You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Nothing Manafort did is connected to him. I know this fact is skimmed over by some, but because I’m a degenerate gambler, I want to see if anyone will pony up the money.

You truly bewilder me sometimes...this is why I have such a difficult time taking you seriously...either I don't understand your sense of humor, you're baiting all of us or you really mean it.

This reeks so badly of corruption and you still don't want to admit it.

I will not go out there and say Trump will not be president in 6 months...but it's getting awfully hot in the kitchen.

Do you know how many people were arrested/indicted/sentenced in the Nixon impeachment? It took minimum 2 years and dozens were sentenced by the end of it all.

The American legal system is absurdly slow.

What are you talking about. Literally everything Manafort was charged with happened before he was on team Trump.

This isn’t 1975. Computers and evidence gathering are much quicker.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Nothing Manafort did is connected to him. I know this fact is skimmed over by some, but because I’m a degenerate gambler, I want to see if anyone will pony up the money.

You truly bewilder me sometimes...this is why I have such a difficult time taking you seriously...either I don't understand your sense of humor, you're baiting all of us or you really mean it.

I will not go out there and say Trump will not be president in 6 months...but it's getting awfully hot in the kitchen.

Do you know how many people were arrested/indicted/sentenced in the Nixon impeachment? It took minimum 2 years and dozens were sentenced by the end of it all.

What are you talking about. Literally everything Manafort was charged with happened before he was on team Trump.

You think technology is going to hasten the legal process? How’s everyone going to get their fingers in the pie is it’s not dragged out as long as possible?

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You think technology is going to hasten the legal process? How’s everyone going to get their fingers in the pie is it’s not dragged out as long as possible?

Mueller’s independence and autonomy is supposed to negate outside forces silencing or stalling. If this is occurring, he should notify the DoJ and Congress.

I expect the investigation to end soon. I expect it to be done no later than April.  Absolute worst case for anything related to Trump’s campaign, someone did something stupid like bought a car or took a gift that had no tangible effect on the campaign or election outcome. No one coordinated with the Kremlin.

I honestly don’t know what Manafort did other than launder millions somehow. I don’t know if anyone outside the investigation has an exact answer. There’s certainly accusations that are close to home to what happened. But none of those accusations have anything to do with the election. Manafort did something out of the Ukraine around 2014. Of all of Mueller’s charges, none suggest Manafort worked for the Kremlin and tried to or influence Trump or the election.

I don’t know why this comment illicits the assumption of defending Trump or worse, Trump’s alleged collusion. It’s a simple observation of the current investigation.

I have no doubt every person in the campaign bent every law and walked a tightrope at some point. And that’s true of any campaign. So I have no doubt if you shine a light long enough, you’ll find something. But unless these crimes have anything to do with collusion with Russia, it has dick to do with the Russian meddling in the 2016 election - the whole point of the investigation.

The investigation shouldn’t (and I don’t believe Mueller is running it this way) be a way to find some fuck up in the campaign to attack Trump. If in the process of the Russian investigation, something unrelated comes up, hunt that dog by all means.

But you can’t take a crime that happened 2 years before the election, and claim this somehow validates the Mueller probe or even more unfounded, it’s somehow evidence Trump did something wrong. Just as you can’t claim someone is under investigation for 5 months, then when they do something 5 months in that triggers an investigation, claim you were somehow right. That’s like saying you can go out today 10/31 and watch episode 8. Then when it comes out in December, claim you were right all along.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

A month ago you were saying nothing would come of this. Now you are predicting the outcome.

Shape shifter extraordinaire.

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:

A month ago you were saying nothing would come of this. Now you are predicting the outcome.

Nothing has come of this. Can you tell me what has happened related to Russian tampering with the 2016 election?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Nothing has come of this. Can you tell me what has happened related to Russian tampering with the 2016 election?

Kindof a guess but they either paid for or more likely agreed to terms (pay to play, this for that, pro quid pro) for Hillary's hacked emails, and adapted their campaign platform to a more Russia-friendly policy. Also funneled money or asked Russia to pay for the fake ads, essentially millions of unaccounted for & undeclared campaign funding (Doesn't Campaign Finance Reform require all donations to be registered in some form)?

Also, there's alot of talk about loans Trump might have had. Maybe he secured low rate loans for properties or deals to build in Moscow/St Pete. 666 5th Avenue is one, Kushners family properties another, This piece from a few weeks ago was pretty thorough & well researched, I'll have to reread it now that charges are beginning to be brought:  https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017 … corruption

Bummer about that wacko in NYC. Truck/vehicle attacks are now a fear, much like its become in Europe. Ashame, what way can you stop it, even less so than guns, just some nut job out to kill. In a way glad he lived, fucker gets to spend the rest of his days in jail. Its obvious he was hoping to die by swinging around a pellet gun, good thing the officer didn't do him that courtesy although financially I'd have rather seen him shot & killed.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Geez, did BigBri use a Mitchjw post in this Chicago Tribune piece??

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin … story.html

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Sorry no...though I do wish I could take credit for it

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Sorry no...though I do wish I could take credit for it

big_smile

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Kindof a guess but they either paid for or more likely agreed to terms (pay to play, this for that, pro quid pro) for Hillary's hacked emails, and adapted their campaign platform to a more Russia-friendly policy. Also funneled money or asked Russia to pay for the fake ads, essentially millions of unaccounted for & undeclared campaign funding (Doesn't Campaign Finance Reform require all donations to be registered in some form)?

Also, there's alot of talk about loans Trump might have had. Maybe he secured low rate loans for properties or deals to build in Moscow/St Pete. 666 5th Avenue is one, Kushners family properties another, This piece from a few weeks ago was pretty thorough & well researched, I'll have to reread it now that charges are beginning to be brought:  https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017 … corruption

Also, as mentioned earlier, it is now believed that it was Manafort who sent an email to Gates asking him to send in a low level official to meet with the Russians. The Russians offered goods on Hillary, and the Trump campaign jumped at the chance to get it on numerous occasions. Both Don Jr. and Papadopoulos have been confirmed so far.

So first it was the "They've been investigating this for months and we have nothing" to "Sure they've made arrests, but we have no proof of collusion with the Russians," and of course "Hillary Clinton."

Give me a break.

Board footer