You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
johndivney wrote:

On some level you have to admire the realpolitiking of the republicans. There was a ruthlessness to the manner of the execution, & the unrelated amendments. It feels like a historic moment, a real victory/coup for them. The impact will be profound in shaping the immediate future. & it is progress in the most absurd sense. Seems like a crazy moment, much more than another lurch to the right, it has the scope to shape America’s future (& the corporate world’s) for generations. The sheer weight & drama of what they’ve pulled off could well be historic in its implications.

I guess I just wasn’t made for these times..

You're right. It started with Citizens United, which paved the way for a coup like this. And it is a coup by the billionaires, historic and will destroy the future of this country if it becomes law. A shift like none we've seen before, to be signed off by a criminal who colluded with a rival country to win the presidency. This is completely insane.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You guys bring a smile to my face.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/abc-corrects … 40329.html

I know, I know. Next time maybe. Also really interested to know how the GOP tax bill fucks any of you or your friends. Where was this concern with the ACA and all the middle class people who had their premiums spiked so 2-3 people out of every million can get their dicks cut off.

But I guess they had to pass it to know what’s in it. Can we at least all agree it was a bipartisan bill since a democrat sat in a single meeting once?  I just want consistency in logical reasoning.

Another throw away comment by RF designed solely to ruffle some feathers. Lacking any substance whatsoever.

Did anyone here comment on or give a shit about Flynn’s impact on the stick market?

Totally irrelevant.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You guys bring a smile to my face.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/abc-corrects … 40329.html

I know, I know. Next time maybe. Also really interested to know how the GOP tax bill fucks any of you or your friends. Where was this concern with the ACA and all the middle class people who had their premiums spiked so 2-3 people out of every million can get their dicks cut off.

But I guess they had to pass it to know what’s in it. Can we at least all agree it was a bipartisan bill since a democrat sat in a single meeting once?  I just want consistency in logical reasoning.

Another throw away comment by RF designed solely to ruffle some feathers. Lacking any substance whatsoever.

Did anyone here comment on or give a shit about Flynn’s impact on the stick market?

Totally irrelevant.

The comment was a response to a bunch of people creaming their pants at something that didn’t happen. Flynn is testifying that Trump (or Kushner - I’ve seen conflicting articles) told him to reach out to Russia after the election to start a joint plan on ISIS. No more, no less. Not treason, not illegal.

But those who want to, ignore what was said and fill in the blanks with their own hopes/dreams/wishes.

It’s funny watching some of you fall for it and demonstrate a total lack of reading skills.

You’re right though, there’s not much to discuss. You’re pretending that the tax plan fucks the middle class, which every outlet that isn’t a Vox says is bullshit. The middle class will pay less in taxes unless you have a million itemized deductions, which the GOP is clearly saying they’re trying to move away from. I agree with this. If you’re saving every receipt to mitigate your taxes, I don’t think you really believe in paying your “fair share”.  If you really cared about the middle class, you wouldn’t have blind devotion to the ACA. But fuck those families in every day that ends in Y, right?

Nothing is happening to Trump. This isn’t “big news”. It’s sonething we’ve known for a year when the far left wackos were crying “Logan act” last December. It’s a joke, and 12 months from now, the same group will be posting “huge news” while Trump is still in office.

I’m free to post nonsense and laugh when you and others scream the sky is falling and obviously haven’t read anything more than a headline.

Hope your weekend is going swell.

Edit:  and here’s Panetta saying “it’s a stretch to say anything illegal happened” https://ntknetwork.com/leon-panetta-its … -contacts/

But I doubt this particular person is of any value to those who want to believe.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Look at this dummy today...his lawyers must be banging their heads on their desks.

Randall Flagg

Haha, ABC suspends the reporter for 4 weeks for pushing the story you all gobbled up.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/02/media/a … index.html

When do you start to question if you’re chasing the dragon?

