You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

Has anybody else noticed that both the WH and his lawyers are now saying that Trump can't obstruct justice, because he's POTUS? And that collusion is not a crime? Fox News is (state TV) is running with the same thing. They're expecting this in the pipeline. Soon everybody else will be saying it too.

Have you found a Samantha Bee clip yet explaining how Trump obstructed Justice?  How firing Comey impacted any investigation?  Or did you just stop at the headline that says Trump obstructed Justice?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Has anybody else noticed that both the WH and his lawyers are now saying that Trump can't obstruct justice, because he's POTUS? And that collusion is not a crime? Fox News is (state TV) is running with the same thing. They're expecting this in the pipeline. Soon everybody else will be saying it too.

Have you found a Samantha Bee clip yet explaining how Trump obstructed Justice?  How firing Comey impacted any investigation?  Or did you just stop at the headline that says Trump obstructed Justice?

Always trying to pivot huh?

Well since an investigation is ongoing, I'll wait for Mueller's results. But he's on record asking Senators and other intelligence people to make this go away. Also asking loyalty from Comey, and then firing him when it was clear he wasn't some bootlick. Among other things...

But as I said, there is a reason Fox News is saying that obstruction isn't a crime.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Well since an investigation is ongoing, I'll wait for Mueller's results. But he's on record asking Senators and other intelligence people to make this go away. Also asking loyalty from Comey, and then firing him when it was clear he wasn't some bootlick. Among other things...

But as I said, there is a reason Fox News is saying that obstruction isn't a crime.

RF...is it more important for you to be right than it is for actual law breakers to be caught?

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

I have nothing to pivot from. My position (as yours) has been consistent from day one - Trump never colluded with Russia. And no evidence exists of anyone on his staff colluding with Russia. Yours has been the exact opposite of mine, much to my personal enjoyment.

I have no idea if financial crimes unrelated to the election occurred. If they did, address them.

But the strongest case of collusion with Russian intelligence comes from Clinton’s campaign, not Trump’s. But I’m not interested in another 12 months of a political circus to go after Hillary. I don’t care.

But Flynn isn’t and didn’t flip on Trump, because there’s nothing to flip on. Trump’s just a brash loud mouth who embarrasses the office of the president on a daily basis. I didn’t vote for him, so I have nothing to apologize for.

Democrats overplayed their hand, and the American people won’t soon forget how the media handled this.  This whole charade will benefit Trump far more than it will hurt him in 2020.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

RF...is it more important for you to be right than it is for actual law breakers to be caught?

I’m more interested in ending the false narrative our President worked with Putin than I am about Flynn lying to the FBI. One has real world implications where the other is just a normal day in Washington. That’s not to say those who violated the law shouldn’t be punished, just that in my opinion, ending the witch hunt that is all based on lies and has been a major distraction is worth more importance.

I’m not interested in being right. Just not allowing people to have their own version of facts.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I have nothing to pivot from. My position (as yours) has been consistent from day one - Trump never colluded with Russia. And no evidence exists of anyone on his staff colluding with Russia. Yours has been the exact opposite of mine, much to my personal enjoyment.

I have no idea if financial crimes unrelated to the election occurred. If they did, address them.

But the strongest case of collusion with Russian intelligence comes from Clinton’s campaign, not Trump’s. But I’m not interested in another 12 months of a political circus to go after Hillary. I don’t care.

But Flynn isn’t and didn’t flip on Trump, because there’s nothing to flip on. Trump’s just a brash loud mouth who embarrasses the office of the president on a daily basis. I didn’t vote for him, so I have nothing to apologize for.

Democrats overplayed their hand, and the American people won’t soon forget how the media handled this.  This whole charade will benefit Trump far more than it will hurt him in 2020.

I couldn’t disagree more with your last paragraph. The republicans put on this charade with Hillary for more than half a decade and the country rewarded them with all the branches of government.

I think you have and continue to grossly underestimate the political power this will yield.

Whether trump is ever accused directly or not, all this smoke has tainted him and his low approval ratings show that.

There’s a huge difference between what Mueller can and will prove and the already established perception of over 60 percent of people in this country. Trump is guilty in the jury of public opinion.

That’s going to hurt him the most.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

How firing Comey impacted any investigation?

I think this question answered itself.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Trump never colluded with Russia. And no evidence exists of anyone on his staff colluding with Russia.

Ughh, this again. The Russians hacked into the DNC email server. Trumps team asked they be leaked to Wikileaks so that the American public can read the emails in an effort to sway the elections votes toward Trump.

What is unknown is if the Trump team offered anything in return to Russia if they leaked the emails. That aside though, the Trump team should have reported the hack to the FBI in the first place, not ask they be posted on wikileaks.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

dp

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I've said it many times I doubt Trump finishes 2018 let alone his term. He may just hand out pardons & resign, saying "I did all I wanted to do. I passed tax reform, we got that done. Washingtons too corrupt to deal with." and resign, leaving Pence as Pres. Or, more likely impeachment or charges brought.

I highly doubt Trump runs again in 2020 no matter what. I think he wants to get the hell outta there & realizes it was the biggest mistake of his life right now. He runs his business like a dictator & made an error in judgement that the Presidency is not one, not at all. It's pretty far from it and there are many, big picture things to consider that he isn't interested in, let alone PR. Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if he did run that the American public were to re-elect him. I really don't think it'll happen, but it's not all that hard to fathom if he were to run again. All he's gotta do is throw out a few "Obama"'s to his base & they'll eat it up.

Board footer