend.

But let’s just recap. You complain about Trump possibly uncertifying the Iran deal. I comment that if Obama had followed the law, and made his agreement binding by having it ratified by the Senate, it wouldn’t be an issue.

You then go on to post some outdated and unrelated numbers on EOs and talk about SCOTUS nominees.

Yes that's mostly true...but if you truly think for yourself and approach each issue on its merits then why do you conveniently leave out 6 years of obstruction led by the Republican party. Seems to me that there were lots of issues to deal with and they refused to come to the table on anything. Even shut down the government twice, engaging in 'emotional reason'...do I have that about right?

I find that to be extremely relevant because it forced Obama to act alone on many issues or do nothing. I would expect someone who 'approaches each issue on its own merits' might find the circumstances of how we got here relevant. But I was wrong.

I find you to be extremely partisan.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Mitch's nonsense and Neemo actually thinking it was a counterpoint really says a lot about their awareness.

I'll be the first to admit dont know much about American politics, especially the finer points ... i just come in here from time to time cuz I'm a mod and i figure i should keep an eye out...i try not to post but wanted to put my 2 cents in on the vegas thing...

My lol was mostly cuz u guys are funny...and all the same...if ur party does something its fine...if the other does the exact same thing its not  (Canadian politics is no better...same shit) around and around it goes

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Mitch's nonsense and Neemo actually thinking it was a counterpoint really says a lot about their awareness.

I'll be the first to admit dont know much about American politics, especially the finer points ... i just come in here from time to time cuz I'm a mod and i figure i should keep an eye out...i try not to post but wanted to put my 2 cents in on the vegas thing...

My lol was mostly cuz u guys are funny...and all the same...if ur party does something its fine...if the other does the exact same thing its not  (Canadian politics is no better...same shit) around and around it goes

You don’t need to know much about US politics. You shouldn’t need to defend yourself to Flagg or anyone in this thread.

I’d say he inferred quite a bit from your three letter post.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I highly recommend tonight’s episode of Real Time. Russell Brand was fantastic and they discussed some real topics worth hearing their point of view.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/colu … 737243001/

My personal favorite quote: "The intelligent man on the street is going to say that's a bunch of baloney," Roberts insisted. If justices blow the whistle on Republican cheating, he believes, the public will inevitably conclude that they're simply shilling for Democrats — "And that is going to cause very serious harm to the status and the integrity of the decisions of this Court in the eyes of the country."

That's a quote from John Roberts.

I find the quote funny because the whole system was created to cheat in the first place. He's basically saying, we shouldn't intervene in cheating because correcting the system would be wrong in the eyes of the voters. In Wisconsin, they created the perfect system to create the illusion of democracy. Democrats continue to garner the lions share of votes overall, but are grossly underrepresented at the state and local levels.

so tell me more about the rules, the protocols....tell me more about how I don't understand the rules.

I understand the rules perfectly, but I also understand that no one is fucking following them. Tell me more about how when Obama used executive orders, it was wrong....but when Trump uses them they are okay. Tell me more....or so much more....

It was a brilliant plan:

1) Creating voter ID restrictions
2) greatly reduce the number of polling places in poorer/democratic voting areas
3) re-district and gerrymander the state so much that we create the illusion of democracy so no one notices

If you're alright with all of that...if that doesn't even cross your radar as something to be outraged about but NFL players kneeling on Sundays does....will then sir....you just might be a partisan hack.

So please, I beg of you...tell me more about the rules and protocols.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://medium.com/@nathan.musgrove/the … 1f9e653bb3

These maps here show how after 2010 (the tea bagger election) the districts were dramatically altered. In 2012, state democrats received roughly 170,000 more votes than Republicans (significant in a state with maybe 3.5 million eligible voters). However, not only did Republicans own a majority in the seats....they held an inexplicable 21 seat lead. This virtually assures that not only do Democrats never hold a majority the state of Wisconsin...but they will never EVER have a say in state politics.

If you look closely at the map. They have crated tiny districts of pockets of Democrats and disproportionately created a surplus of Republicans districts by dividing up what used to be a single district that voted Republican into 2 or 3 districts that are still reliable pockets of Republican votes.

In other words...Montana is an enormous state. It only has 3 electoral votes to offer during the election. If we divided Montana up into three separate states...East Montana/Central Montana/West Montana...each state now could offer 3 electoral votes a piece...totaling 9. Effectively, it triples their influence on hypothetical representation.

So yes....thank goodness everyone out there is following the rules. The rules are clearly very important. Or their just a guise to create the illusion of orderly elections and political representation. It could be that too.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/colu … 737243001/

My personal favorite quote: "The intelligent man on the street is going to say that's a bunch of baloney," Roberts insisted. If justices blow the whistle on Republican cheating, he believes, the public will inevitably conclude that they're simply shilling for Democrats — "And that is going to cause very serious harm to the status and the integrity of the decisions of this Court in the eyes of the country."

That's a quote from John Roberts.

I find the quote funny because the whole system was created to cheat in the first place. He's basically saying, we shouldn't intervene in cheating because correcting the system would be wrong in the eyes of the voters. In Wisconsin, they created the perfect system to create the illusion of democracy. Democrats continue to garner the lions share of votes overall, but are grossly underrepresented at the state and local levels.

so tell me more about the rules, the protocols....tell me more about how I don't understand the rules.

I understand the rules perfectly, but I also understand that no one is fucking following them. Tell me more about how when Obama used executive orders, it was wrong....but when Trump uses them they are okay. Tell me more....or so much more....

It was a brilliant plan:

1) Creating voter ID restrictions
2) greatly reduce the number of polling places in poorer/democratic voting areas
3) re-district and gerrymander the state so much that we create the illusion of democracy so no one notices

If you're alright with all of that...if that doesn't even cross your radar as something to be outraged about but NFL players kneeling on Sundays does....will then sir....you just might be a partisan hack.

So please, I beg of you...tell me more about the rules and protocols.

When you are a partisan hack, you can't really get offended if someone else is. 

Everybody cheats the system...I've been saying that for years, but to you I am a partisan hack in spite of the fact I have voted for far more independent candidates in presidential elections (going back to Perot) than people from either party.  No, because I am for fiscal responsibility over social agendas that we cannot pay for, I am the bad guy somehow.

Here's what happens here if you haven't figured it out already: there are 3-5 people that seem to love to bash everything Republican depending on the month.  Anyone that isn't 100% behind them must be either using talking point from some conservative website or partisan hacks (or whatever the flavor of the day is) because there's no way anybody could come up with a thought of their own.  Somebody speaks up against something and they get blasted and attacked personally (usually by slc).  Never do these attacks address what someone actually said; they attack talking points that were usually not even brought up by the poster.  There hasn't been serious discussion going on in this thread save a couple posts since it began.  There can't be until people understand what is going on.  BOTH sides rig shit in their favor.  Does it matter that they do it through the methods you mention above or by passing laws that appear to favor certain groups of people while really hurting all of us just so they can get some extra votes?  To me it doesn't.  I've been outspoken against all of it for years.  We ALL lose while both sides sit besides closed doors together toasting to their prosperity and laughing at our struggles and you guys just feed it further.  Congratulations.  You are a big part of the problem.

Board footer