You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

The dossier has never been discredited either, fwiw

In fact, quite a bit of it was proven to be true.

The remainder has yet to be proven false yet.

But even if the dossier was a steaming pile of horse shit, it wouldn't mean much in the big scheme of things. The conservatives are trying to say everything is born from this dossier, which is another lie. It's one small thing, of many many issues.

But here we are, arguing about nothing on the eve of an arrest. Just as Trump loyalists want. Spin, lie, and obfuscate. Anything but deal with what's about to happen.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

The conservatives are leaving things out and making false equivalence arguments as usual.

Conservative web sit Free Beacon funded the third party the research on Trump first. DNC/Hillary then picked up the tab for that third party. The third party then hired Steele to continue to dig.

That does not equal Hillary worked with a foreign agent to take down Trump. Not even close. However, what both GOP/Dem did uncover about Trump via this third party was enough to raise red flags for the FBI, who then began to investigate Trump for his unusual ties to Russia.

An investigation of Trump and his pals have been ongoing. The intelligence community told us unequivocally that Russia meddled in our election. They also felt Trump had enough odd connections to Russia to warrant an investigation.

Tomorrow, at the earliest, somebody or a group of people are going to be arrested in relation to that probe. This has absolutely nothing to do with Hillary. It will probably be the first in a series of arrests. I anticipate conservatives to poo poo it all.

What we watched over the last week was a distraction by state run TV (Fox) and Trump loyalists

Uranium deal was proven false. Hillary already was investigated for emails, and no charges were filed. The end. That's it.

The Christopher Steele fella never came into the picture until AFTER the Dems took over. Which means the Kremlin came into play AFTER the Republicans were finished and the Dems were funding.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The Christopher Steele fella never came into the picture until AFTER the Dems took over. Which means the Kremlin came into play AFTER the Republicans were finished and the Dems were funding.

That's pretty much what I said.

That's not collusion with Russia.

Don Jr. going to the Russians for dirt on Hillary "I love it!" ....yea that would be considered collusion.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

The dossier has never been discredited either, fwiw

In fact, quite a bit of it was proven to be true.

The remainder has yet to be proven false yet.

But even if the dossier was a steaming pile of horse shit, it wouldn't mean much in the big scheme of things. The conservatives are trying to say everything is born from this dossier, which is another lie. It's one small thing, of many many issues.

But here we are, arguing about nothing on the eve of an arrest. Just as Trump loyalists want. Spin, lie, and obfuscate. Anything but deal with what's about to happen.

You keep saying this, but it’s not true. What’s been confirmed from the dossier that wasn’t known at the time of its release?

You’ve been jerking off to this dossier for almost a year, and you have nothing to support the salacious allegations. You just want to believe horrible things about Trump because you have a pathological hatred for Republicans. Your father must have been a huge Reagan supporter.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You’ve been jerking off to this dossier for almost a year, and you have nothing to support the salacious allegations.

You keep lying about this too, liar. It's been discussed on this thread, but I never made a big deal out of it.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You’ve been jerking off to this dossier for almost a year, and you have nothing to support the salacious allegations.

You keep lying about this too, liar. It's been discussed on this thread, but I never made a big deal out of it.

I know, calling me a liar is a way for you to avoid confronting the reality you’re not very well informed and believe things that aren’t true. But how about you link an article that illustrates which claims were true.

Are you just going to call me names or will you at least consider the possibility you’re badly mistaken?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Manafort has surrendered himself.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Low level shit at the moment. Looks like the tactics is to bring trump down with a million small cuts that eventually lead to something. So far, no connection to Trump or collusion. But there is a lot more than this. This just gets the ball rolling, we must assume. If this is the best they have than it is weak. So I am assuming they have something bigger in the works.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

But there is a lot more than this. This just gets the ball rolling, we must assume. If this is the best they have than it is weak. So I am assuming they have something bigger in the works.

Yeah, this was the easiest, most logical move. Considering Manafort is a piece of shit that Trump couldn't even deal with for more than a few months, he just might give up a lot of information to save his own ass. Seems like the type of guy he is.

But besides the Manafort/Gates indictment, this other guy pleading guilty to lying to the FBI is interesting.

This thread has background.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

But there is a lot more than this. This just gets the ball rolling, we must assume. If this is the best they have than it is weak. So I am assuming they have something bigger in the works.

Yeah, this was the easiest, most logical move. Considering Manafort is a piece of shit that Trump couldn't even deal with for more than a few months, he just might give up a lot of information to save his own ass. Seems like the type of guy he is.

But besides the Manafort/Gates indictment, this other guy pleading guilty to lying to the FBI is interesting.

This thread has background.

[/embed]

From what I saw, he thought he was going to meet a woman that was related to Putin, like a niece I think. Turns out she isn’t related and the intended meeting never happened but he lied about it. The lie is what forced his hand.

Board footer