You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Strange, just heard the White House is in lockdown and reporters sent to a certain section. Now, just heard a person was taken into custody (angry staffer?). Seems like an internal, upset staffer. Probably not all that big a deal, just HR stuff.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just looking over all, I am fine with the tax plan.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Small businesses and home builders would suffer under it. Isn't that two of your areas?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Small businesses and home builders would suffer under it. Isn't that two of your areas?

If the bullshit interest tax deduction keeps you from buying a home you probably couldn’t afford it anyway. People that pay cash don’t get that deduction. Apartment folks don’t get it. And you still get it up to $500,000.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I’d be more okay with it if you (or anyone) could explain how you can increase spending and decrease taxes without a massive long term consequences

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I’d be more okay with it if you (or anyone) could explain how you can increase spending and decrease taxes without a massive long term consequences

I agree. Nobody wants to cut shit. I mean fuck, the folks in NY and CA are livid they wanted to no longer include State taxes as deductible. But really why should they be? If every state paid the same, yes. But with huge differences I see how it could be unfair.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree. Nobody wants to cut shit. I mean fuck, the folks in NY and CA are livid they wanted to no longer include State taxes as deductible. But really why should they be? If every state paid the same, yes. But with huge differences I see how it could be unfair.

This is what kills me. These states want to create social programs out the wazoo, but don’t want to pay their fair share to the federal government. Kind of funny.

And using Maine as an example of why a mortgage cap of 500k is unfair because people own 2 homes. 1st world problems

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This is what kills me. These states want to create social programs out the wazoo, but don’t want to pay their fair share to the federal government. Kind of funny.

And using Maine as an example of why a mortgage cap of 500k is unfair because people own 2 homes. 1st world problems

Exactly. Let’s say a man in Mississippi makes $100,000 and a man in NY makes $100,000. Let’s say the man in Miss tax state tax is $2,500 per year and the man in NY is $15,000 per year. That is a huge difference. That means the man from Miss, if all things are equal, will pay much more to the Fed than the man from NY. But the man from NY may actually pay more in total taxes. Both should pay the same to the Fed I think.  Or else in theory people from Mississippi per person are paying more in to the Fed than the average New Yorker etc. now, NY has many more people, so over all they contribute more, but the individuals would pay more in Miss.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Fuck the deduction. Nobody made you buy that home. If you pay cash you get zero deduct. $500,000 is more than fair. If you home is $1,000,000 you don’t need a deduct.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

My only complaint is churches shouldn’t be able to promote politicians and be tax free. Especially since SCOTUS is going to probably end forced union dues

Board footer