You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The media is already running with it, so your question has been answered.

Unlike many of these cases, including those involving Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, and Roy Moore, Franken admitted it and apologized.

I think he should resign. Story is clearly credible because there is a photo, and I don't really consider him a liberal darling.

I don’t think he should resign. What he did was inappropriate, specifically the kissing part, but they were in a fucking war zone. He touched her over her Kevlar vest. A bullet can’t pebetrate it, but his assault can?

He apologized. That should be the end of it. Same with Louis C.K.  Theres a difference between what they did in my opinion and what it looks like what Moore did. The other have consent while Moore didn’t.

This “lets dig up anything we can on a celebrity” schtick will get old quick. Some common sense needs to be applied to this shit.

Interestingly I met her and Bradley Cooper in Iraq in early 2009. Very nice lady, and he was very nice as well.

He'll have to resign or the double standard will allow the GOP and Moore supporters to keep him around. I like Franken, for the most part, but I have to disagree about the consent part. She clearly was sleeping in that photo, but that's a minor point.

I just think there will be too much drama around Franken now that could complicate his ability to do his job with credibility. Also, where there's one, there are usually others if they truly think that kind of behavior is acceptable.

He’s a comic. His left hand is clearly not touching her, so I’d assume the right wasnt either. And again, she had a Kevlar vest on. Can i massage your toes if you’re wearing steel toed boots?

She consented to the kiss and he stopped when she said no. I just think this is political correctness gone amok.

I was front row at a guns show in 2006 when papa roach opened.  I was on the rail and had my hand on it to prevent me from being crushed when the lead singer stood there and everyone rushed towards him. His dick and balls were resting on my hand.  I guess I should go public with my sexual assault claim. He knew I was vulnerable and couldn’t move my hand and there’s no way he didn’t know his dick and balls were resting on my hand. I feel so violated. Maybe some camera time and public support over twitter will help me get over the trauma.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I agree with your depiction of the Franken allegations, but it's the related bullshit that's going to be the problem: hypocrisy, double standards, credibility.

Do I want him to resign? No. Will he? I have no idea. Should he? Again, I think so. He'll forever be tainted in the eyes of critics. Who knows, maybe it will die down in a few days, but I can just see how the GOP will keep it alive to justify Moore. And that I definitely don't want.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I don’t think he should resign. What he did was inappropriate, specifically the kissing part, but they were in a fucking war zone. He touched her over her Kevlar vest. A bullet can’t pebetrate it, but his assault can?

He apologized. That should be the end of it. Same with Louis C.K.  Theres a difference between what they did in my opinion and what it looks like what Moore did. The other have consent while Moore didn’t.

This “lets dig up anything we can on a celebrity” schtick will get old quick. Some common sense needs to be applied to this shit.

Interestingly I met her and Bradley Cooper in Iraq in early 2009. Very nice lady, and he was very nice as well.

He'll have to resign or the double standard will allow the GOP and Moore supporters to keep him around. I like Franken, for the most part, but I have to disagree about the consent part. She clearly was sleeping in that photo, but that's a minor point.

I just think there will be too much drama around Franken now that could complicate his ability to do his job with credibility. Also, where there's one, there are usually others if they truly think that kind of behavior is acceptable.

He’s a comic. His left hand is clearly not touching her, so I’d assume the right wasnt either. And again, she had a Kevlar vest on. Can i massage your toes if you’re wearing steel toed boots?

She consented to the kiss and he stopped when she said no. I just think this is political correctness gone amok.

I was front row at a guns show in 2006 when papa roach opened.  I was on the rail and had my hand on it to prevent me from being crushed when the lead singer stood there and everyone rushed towards him. His dick and balls were resting on my hand.  I guess I should go public with my sexual assault claim. He knew I was vulnerable and couldn’t move my hand and there’s no way he didn’t know his dick and balls were resting on my hand. I feel so violated. Maybe some camera time and public support over twitter will help me get over the trauma.

I think you should come forward and go public with your story and allow your healing to begin. 14 16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Roy Moore is not going away.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Franken should stay in and go through the investigation. It should also force an ethics investigation on Trump for his own accusations. McConnell just called for it on Al. This should push the same for Trump. Why should they just give up and take the high road? Push the issue.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Roy Moore is not going away.

[/embed]

What possible motivation would McConnel have here? The senate has a fragile majority as it is.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Franken should stay in and go through the investigation. It should also force an ethics investigation on Trump for his own accusations. McConnell just called for it. This should push the same for Trump. Why should they just give up and take the high road? Push the issue.

If they investigate Franken, then let's investigate Trump. Trump's accusers are a much longer list and much more vile.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What possible motivation would McConnel have here? The senate has a fragile majority as it is.

I think he's trying to bring a bit of normalcy to the moderate GOPers, mostly for 2018. He probably has good intel that this is all true, likely he was known to have been kinda that way all along. I remember when the R Kelly piss tape came out there was talk he liked younger girls anyway, so this could just be along those lines. Wouldn't be good if the head of the GOP stood firmly by him thru all this. So yeah I get why McConnells doing it.

Also, he probably believes the only way to win AL now is to say another Republican will inevitably fill the seat, whereas Moore probably believes the best way is for him to gung ho full speed ahead on this. Wasn't this the race where they had 2 Republicans in the primary & it was pretty close (and Trump supported one candidate & Bannon the other?). Why not just select the other guy & say he's going to fill it. Although, I can see how the hardcore right voters may view that as a slight against them (kinda like when Hillary didn't select Bernie as her VP....  but that's none of my business lol)

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:

[/embed]

Wow. Democrats sweep both houses and assaults and settlements reach a record high!  14

Board footer