You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

As for Moore, I think he & the top GOPers are awaiting updated polling info. If the dem seems to be on his way to winning, they'll announce a change/replacement. If it seems he'll pull thru & his supporters are more supportive of him, they'll ride it out then announce a replacement.

They're just remaining non-commital to see where the polls & voters are at. Trump didn't even comment on it today, that's just bad.

Well a poll today has him down 12 now.

Even Hannity (originally defending him) is demanding he give it up.

Moore's arrogance is astounding to be honest, as are the evangelicals who back him no matter what.

That’s evangelicals in general..makes you wonder what they do every Sunday morning doesn’t it? I don’t know how that sect of religious zealots consistently produce such human garbage.

Anyone want to threorize on what really goes on behind closed doors with evangelicals?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well a poll today has him down 12 now.

Even Hannity (originally defending him) is demanding he give it up.

Moore's arrogance is astounding to be honest, as are the evangelicals who back him no matter what.

That’s evangelicals in general..makes you wonder what they do every Sunday morning doesn’t it? I don’t know how that sect of religious zealots consistently produce such human garbage.

Anyone want to threorize on what really goes on behind closed doors with evangelicals?

Probably rooted in shame and taboo. Same reason homosexuality is more common than the leaders would admit in Muslim countries.  Doing the wrong or bad thing can be fun.

Randall Flagg

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-t … l-franken/

Will the left demand Al Franken resign or is this woman’s story not credible or Franken gets a pass because he’s a liberal darling. We’ll see if the media runs with this story or ignores it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Shepard Smith totally destroyed Fox's Hillary uranium conspiracy. I predict he'll be working at MSNBC soon.

Why?  It’s good to have an objective voice. He’d be unique at MSNBC too. No one there has bucked the Trump collusion narrative.

lol.

It's Watergate 2.0.  No doubt about it in my mind, and no I'm not glued to Maddow or Lawrence O'Donnell.

Mitch & SLC, you gotta check out Frontline's 'Putins Revenge' 2 part episode. In it they essentially lay out that during the DNC email leaks, which occured 2 days before the DNC convention, and to which Trump was glorifying saying how great it was, how he loves Wikileaks etc he relished in it. Well, the FBI & CIA began they're investigation. Basically, Trumps involvement in it came up immediately. By Labor Day Obama knew of the ties, and discussions were held as to what to do & make public. They ultimately decided that it would appear they were interfering with the election if they opened the case and made it public. Plus, Hillary had such a lead and was expected to win, they let it alone. They did offer a press release laying claims to 'likely' having something to do with the connection, but unfortunately in a way later that day the NBC Inside Edition footage leaked. Again at that point its expected Hillary will win so the intelligence agencies stayed aside.

It's surreal to watch & see Trump (knowingly being connected to the leaks) say things like he loves Russia, he loves Wikileaks, and pitching Russia saying wink wink "I hope Russia finds those 30,000 emails of Hillary Clintons". Like, WTF. Is he a complete moron??

Then, picture this, a few days after he takes office and meets with Obama (who prolly told him 'Oh, by the way......'), Trump makes that tweet admitting "What the heck, just found out Obama was wiretapping me during my campaign" lol.  Well, yeah, because our country needed to find out who was behind the leaks, and quicker discovered it was Russia, and in that quick search it was immediately discovered the Trump campaign had very close involvement in it.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/putins-revenge/
Its worth a watch, should be on OTT streaming devices in the PBS app/channel.

Flagg, you can pound your Innocent Until Proven Guilty drum all day long. I predict this thing'll be over by the end of March.

I've been super busy lately but I will definitely look into all of this probably this weekend. Cheers! 5

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Will the left demand Al Franken resign or is this woman’s story not credible or Franken gets a pass because he’s a liberal darling. We’ll see if the media runs with this story or ignores it.

The media is already running with it, so your question has been answered.

Unlike many of these cases, including those involving Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, and Roy Moore, Franken admitted it and apologized.

I think he should resign. Story is clearly credible because there is a photo, and I don't really consider him a liberal darling.

Randall Flagg

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Unlike many of these cases, including those involving Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, and Roy Moore, Franken admitted it and apologized.

I think he should resign. Story is clearly credible because there is a photo, and I don't really consider him a liberal darling.

I don’t think he should resign. What he did was inappropriate, specifically the kissing part, but they were in a fucking war zone. He touched her over her Kevlar vest. A bullet can’t pebetrate it, but his assault can?

He apologized. That should be the end of it. Same with Louis C.K.  Theres a difference between what they did in my opinion and what it looks like what Moore did. The other have consent while Moore didn’t.

This “lets dig up anything we can on a celebrity” schtick will get old quick. Some common sense needs to be applied to this shit.

Interestingly I met her and Bradley Cooper in Iraq in early 2009. Very nice lady, and he was very nice as well.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I don't think he should resign, either. There will be an investigation, let it play out.

Louis CK isn't Weinstein, he's not a rapist, he shouldn't be compared to him. Franken shouldn't be compared to a dude trying to fuck 14 year olds, either.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Phil Bredesen might run for Bob Corker's Senate seat. Holy cow, he might just flip the TN senate seat to Democrats. He's very popular here.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It's on the top of Huff Po. But nice try.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I don’t think he should resign. What he did was inappropriate, specifically the kissing part, but they were in a fucking war zone. He touched her over her Kevlar vest. A bullet can’t pebetrate it, but his assault can?

He apologized. That should be the end of it. Same with Louis C.K.  Theres a difference between what they did in my opinion and what it looks like what Moore did. The other have consent while Moore didn’t.

This “lets dig up anything we can on a celebrity” schtick will get old quick. Some common sense needs to be applied to this shit.

Interestingly I met her and Bradley Cooper in Iraq in early 2009. Very nice lady, and he was very nice as well.

He'll have to resign or the double standard will allow the GOP and Moore supporters to keep him around. I like Franken, for the most part, but I have to disagree about the consent part. She clearly was sleeping in that photo, but that's a minor point.

I just think there will be too much drama around Franken now that could complicate his ability to do his job with credibility. Also, where there's one, there are usually others if they truly think that kind of behavior is acceptable.

Board footer