You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Buzz is right about Pence, and Trump doing nothing.

Puerto Rico certainly would agree Trump is doing nothing.

PR is the reason PR is a mess.  When the weather channel is posting videos about the corruption there related to the power being out, it's safe to assume that Trump is not the issue there.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The governor of PR just gave high praise to Trump and FEMA and actually said there are a lot of issues locally that need to get better etc.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

People that have never lived outside the west don’t really grasp how corrupt and backwards other countries are. Weinstein is a sleaze, but that’s  the pinnacle of western corruption. And as others have pointed out, the moral majority on the left was completely ok with it until it was forced into the open. It’s the same indifference that enables us to condemn the taliban or Philippines while cozying up to Saudi Arabia or the left’s favorite victims, the Palestinians.

When I was in Iraq, Iraqi Soldiers wouldn’t dispense fuel to their own troops unless they were bribed. In Indonesia and China, you have to grease the wheels to get any business deals done.  Latin America to include PR, is no different.

But these concerns towards migrants from these cultures are completely ignored and the blame is tossed anywhere but at the real culprit. PR is corrupt and bankrupt. And some want to blame Trump rather than the people of PR.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

PR is corrupt and bankrupt. And some want to blame Trump rather than the people of PR.

You're sorta spinning things outta context. PR was hit by a major hurricaine & had a 100% power outage on the entire island. Trump, as President/Moron-In-Chief, spent several days tweeting about the NFL & athletes kneeling during the national anthem with little to no consolations to PR. (PR is a US territory btw). Then when he was questioned on it, he blamed them for their bankruptcy and said we can't stay forever instead of stating FEMA is working as hard as they can.

No one is blaming Trump for PR bankruptcy or corruptness, but its a fairly mutually exclusive issue. We can still assist them with hurricaine relief as we did New Orleans, Houston, Haiti during their earthquake years ago.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Buzz is right about Pence, and Trump doing nothing.

Puerto Rico certainly would agree Trump is doing nothing.

PR is the reason PR is a mess.

Is this along the same lines in logic as, if you live in California and there's an earthquake, that's your fault for living there?

Kind of along the same lines as, 'I don't care about you and your fucking problems...it's all about me and what impacts me.'

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

PR is corrupt and bankrupt. And some want to blame Trump rather than the people of PR.

You're sorta spinning things outta context.

Absolutely he is...it's as though FEMA and government aid/programs set aside for exactly these situations are only for certain people in this country.

It's sometimes as though some of the users on this board have takes as though we're watching a tv show...and none of this has a real impact on people. To some, this is just season 241, episode 96 of the tv show USA government. Never an ounce of empathy...and a, 'it doesn't directly affect me so why should I care' attitude.

PR was hit by a major hurricaine & had a 100% power outage on the entire island. Trump, as President/Moron-In-Chief, spent several days tweeting about the NFL & athletes kneeling during the national anthem with little to no consolations to PR. (PR is a US territory btw). Then when he was questioned on it, he blamed them for their bankruptcy and said we can't stay forever instead of stating FEMA is working as hard as they can.

I can't speak to PR and its finances...I just don't understand what their fiscal situation has to do with the hurricane. Again, these federal programs were set up for exactly these situations. Comments about PR being broke or not fiscally sound just doesn't seem to have much to do with FEMA or other federal support.

And your right....what a privilege it was for big, strong Trump to be more focused on NFL players kneeling. It's gross and his supporters are even more gross.

No one is blaming Trump for PR bankruptcy or corruptness, but its a fairly mutually exclusive issue. We can still assist them with hurricaine relief as we did New Orleans, Houston, Haiti during their earthquake years ago.

Exactly! I could not have said it better.

Most of this I really didn't have a negative reaction to...but that image of Trump throwing paper towels to the people of PR felt to me like those people at the live sporting events shooting t-shirts from a t-shirt gun. It's just like...wtf man...this is your idea of help?

Some of this board would say they should be grateful for the paper towel assistance program and shut up about it. I say that's not what this is about...it's about Trump showing compassion to people. To me, Trump's actions just screamed 'I'm here because I have to be...and I can't wait for this all to be over.' I think it said a lot when Trump's trying to offer up words of encouragement but is making sure everyone knows that PR is 'really breaking the budget' and other comments about Trump's main concern...which is the budget...not PR.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

To be completely fair, PR is really horribly run. I mean, it was our own personal Greece. It's just a mess.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

One of the big problems with the hurricane was that PR was horribly unprepared. They had given away most of their supplies to other places right before the storm. The people who were supposed to clear out the roads and deliver the supplies after the storm never showed up. The power grid was so old there was no way to bring it right back on line. Something they never updated in over 70 years. The Mayor of San Juan never showed up for FEMA meetings. Really, it's not just PR but the VI also. It's absolutely the worst timing for this big of a storm, for this island.

You might want to read this to see how completely fucked up things are with the power company there:
https://weather.com/news/news/puerto-ri … -whitefish

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Alienating our allies?  Let's see the proof and not the rhetoric.

NK war?  Pretty sure that happened once already.  I don't see how we're any closer than we were when Obama was ignoring it. 

Healthcare?  Pretty sure you're overreacting on that.  I work in healthcare and this isn't even a blip on the radar. 

PR is corrupt beyond belief.  They need to take some responsibility for their own problems.  Supplies have been there.  A cruise ship is sitting in port housing the help.  Do you want Don to go plug the power in himself?  WTF...

Coal?  You're worried about coal?  Good lord.

Did I miss any non-issues that you're trying to make into an issue because it fits your agenda?

The sky is blue.

No it's not, prove it!

Rinse/repeat.

That's why having a "conversation" with guys like you and Flagg is a waste of time. Jesus himself could come down to testify...wouldn't matter. Either way, if you think Trump's lack of legislative accomplishments means "nothing is happening" then you're not too bright. He's a bull in a china shop, destroying everything in his path while amping up conflict with another asshole in NK. Mostly importantly our relations with the rest of the planet. Something Flagg thinks is going just swimmingly, and Obama was much worse at relations, which as I said is just bonkers.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Alienating our allies?  Let's see the proof and not the rhetoric.

NK war?  Pretty sure that happened once already.  I don't see how we're any closer than we were when Obama was ignoring it. 

Healthcare?  Pretty sure you're overreacting on that.  I work in healthcare and this isn't even a blip on the radar. 

PR is corrupt beyond belief.  They need to take some responsibility for their own problems.  Supplies have been there.  A cruise ship is sitting in port housing the help.  Do you want Don to go plug the power in himself?  WTF...

Coal?  You're worried about coal?  Good lord.

Did I miss any non-issues that you're trying to make into an issue because it fits your agenda?

The sky is blue.

No it's not, prove it!

Rinse/repeat.

That's why having a "conversation" with guys like you and Flagg is a waste of time. Jesus himself could come down to testify...wouldn't matter. Either way, if you think Trump's lack of legislative accomplishments means "nothing is happening" then you're not too bright. He's a bull in a china shop, destroying everything in his path while amping up conflict with another asshole in NK. Mostly importantly our relations with the rest of the planet. Something Flagg thinks is going just swimmingly, and Obama was much worse at relations, which as I said is just bonkers.

I take the time to go through point by point and that's your response?  And you wonder why nobody wastes their time with you...You post absolute garbage, then bitch when you get garbage responses.  Someone takes the time to go point by point and you respond with absolute garbage.  Please don't bother responding to this part...I know what you're going to say before you post it.  Using your post as evidence, you like to waste a lot of time.

So what exactly has he destroyed?  I mean other than the weak-minded fragile people like you...

Board footer