You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I admitted I was wrong because I didn't think Wall Street would be this invested in Trump and he would be so reciprocal. Boy was I wrong! That bitch is a HUGE whore. That's who the tax cut was for. And you're lying that I'm rooting for any doom or gloom. I want him to do well, I've said before I wish he'd use his power for good. You're too obsessed with inflating your ego on some childish trip about being right or smart, or whatever your issue is.

I don't have to be obsessed with being right; it just happens.  Go back and read through the whole thread...there's a lot of right and very little wrong coming from me.  It just is what it is.

He IS using his power for good; you just don't like the good he's doing.  That's your right, but you can't dismiss it as bad just because it's not your thing.  As I told mitch, the game is the same, but different people are being rewarded. 

In all the cases, it's not the middle class getting the rewards btw.  We do okay with the tax cuts and we survive with the democratic spending, but the reality is the dems are propping up the poor and the republicans are propping up business and the rich.  Neither of them really care about the middle class, which is why the middle class keeps shrinking regardless of who is in charge.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I admitted I was wrong because I didn't think Wall Street would be this invested in Trump and he would be so reciprocal. Boy was I wrong! That bitch is a HUGE whore. That's who the tax cut was for. And you're lying that I'm rooting for any doom or gloom. I want him to do well, I've said before I wish he'd use his power for good. You're too obsessed with inflating your ego on some childish trip about being right or smart, or whatever your issue is.

I don't have to be obsessed with being right; it just happens.  Go back and read through the whole thread...there's a lot of right and very little wrong coming from me.  It just is what it is.

He IS using his power for good; you just don't like the good he's doing.  That's your right, but you can't dismiss it as bad just because it's not your thing.  As I told mitch, the game is the same, but different people are being rewarded. 

In all the cases, it's not the middle class getting the rewards btw.  We do okay with the tax cuts and we survive with the democratic spending, but the reality is the dems are propping up the poor and the republicans are propping up business and the rich.  Neither of them really care about the middle class, which is why the middle class keeps shrinking regardless of who is in charge.

Humor me...what would a good proposal be for the middle class to grow and sustain?

I’ll agree with you...nothings ever done for the middle class. I can’t say i remember anyone campaigning on proposals for the middle class.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://twitter.com/DRUDGE/status/946392234403991552

Obama and Trump have the same approval rating after their first year.

The only poll that matters right?

I don’t give a hoot about polls, but yes. It’s the most reliable and accurate.

They look at likely voters where others pick anyone or registered voters. I value the opinions of those who intend to participate in our democracy over those who can’t find the time to vote.

In a country where about as many people vote as those who do not, it seems the only thing that gets non-voters engaged is dislike for the establishment.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Currently, Trump’s average approval rating sits at 39.3 percent with 56.2 percent disapproving, according to RealClearPolitics’ composite. The average has climbed of late with many polls showing ratings above of 41 percent or higher, like NBC News/Wall Street Journal (41 percent), The Economist/YouGov (43 percent) and the Harvard-Harris poll (41 percent).

Trumps approval seems to be rising across all polls...

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Humor me...what would a good proposal be for the middle class to grow and sustain?

I’ll agree with you...nothings ever done for the middle class. I can’t say i remember anyone campaigning on proposals for the middle class.

I'm not sure.  I don't pretend to have all of the answers.  My bigger picture belief is that a more balanced approach would benefit everyone and this pandering to the extremes is creating some of the pressure on the middle class. The middle class today isn't factory workers like it was when I was young.  They are now the working poor.  Today it is professionals and technology dominates it in some form or another.   

Democratic policies have resulted in a growing lower and lower-middle class.  It's what they want...more people depending on them rather than making a life on their own.  That's bad for the country as a whole.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

A bombshell report from the NYT about Trump team's collusion with Russia months prior to the election. This is bigger than Flynn's plea deal IMO.

Key points:

Papadopoulos bragged to an Australian diplomat that he had dirt on Hillary via the Russians committing computer theft.

The Australians were so alarmed, unlike the GOP, they notifed American intelligence agencies immediately.

Because of this report, the FBI began an investiation into Trump and his campaign months before the election.

Trump and his defenders have always claimed the entire investigation was based on the dossier. This has now been proven false.

Remember-as far back as April of last year we knew several countries: UK, Germany, France, Estonia, Poland etc had come across Trump/Russia contacts and told American intelligence about it.

Leading up to the election, the FBI chose to keep the investigation quiet and not let the American public know. The same FBI that Trump claims is against him and "bias" now.

Papadopoulos also coauthored an April speech where Trump signaled a much softer position towards Russia.

It also now makes sense why Trump was so rude to the prime minister of Australia.

Trump team now claiming Papadopoulos was just a "coffee boy" which clearly after this report, is pretty much impossible to accept.

Expect GOP faithful to poo poo this. Ignore them and how they will try to muddy this up. This is another big deal. Story below.

How the Russia Inquiry Began: A Campaign Aide, Drinks and Talk of Political Dirt

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/30/us/p … oulos.html

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

So this is a big deal, but the Clinton ties to Russia aren't? 

This is why I don't really care about it...not because I supposedly support the GOP or whatever other excuse you want to make for this being an issue for Trump but not for Clinton.  If you think they both didn't have ties to Russia, you're not even trying to be objective.  I didn't vote for either of them and voted for a pot head because I wanted nothing to do with either of them and I was hoping that a third party (however unqualified) could get 5% when the biggest losers ever were running for the major parties and make things better for everybody in the future (how's that for a run-on sentence???). 

That's the one thing I did get wrong...I had too much faith that the people would be smarter than this.  My bad for giving people too much credit.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This Russia shit is so tired.  Trump has been in office almost a year and Russia hasn't invaded the US yet... Lol.. Its is ridiculous.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This Russia shit is so tired.  Trump has been in office almost a year and Russia hasn't invaded the US yet... Lol.. Its is ridiculous.

These things take time SG!  Obviously it doesn’t take time for the conspiracy inclined to be convinced, but it takes time to find one credible piece of evidence that would hold up to a grand jury. You’d think something so many Democrats are convinced of would have at least some evidence of a single person working with Russian intel.

We can find correspondence between Jr and Wikileaks. We know the FBI tapped several people in Trump’s campaign. But apparently Trump and his associates are simultaneously the biggest dipshits in the world and capable of crazy encrypted conversations that not even the NSA can locate.

It takes time!  Manafort and Flynn are guilty. Flynn even admitted guilt. Guilty of shit completely unrelated to Russia collusion, but who needs context and coherence when you have an axe to grind?

It doesn’t matter that Trump is somehow a neo Nazi while also being a Zionist. It doesn’t matter that Trump has armed Ukrainian rebels and worked against Putin in nearly every foreign policy endeavor. It doesn’t matter that the impeach crowd can’t point to one thing Trump has done as Putin’s crony. We just know he was a stooge and cheated because there’s no way someone couldn’t want another Democrat preaching amnesty and identity politics.

When you have conspiracy clairvoyance at Alex Jones level, you don’t need any time to digest reports and research the facts. You just know and every article has a kernel of knowledge that validates what most psychologist would consider an unhealthy obsession. But for those that lack divine knowledge, it takes time!  That time being however long it takes to find any wrongdoing whatsoever because you’re the embodiment of the obstructionism you accused the GOP of being for not being a rubber stamp. Elections have consequences, but only if your team wins.

It takes time!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I don’t believe that you three would care only under this exact circumstance.

Board footer