You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't think ANY of us voted for Trump, so stop acting like we are all for him and blindly defend him at all costs.  You completely lack any perspective on anything.  It's all or nothing with you.

If no one voted for him then why is he president ?

SG didn’t you vote for him?

I’m just saying...if a message board full of men cant find a single trump voter then that’s kind of interesting all by itself.

Does anyone here actually know a Trump voter?

They appear to be a mythical creature that is almost as rare as el chupacabra.

I'm sure others here voted for him, just not those active in this conversation. I don't find that surprising either given that there's no way any democrat would vote for him and the republican leaners still vote their mind and not straight ticket like the democrats do. Even SG didn’t vote for Moore even though he voted Trump.

That in a nutshell is why you guys drive me crazy. You're blindly committed to the cause and completely unwilling to even consider that maybe the democrats could be wrong about something.

Well there’s good news on that....first...democrats have no say in government at the federal level. So...this country could do as it pleases without having to hear from a democrat.

Second, wasn’t Trump a birther? That to me will always be on a level all by itself. How many years did trump obstruct a sitting president and undermine his credibility? He created his whole movement off of that ignorance.

Third, I’ve discussed his tax policy ad nauseum in this message board. I must have at least 15 posts on the topic. I’ve given it a fair chance. I learned a bunch more about how the tax code works. I’ve admitted that it disproportionately benefits me. I shared my cognitive dissonance about it benefitting me and possibly being a straight up wash for the average Joe. Too often, we be felt like one in a minority on this board that did more analysis on this than, “who doesn’t like tax cuts?” Many of us are eager to make the same mistakes that we’ve made in the recent past in this country.

Perhaps it’ll give you some insight that this is a tax cut worth 10s of thousands to me. It’ll be a few hundred for most people. That’s why i lean against it. It just seems unfair.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I have noticed Trump in the past few days has been behaving a bit better and I think it  is because he is about to finally get something passed.

If the economy keeps improving people will bitch less and less. Trump still has a long way to go but needs to build on this momentum. There are rumors he is going to give amnesty to the dreamers as well.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I have noticed Trump in the past few days has been behaving a bit better and I think it  is because he is about to finally get something passed.

If the economy keeps improving people will bitch less and less. Trump still has a long way to go but needs to build on this momentum. There are rumors he is going to give amnesty to the dreamers as well.

If they give amnesty without visa reform and security at the border, he’s toast. It’s the whole reason he was elected.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If they give amnesty without visa reform and security at the border, he’s toast. It’s the whole reason he was elected.

I think he is gonna get a deal. I think he wins on the lottery and chain migration and gives them amnesty. Supporting the dreamers helps the Repubs for 2018.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I think he is gonna get a deal. I think he wins on the lottery and chain migration and gives them amnesty. Supporting the dreamers helps the Repubs for 2018.

This is the fair deal they should make. Though I really wish they’d push E-Verify into the deal. But I read months ago Ryan knew that was DOA.

Visa reform. Chain migration. And a beefed up ICE department. Maybe even allocate more immigration judges for 10 years, giving thousands of lawyers federal jobs and really diversifying the judge pool. Then amnesty for those who speak English, remain employed and crime free with an extra 5-10% tax on their income for 5 years or so. It’s humane, fair and does something for the immigrants who really want to be part of society.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Now this is an issue i couldn’t care less about.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Trump and his state TV channel have gone full nuclear the last few days. Zeroing in on Mueller. The GOP has joined in and now want to investigate the FBI.

Aside from the fact that this is completely ridiculous, we must look at the history here. Preceding every indictment or witness deal/guilty plea team Trump went on the offensive. It's quite clear they're in attack mode this last week, full throttle. They're not doing this out of the blue.

So that begs the question: Is somebody going down this week? If so, who? Kushner?

Randall Flagg

“Anything that goes against my conspiracies is ridiculous. Only follow the conspiracies I like. I’ll just hand waive anything else.  Evidence is for suckers. How do I know there’s nothing there?  Samantha Bee told me. Am I supposed to do a little reading before I make claims? Why yes I have a subscription to the National Enquirer, why do you ask?”- the conspiracy poster

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Trump and his state TV channel have gone full nuclear the last few days. Zeroing in on Mueller. The GOP has joined in and now want to investigate the FBI.

Aside from the fact that this is completely ridiculous, we must look at the history here. Preceding every indictment or witness deal/guilty plea team Trump went on the offensive. It's quite clear they're in attack mode this last week, full throttle. They're not doing this out of the blue.

So that begs the question: Is somebody going down this week? If so, who? Kushner?

I woke up in the middle of the night & put on the radio, it was about 4 or 5am Sunday. Talk radio, was a right leaning syndicated show (far right, I forget its name).  They were noticably all in on the Mueller shut down/firing. Saying it needs to be done etc. Seemed pretty fabricated. Came off more like a pre recorded scripted show, kinda like those direct response infomercials, not like Hannity or Mark Levin type call in.

Anyway yeah I definitely felt they were setting the tone for it. Surely with Trump now saying "No" to firing Mueller that changes things. Only thing I could think of is if they put out another group of texts emails with info & Trump says "Ok, well now thats it. I'll end this now".

Interesting thought though, about something going down this week. I bet your right, it could be Kushner.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

* I looked it up on the radio channels website. Pretty sure it was Townhall Review.  Here's a link to it, has a podcast/soundcloud link of the show, doubt anyone wants to bother listening to it but if you wanna skip thru it or read the recap.

http://townhallreview.com/2017/12/fbi-emails-matter/

Board footer