You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

I think I’m starting to see some of the backlash some of you predicted regarding women crying sexual assault. Men seem particularly pissed off and letting people know it in comment sections of articles regarding women and alleged accusations.

This is one issue i do break with the Dems...mostly because I’ve seen how unaccountable and ruthless some women have been. In addition, women don’t seem at all concerned about men being on the receiving end of sexual abuse or assault.

It’s not about supporting and empowering anyone in this situation right now...it’s just women supporting women.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I think I’m starting to see some of the backlash some of you predicted regarding women crying sexual assault. Men seem particularly pissed off and letting people know it in comment sections of articles regarding women and alleged accusations.

This is one issue i do break with the Dems...mostly because I’ve seen how unaccountable and ruthless some women have been. In addition, women don’t seem at all concerned about men being on the receiving end of sexual abuse or assault.

It’s not about supporting and empowering anyone in this situation right now...it’s just women supporting women.

Yep, they are playing poker with a weak and are going all in. Their goal seems to be to rule the world. Look at the latest Star Wars or Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead and all the girl power shit coupled with the Me Too movement.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Pence would be miles worse.  Trump is an idiot, but he's a realist (from a high level at least). 

I personally don't think some of you give Trump enough credit.  He says a LOT of stupid things, but things overall are going pretty well and nothing horrific has been or appears to be about to be passed.  Personally (and I know I said this while they were campaigning) I think you guys worry way too much about who has the title and completely ignore who actually has the power.  Obama was a great speaker, but lets not pretend he was some fantastic President.  He accomplished next to nothing other than managing to make healthcare worse (which I said at the time and still believe was the goal).  Yes, the economy got better, but it was going to get better anyway.  That's how it always goes.  At some point things will go south again...that's just normal. 

It's been a year and none of the catastrophic events you all predicted have happened.  There is no wall.  The economy is ticking along.  Abortion isn't illegal.  Really nothing has changed in a year.  That's how things work.  We go back and forth, but we never get to either extreme...and if we ever do get to either extreme, THAT is when things will get interesting.  All of this is just a sideshow.  I don't understand all the hubbub.  Hes a creep.  He has flaws like all of us do.  He lacks a filter.  I find all of that a little refreshing.  I'd always rather know where I stand than have to guess where I stand.  Dude's an entertainer and he has the focus on him.  On some levels, it's brilliant.

He's an idiot. Credit? The reason he hasn't passed his agenda was because it was either unrealistic or Republicans stopped him because he's such an idiot. What has he accomplished? There's nothing brilliant about a clusterfuck.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Not just that, women are getting suspended on Twitter for their man-hating tweets that are pretty over the top. There's now a push for social media to stop protecting straight white men from threats, verbal abuse and hate speech.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Moore losing was a GOOD thing for Trump.

I don't think the Amtrak train crash was an accident.  I think an obstruction was put on the tracks.

He supported an accused, pedophile, known racist and anti democracy zealot. There is no silver lining. You can't shine shit. To go further, he supported two different candidates for the same seat and they both lost. It was not a good week.

If the reports are right and the FBI and CIA told the Trump campaign in '16 that Russia was trying to infiltrate his campaign and to tell them if Russia ever tries to establish contact with them and they don't, but meet them to try and get info... That's collusion and Hillary should challenge the election. Another reason I'm leaning towards that scenario, Muller is investigating Jill Stein now. Something's up.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-set-roll … 58348.html

Can we call this a bipartisan bill or claim Republicans took Democratic ideas now?

"Democrats, who were excluded from the closed-door drafting sessions, have kept up a litany of criticism that the legislation favors big corporations and the wealthy, snubbing the middle class. Though several Democratic lawmakers took part in the House-Senate conference that blended the two bills, none signed the final bill."

If that logic works for blaming the shit show that is Obamacare, it certainly works for this tax bill.  Let's see who's consistent and who isn't.  Me, this is an entirely Republican bill.  Just as the ACA was entirely Democratic.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Pence would be miles worse.  Trump is an idiot, but he's a realist (from a high level at least). 

