You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

They could have done it before. They didn't need an incentive. It was literally a drop in the bucket. It's bullshit. How about increasing salaries?

They didn’t have to do fuck. Their obligation is to shareholders. This is not BAD NEWS. Jesus Christ.

Their obligation is to their country that made their existence possible. To pay for their tax cut THEY DIDN'T NEED they'll be going after programs that hurt the poor and working class in THIS country. Fuck them. Fuck them in their ear. It's a gesture to help their monopoly, like Boeing wants to keep those military contracts.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

They didn’t have to do fuck. Their obligation is to shareholders. This is not BAD NEWS. Jesus Christ.

I’m skeptical of the timing and hidden agenda. Here...have a $1,000 bonus now but we’re taking away more than $1,000 somewhere else.

It’s like...hey everyone...thanks for the billion dollar tax cut!! Here are some bread crumbs to appease the masses.

Maybe next time they volunteer not to give any money since this came across as such an evil Fucking gesture.  You guys are all about giving money to the middle class. AT&T does it (even if there is a hidden agenda) and YOU STILL FUCKING BITCH. JESUS CHRIST!!!

They didn't NEED a tax cut to do this. It's an empty gesture. 

Hey guys, we did what we were supposed to do, and we only needed a working class hot poker to the ass to give us MORE money to do it. How about a cookie for the nice guys!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I’m skeptical of the timing and hidden agenda. Here...have a $1,000 bonus now but we’re taking away more than $1,000 somewhere else.

It’s like...hey everyone...thanks for the billion dollar tax cut!! Here are some bread crumbs to appease the masses.

Maybe next time they volunteer not to give any money since this came across as such an evil Fucking gesture.  You guys are all about giving money to the middle class. AT&T does it (even if there is a hidden agenda) and YOU STILL FUCKING BITCH. JESUS CHRIST!!!

Hey guys, we did what we were supposed to do, and we only needed a working class hot poker to the ass to give us MORE money to do it. How about a cookie for the nice guys!

How much money are you receiving?  How much are Mitch and SLC going to give to their employees?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Your can’t win with you guys. Middle class folks getting some money and you bitch they didn’t do it sooner etc. How about being happy for the employees.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

How much money are you receiving?  How much are Mitch and SLC going to give to their employees?

In an industry where employees are paid between 12 and $15 an hour I have been consistently paying my employees a minimum of $17 per hour all the way up to $25 per hour. I was already doing my share way before Republicans and giant corporations decided the tax cuts were a reason to give up crumbs to employees.

The difference between you and me is that I will never trust the richest people in this country to do the right thing unless there something in it for them. I do not believe these $1000  tax bonuses are anything but a paltry attempt at say, “ hey see what happens when the government cuts my taxes? I give you crumbs”

And in this tax cut the richest people in this country are getting tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars in tax cuts. In response to that they’ve given out $1000 per bonuses. Pardon me if I’m not moved to tears.

Finally, I don’t get it. I have paid my taxes for the year 2017 under the 2017 rules. These tax cuts don’t take affect until January 1 going forward. Why give the tax cuts now?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

In an industry where employees are paid between 12 and $15 an hour I have been consistently paying my employees a minimum of $17 per hour all the way up to $25 per hour. I was already doing my share way before Republicans and giant corporations decided the tax cuts were a reason to give up crumbs to employees.

The difference between you and me is that I will never trust the richest people in this country to do the right thing unless there something in it for them. I do not believe these $1000  tax bonuses are anything but a paltry attempt at say, “ hey see what happens when the government cuts my taxes? I give you crumbs”

And in this tax cut the richest people in this country are getting tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars in tax cuts. In response to that they’ve given out $1000 per bonuses. Pardon me if I’m not moved to tears.

Finally, I don’t get it. I have paid my taxes for the year 2017 under the 2017 rules. These tax cuts don’t take affect until January 1 going forward. Why give the tax cuts now?

So how much of the taxes you’re going to save in 2018 will go to your employees?

You don’t need to answer because it’s none of my fucking business what you do with your money. But unless you believe you’re exceptional, what you do is probably what a lot of other business owners do.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Mitch, they are paying $200,000,000 in bonuses. You act like it is $20,000.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So how much of the taxes you’re going to save in 2018 will go to your employees?

You don’t need to answer because it’s none of my fucking business what you do with your money. But unless you believe you’re exceptional, what you do is probably what a lot of other business owners do.

I'll be as open as a can answering that question when the time comes...I keep seeing contradicting info on what the new tax rate will be for LLCs which are considered a 'pass-through' entity...not a corporation per say. In other words, I'm not longer exactly sure how this will affect me. If anyone has a good source on this, I would love to see it. There's been some amount of changing of the terms going on so when I finally fully understand the consequences of the new tax code, I'll be as forthcoming as I can be without literally giving you my Tax ID/EIN number.

Still...I'm not using the 2018 tax code to determine how I deal with revenue in 2017. Why are companies like AT&T doling out bonuses before these new rules take effect? The day the Senate and House pass these bills and it becomes all but law, that's the day these big companies doll out bonuses....it seems contrived and politically motivated. Especially when you take into consideration that their 2017 company revenue will not be affected by this tax code change.

In other words, it's like ID says....they could've done this all along because they're choosing to do it under the OLD tax code. They just chose not to until yesterday....I think you get the point. I think the coincidence is just too curious not to consider.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I thought it was $1k per person.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I thought it was $1k per person.

For 200,000 employees.

Board footer