You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Over all, most Americans lives are okay and or getting better but Trump is so hated, nobody notices.

Just saw this years Flu season is 3x's worse than last year big_smile . Something like 40,000 cases vs 13,000, and its an outburst in 46 states vs 13. Oh and there's Trump royally fucking up North Korea, but hopefully South Korea will come to Americans aid & resolve it. Thanks S.K.

Although, I suppose none of this is Trumps fault but the Dow Jones continued increase since the Obama years is entirely due to Trump.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

We're blaming Trump for the flu now?  I suppose AIDS was Reagan's fault...

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Doing something different with NK was a must.  The Obama policy didn't exactly slow them down either.  There's no book on how to handle crazy dictators. Sometimes you just have to try things and see what happens. I'd prefer just wiping them out quickly or ignoring them completely, but I lean towards being an isolationist until there's no option other than getting involved. Once you're involved though, no pussy stuff. Swift and complete destruction. I'd rather the collateral damage be on their side than mine.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

We're blaming Trump for the flu now?  I suppose AIDS was Reagan's fault...

Only if you're crediting Trump for the continued rise in the stock market that's been going on since 2011?  And after all, it's not how you start, it's how you finish. Just ask George HW. And the (ineffective) flu shot would be under the directive of HHS, wouldn't it? Tom Price was the shortest tenured HHS secretary, making him probably the worst of all time.

Fact: The market rose a higher percentage under Obama's 1st year than Trumps.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Desperation doesn't look good on you.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Desperation doesn't look good on you.

Repeating for truth. Care to debunk?

Fact: The market rose a higher percentage under Obama's 1st year than Trumps.

Otherwise, please admit the the stock market did "Great" under Obama. Thx.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Didn't even get that far.  You discredited your entire post with the beginning.

I'm not an Obama basher, so you're barking up the wrong tree.  He fucked up healthcare. That's his legacy and he deserves every criticism he gets for it.  He overstepped his bounds with illegal executive orders. Beyond that he was just okay, but that's two pretty big black marks no pun intended. 

The economy was already headed towards recovery when he took office.  The economy is always cyclical. He did some things to help it along for sure, but let's not pretend he saved it singlehandedly.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Climate change is a joke.  The climate has always been changing...long before man was here.  So of course climate change is real, but the question nobody can answer is how much of it is man made.  People(scientists) throw out hypothesis after hypothesis as fact while quoting scientific research, but do they have a control planet earth somewhere?  The real scientific answer is they don't know, but that doesn't get them more research money.

I believe climate change is real.  I believe man has some level of impact on it.  I also believe scientists have inflated that amount of impact to keep themselves employed.  Every ridiculous prediction has been exaggerated, and often grossly so.  They fall back on inexact science every time it doesn't happen, yet every prediction is still doom and gloom.  They created the doubters themselves and even if you don't believe that they have certainly given them ammunition.

Whether you believe climate change is occurring or whether you think man is causing sort of misses the point form me.

Whatever happened to being responsible and taking care of your shit instead of dumping toxic materials into lakes, oceans, rivers, sewers because you don't care about poor people? To me, the anti-climate change folk go one step farther than what you're describing here. They intentionally shit on their surroundings because they don't like anyone telling them what to do...especially Obama.

People are intentionally trying to add pollutants and toxins into the environment and then saying, 'see...nothing happened' because the effects aren't immediate.

It's really this simple....if CFC's accelerate climate change and humans are everyday putting more and more CFCs into the environment...that should concern everyone.

What about any of this is a hoax?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not an Obama basher, so you're barking up the wrong tree.  He fucked up healthcare. That's his legacy and he deserves every criticism he gets for it.

That's easy to say when American's haven't had to worry about pre-existing conditions for 6-7 years. Let's wait until they come back & people 50+ start getting denied for healthcare all over again. 22

And the Dow Jan 08, 12,600. The Dow Obama took office 7,949. Yeah, it was headed for recovery. It actually crashed lower by February to 7,000 & republicans were celebrating Obama a failure as a result. Guess they want it both ways. Oh, and the Americans auto industry was hemmoraging as well.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Climate change is a joke.  The climate has always been changing...long before man was here.  So of course climate change is real, but the question nobody can answer is how much of it is man made.  People(scientists) throw out hypothesis after hypothesis as fact while quoting scientific research, but do they have a control planet earth somewhere?  The real scientific answer is they don't know, but that doesn't get them more research money.

I believe climate change is real.  I believe man has some level of impact on it.  I also believe scientists have inflated that amount of impact to keep themselves employed.  Every ridiculous prediction has been exaggerated, and often grossly so.  They fall back on inexact science every time it doesn't happen, yet every prediction is still doom and gloom.  They created the doubters themselves and even if you don't believe that they have certainly given them ammunition.

Whether you believe climate change is occurring or whether you think man is causing sort of misses the point form me.

Whatever happened to being responsible and taking care of your shit instead of dumping toxic materials into lakes, oceans, rivers, sewers because you don't care about poor people? To me, the anti-climate change folk go one step farther than what you're describing here. They intentionally shit on their surroundings because they don't like anyone telling them what to do...especially Obama.

People are intentionally trying to add pollutants and toxins into the environment and then saying, 'see...nothing happened' because the effects aren't immediate.

It's really this simple....if CFC's accelerate climate change and humans are everyday putting more and more CFCs into the environment...that should concern everyone.

What about any of this is a hoax?

Who the fuck is intentionally trying to add pollutants and toxins into the environment for shits and grins?  Who is trying to "[dump] toxic materials into lakes, oceans, rivers, sewers because [they] don't care about poor people?"  I grew up in the heart of Appalachia no more than 200 yards from the Ohio River.  The heart of steel and coal country.  The area that loved both Bill Clinton and Donald Trump.  No one there wanted shit dumped in their rivers or creeks (you pronounce it "crick") and besides the occasional sewage overflow, nothing was dumped in to our water systems. 

You guys act like there's a segment of society that wants dirty air and smog (like LA has, their hypocrisy knows no bounds).  That's just not true.  Coal miners who have mortgages and families to feed just don't want unnecessary and unrealistic EPA restrictions thrown on that result in them losing their job so some yuppie in Vermont can feel better.  I'm all for cleaner energy.  I fully support nuclear.  But if you don't see the problem of coal miners and their kind being upset that Obama and Clinton want to ruin them while catering to illegal immigrants who aren't even Americans, you miss the point of why this region voted Trump. 

People want clean air.  They just don't want knee-jerk policies that make coastal elites feel good while fucking over hundreds of thousands who bust their ass to make urban living a reality.

Board footer