I personally don't think some of you give Trump enough credit.  He says a LOT of stupid things, but things overall are going pretty well and nothing horrific has been or appears to be about to be passed.  Personally (and I know I said this while they were campaigning) I think you guys worry way too much about who has the title and completely ignore who actually has the power.  Obama was a great speaker, but lets not pretend he was some fantastic President.  He accomplished next to nothing other than managing to make healthcare worse (which I said at the time and still believe was the goal).  Yes, the economy got better, but it was going to get better anyway.  That's how it always goes.  At some point things will go south again...that's just normal. 

It's been a year and none of the catastrophic events you all predicted have happened.  There is no wall.  The economy is ticking along.  Abortion isn't illegal.  Really nothing has changed in a year.  That's how things work.  We go back and forth, but we never get to either extreme...and if we ever do get to either extreme, THAT is when things will get interesting.  All of this is just a sideshow.  I don't understand all the hubbub.  Hes a creep.  He has flaws like all of us do.  He lacks a filter.  I find all of that a little refreshing.  I'd always rather know where I stand than have to guess where I stand.  Dude's an entertainer and he has the focus on him.  On some levels, it's brilliant.

He's an idiot. Credit? The reason he hasn't passed his agenda was because it was either unrealistic or Republicans stopped him because he's such an idiot. What has he accomplished? There's nothing brilliant about a clusterfuck.

The fact that people like you believe that is precisely what makes it brilliant. You keep focusing on the circus...

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The fact that people like you believe that is precisely what makes it brilliant. You keep focusing on the circus...

You’re saying he’s a giant gapping asshole on purpose so we all concentrate on him being a gapping asshole?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Sorry, but this is an extremely hypocritical & partisan post. The economy has been improving for about 6 or 7 years, and realistically has been doing great for about 3-4. This, after the economy was definitely the worst of our lifetimes. To say "Obama, mehhh, it would have gotten better anyway with or without him' but then to say Trumps "doing great, the economy's doing really well". The economy has just been on a positive trajectory for years. It'd be like if Bill Belicheck retired & his replacement had a good season, to say "Mehhh, Bill Belicheck wasn't all that. The new guy went 11-5 too".

Do you know the stock market has been hitting record highs since February 2013? But you all were willing to vote Obama out.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You’re saying he’s a giant gapping asshole on purpose so we all concentrate on him being a gapping asshole?

You can call him whatever you want to call him. While you're focused on calling him names, the rest of the world keeps spinning.  Other than the circus, which doesn't really matter at all, everything is pretty peachy. 

You guys are essentially attacking him for being a more outgoing and less eloquent speaking Bill Clinton.  Clinton is by far my favorite democratic president of the last 40 years and maybe #2 overall for me behind Reagan, so I'm not bashing the guy.  The dems absolutely loved Trump when he was giving them money left and right.  There's that picture with Sharpton and Jesse Jackson (I think that's who it was) all being friendly, yet Trump is now a racist because he's not giving you guys money anymore?  Hes now a sexist pig even though most of those things were done when he was funding dems?  The whole thing is a joke and it's on you.  It's because of people like you that Trump is the president.  The dems put the country in a position where this could happen by overplaying the politically correct liberal agenda.  It's not because of the KKK or anything else...it's because of you.  If you don't change the approach, it's going to happen again in 2020 whether it's Trump or someone else. 

If your platform is so good for everybody, why do the dems not win every election?  Why do they need the dreamers to boost their voting population?  If you guys had just a little bit of common sense, you'd NEVER lose a national election.  People in general are for helping people that actually need help.  People in general are for people having access to healthcare.  People in general are for legal immigration.  What people in general want is quite simple: they want all those things without any of those things having a negative impact on them.  Helping those that need help is great until people start abusing the system and negatively impacting people through higher taxes.  Healthcare access is great until it starts impacting their access to AFFORDABLE healthcare.  Legal immigration is fine as long as those people aren't taking their jobs away.  At the end of the day, people are selfish.  That's just the way it is.  Do what you want as long as it doesn't impact me.  If it does though, watch out.

Board footer