And before you know who tries to alter what they said, this means Flynn isn’t “flipping” on Trump.

It’s really getting embarrassing.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Haha, ABC suspends the reporter for 4 weeks for pushing the story you all gobbled up.

And before you know who tries to alter what they said, this means Flynn isn’t “flipping” on Trump.

Well that's the difference between real journalism and crap like Fox and other right wing outfits...they're actually concerned about accuracy.

And of course Flynn is giving assistance to Mueller, that's the entire point of the plea deal he made.

Nice attempt at a pivot though. This is pretty irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Well that's the difference between real journalism and crap like Fox and other right wing outfits...they're actually concerned about accuracy.

And of course Flynn is giving assistance to Mueller, that's the entire point of the plea deal he made.

Nice attempt at a pivot though. This is pretty irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

Have you read his plea?  He said he lied about conversations with Russia related to fighting ISIS. That he lied is the crime. Not the conversation with Russia. Trump could have told him to make the call, still no crime.

That’s what you’re missing, the crime he’s pleading to is lying. Not colluding with Russia to interfere with the election on Trump’s orders, which is what you thought and are hoping it said. He had a legal conversation with Russia about ISIS.

If you want to chase the Logan Act, go for it. But it’s obvious Mueller isn’t. Which you’d know if you read the plea.

You were duped again. Just admit that Trump is a fucking moron whom you hate, but he won the election fairly and without coordinating with Russia. It’ll make your life so much easier, and you can actually post about policies and legislation you dislike, rather than pop in here every few weeks to spread Russian style disinformation. You running with this conspiracy shit is what they want.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, not a big smoking gun. Other reporters had info that he flipped but didn't go as far as saying Flynn was going to testify against Trump. Seems like Ross took info he wanted to believe to get a leg up on the competition. I'm sure the right is celebrating (Randy) as proof of fake news, but its not the conspiracy/proof of innocence they think it is. Might be tap dancing too soon.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Have you read his plea?  He said he lied about conversations with Russia related to fighting ISIS. That he lied is the crime. Not the conversation with Russia. Trump could have told him to make the call, still no crime.

That’s what you’re missing, the crime he’s pleading to is lying. Not colluding with Russia to interfere with the election on Trump’s orders, which is what you thought and are hoping it said. He had a legal conversation with Russia about ISIS.

If you want to chase the Logan Act, go for it. But it’s obvious Mueller isn’t. Which you’d know if you read the plea.

You were duped again. Just admit that Trump is a fucking moron whom you hate, but he won the election fairly and without coordinating with Russia. It’ll make your life so much easier, and you can actually post about policies and legislation you dislike, rather than pop in here every few weeks to spread Russian style disinformation. You running with this conspiracy shit is what they want.

I think the point you're missing is that the cover up is worse than the crime. Flynn lied, and Trump's meetings and pressure on Comey, eventually firing him because of the investigation, is still pretty serious, IMO. Will it lead to anything? I don't know. I know my opinion is that he should be removed from office because he's unfit to lead, nothing to really do with collusion with Russia.

In my most deepest desire is that enough is found for Hillary to challenge the election.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

I think the point you're missing is that the cover up is worse than the crime. Flynn lied, and Trump's meetings and pressure on Comey, eventually firing him because of the investigation, is still pretty serious, IMO. Will it lead to anything? I don't know. I know my opinion is that he should be removed from office because he's unfit to lead, nothing to really do with collusion with Russia.

In my most deepest desire is that enough is found for Hillary to challenge the election.

Wouldn’t matter. The states validated their EVs. Unless you have proof that not only the real vote tallies in states were compromised, but get SCOTUS to rule that this invalidates the Electoral College results, nothing changes. Since no one has made the first claim, let alone provide any evidence, Hillary becoming President is as realistic as Cleveland winning the super bowl.

Win the mid terms and don’t run Kamilla Harris in 2020 if you want anyone but Trump in the White House.

Board footer