You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Also, Manafort must be the biggest idiot in the world. Or just so arrogant, he thinks he can do anything. I wouldn't be surprised if his bail is revoked.

What'd he do?  Its so hard to keep up with it all. I googled it & it said he wrote a news article something about what Russian collusion "would" have looked like if they did it or something? Bizarre.

SNL news had a great bit last week. Colin Jost said "President Trump apparently accused Joe Scarborough of murder in a tweet this past week. But it was buried in the weeks news. Which is interesting, because in most times the President accusing someone of murder would probably make the front page."

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/06/another … es-it.html

This is what happens when you weaponize sexual assault allegations. Nutters come out of the wood work for attention and the DNC canniabalizes itself.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/06/another … es-it.html

This is what happens when you weaponize sexual assault allegations. Nutters come out of the wood work for attention and the DNC canniabalizes itself.

I think this could all be a ploy...to gain political points and maybe just show how differently democrats handle sexual misconduct as compared to republicans and Roy Moore.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

It is getting a little silly.  "He tried to kiss me"??

That's assault nowadays.  Geezz.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just wait until women start getting passed over for job for fear of sexual harassment.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

What'd he do?  ]

Paul Manafort Wrote Op-Ed With Russian While On Bail

President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort was ghostwriting an op-ed with a Russian with ties to the Russian intelligence service while out on bail last month, Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team said, CNN reported.

Manafort was working on the op-ed, written in English, as recently as Nov. 30. It related to his political work in Ukraine and his foreign lobbying and money laundering criminal charges.

In a court filing, Mueller's team claims "Manafort worked on the draft with a long-time Russian colleague of Manafort's, who is currently based in Russia and assessed to have ties to a Russian intelligence service," ABC News reported.

The filing from Mueller's team Monday asked the court to renegotiate the $10 million unsecured bail and house arrest agreement Mueller's office and Manafort's lawyers made last week. It asserts the op-ed reflects "an intention to violate or circumvent the Court's existing Orders." Therefore, "the government submits that the proposed bail package is insufficient to reasonably to assure his appearance as required," according to ABC.

Judge Amy Berman Jackson placed a gag order on the trial and warned both sides not to "try the case on the courthouse steps."

"This is a criminal trial, not a public relations campaign," Jackson said.

Prosecutors said if the op-ed had been published it would have violated the judge's order because it was written "to influence the public's opinion of defendant Manafort, or else there would be no reason to seek its publication — much less for Manafort and his long-time associate to ghostwrite it in another's name."

The former campaign chairman was indicted in October as part of the ongoing Russia probe on 12 counts related to work done before joining the Trump campaign, including conspiracy against the U.S., conspiracy to launder money and serving as an unregistered agent of a foreign principal. Manafort pleaded not guilty to all the charges.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I think this could all be a ploy...to gain political points and maybe just show how differently democrats handle sexual misconduct as compared to republicans and Roy Moore.

Correct. The GOP, for the most part, has rallied around an accused pedophile. Multiple women have come forward. He was banned from the local mall. People knew this for years. Yet most Republicans seem OK with this and want him in office. It's not a stretch though. If they can get behind somebody like Trump, then they can get behind a man like Moore.

Randall Flagg

I hope he doesn’t resign. I hope he stands his ground, and voices concern for how absurd this latest trend of believing any accusation put forward.

The “grab them by the pussy” tape emerged a month before the election and Trump voters and a lot of Clinton voters didn’t give a fuck. This does nothing but hurt Democrats. What happens when a Republican wins his Senate seat?  Will it be worth it then?

No One is saying sexual assault is ok. But to destroy someone’s life solely based on a couple allegations standing next to Gloria Allred?  Seriously?

I don’t want Trump to win 2020 and this retarded nonsense is going to keep him in office. The black and blue collar voters who didn’t show up for Clinton aren’t going to be mobilized with this nonsense.

What will they do when some random dude accuses Pelosi of pinching his ass?  Do they even wait before they crucify her?

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Correct. The GOP, for the most part, has rallied around an accused pedophile. Multiple women have come forward. He was banned from the local mall. People knew this for years. Yet most Republicans seem OK with this and want him in office. It's not a stretch though. If they can get behind somebody like Trump, then they can get behind a man like Moore.

You had no problem getting behind Clinton. Why were his accusers less reputable/concerning?  Was it ok for Hillary to attack them and not give them a voice.

Everyone else sees right through this charade.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You had no problem getting behind Clinton. Why were his accusers less reputable/concerning?  Was it ok for Hillary to attack them and not give them a voice.

Everyone else sees right through this charade.

Hillary is sexually assaulting people now?? ?

He didn’t silence anyone. Those women are still telling their stories.

Board footer