You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not an Obama basher, so you're barking up the wrong tree.  He fucked up healthcare. That's his legacy and he deserves every criticism he gets for it.

That's easy to say when American's haven't had to worry about pre-existing conditions for 6-7 years. Let's wait until they come back & people 50+ start getting denied for healthcare all over again. 22

And the Dow Jan 08, 12,600. The Dow Obama took office 7,949. Yeah, it was headed for recovery. It actually crashed lower by February to 7,000 & republicans were celebrating Obama a failure as a result. Guess they want it both ways. Oh, and the Americans auto industry was hemmoraging as well.

Have pre-existing conditions been removed?  Has Trump said he wants to remove them?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Didn't even get that far.  You discredited your entire post with the beginning.

I'm not an Obama basher, so you're barking up the wrong tree.

You bash him constantly...you're doing it in this very post.

He fucked up healthcare. That's his legacy and he deserves every criticism he gets for it.

I disagree...as someone who is healthy (I'm guessing) you might see it as a failure...but I know people who are now getting much better healthcare that actually needs it. But being that you seem to lean conservative, I'm guessing you lack a lot of empathy toward anyone outside the of 6 inches surrounding you.

He overstepped his bounds with illegal executive orders.

Again, for the millionth time...he did this because Republicans were obstructionist and unwilling to cooperate with anything that he did for 6 fucking years. You seem oh so forgiving of this...there were so many things that needed to be worked on and McConnell and Ryan threw a temper tantrum for 6 years. For somebody so 'balanced' about politics, you sure don't seem to acknowledge the situation that created the EOs.

Beyond that he was just okay, but that's two pretty big black marks no pun intended.

I disagree whole heartily...he was articulate, represented us with much more decorum and I am still in favor of the ACA. Trump has significantly lowered our standing with almost all other nations around the world based on every survey and poll I've looked it....and it's by a large margin. To me (and to everyone else in the world) Trump is just throwing his weight around but I think he's finding out that the US has a bit less weight to throw around than he may have thought.

But again, with you, and your ilk...it's like you're memory only starts about a year ago.
anything you don't like is dubbed 'fake news.' No credit should ever be given to Obama but you want every little thing Trump does to be acknowledged and praised. Not his tweets or his stupidly in public per say....but many you keep harping on the stock market and jobs (even when it's proven Obama was setting much better marks in both categories in certain points during his presidency).

Trump doesn't get along with anyone...throws people to the curb constantly...almost everyone hates working with him or for him...and have no problem saying so eventually.

He's a man with no ethics or moral compass and for that he will always be inferior to Obama or Reagan or even Jimmy Carter for that matter. He's on a level with Nixon now. But Nixon won a second term with around 400 EVs....so what does that say about the American people?

The economy was already headed towards recovery when he took office.  The economy is always cyclical. He did some things to help it along for sure, but let's not pretend he saved it singlehandedly.

The economy was recovering when Obama was elected? Jesus fucking christ....are you for real? So much revisionist history.

I'll say this...if what you are saying is true...there never would've been an Obama. John McCain would've been president for 8 years.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

The economy was recovering when Obama was elected? Jesus fucking christ....are you for real? So much revisionist history.

I know, I like how 'The economy was already improving" when in truth his Republican opponent offered to 'postpone their campaigns' in October 2016, less than 30 days before election day, as a result of the economy being so terrible. 

Yeah, it was 'improving' lol.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not an Obama basher, so you're barking up the wrong tree.  He fucked up healthcare. That's his legacy and he deserves every criticism he gets for it.

That's easy to say when American's haven't had to worry about pre-existing conditions for 6-7 years. Let's wait until they come back & people 50+ start getting denied for healthcare all over again. 22

And the Dow Jan 08, 12,600. The Dow Obama took office 7,949. Yeah, it was headed for recovery. It actually crashed lower by February to 7,000 & republicans were celebrating Obama a failure as a result. Guess they want it both ways. Oh, and the Americans auto industry was hemmoraging as well.

Have pre-existing conditions been removed?  Has Trump said he wants to remove them?

Without the mandate there can't be the pre-existing conditions clause. Otherwise idiots will just not pay for healthcare until they get sick, then once they get sick they'll sign up for healthcare once they come down with something serious. It's the same with car insurance, you don't not get car insurance, then once you get into a car accident sign up for it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Without the mandate there can't be the pre-existing conditions clause. Otherwise idiots will just not pay for healthcare until they get sick, then once they get sick they'll sign up for healthcare once they come down with something serious. It's the same with car insurance, you don't not get car insurance, then once you get into a car accident sign up for it.

You are talking about the biggest flaw of healthcare now...I've heard of people paying for 3 months of premium health insurance to have a very serious operation and then they just stop paying for it as soon as they get what they want....now that's some BS

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Stock market rose under obama

Stock market is skyrocketing under trump. Even libs give Trump credit for the record increase. Up like 8,000 points under trump. In one year. OBama was up 9,000 points over 8 years

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump promised tax breaks and deregulation and that boosted the market. That is a fact.

However the markets and Presidents usually have nothing to do with anything. The fed and confidence etc does. Uncertainty and emotions are huge factors. Just like the recession wasn’t Bush’s fault the rise of the market wasn’t due to Obama policy. BUT, this past year’s rise had a lot to do with trump. That can’t be denied.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The economy wasn’t improving when Obama was elected. The worldwide stock market crash was Oct. 3, 2008.

In fact, in an unprecedented move, George W. and Obama somewhat cooperated on the bailout plan that was completed in January before Obama took office. The automakers specifically were near death in December 2008.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Just like the recession wasn’t Bush’s fault the rise of the market wasn’t due to Obama policy. BUT, this past year’s rise had a lot to do with trump. That can’t be denied.

This is fantastic thinking.

The Great Recession at the end of 8 years of Bush administration policy was not Bush’s fault.

The 8 years of growth and recovery during Obama’s presidency had nothing to do with Obama.

But the stock market rise in the past 10 months (after 8 years of Obama policy — which Obama’s fiscal year didn’t even end until midway through 2017) has everything to do with Trump. He should be credited with the slowdown in job gains this year, too, then, under this scenario.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Didn't even get that far.  You discredited your entire post with the beginning.

I'm not an Obama basher, so you're barking up the wrong tree.

You bash him constantly...you're doing it in this very post.

He fucked up healthcare. That's his legacy and he deserves every criticism he gets for it.

I disagree...as someone who is healthy (I'm guessing) you might see it as a failure...but I know people who are now getting much better healthcare that actually needs it. But being that you seem to lean conservative, I'm guessing you lack a lot of empathy toward anyone outside the of 6 inches surrounding you.

Relatively healthy I suppose, but far from healthy.  Wife is a diabetic.  I work in the industry as well and have for about 10 years now.  I know more than most about it.  The problem is that ACA didn't work at all.  It is a failure because it was designed to be a failure so they could get single-payer.  Oops.  That didn't work, did it?  You are close to right...I have a lot of empathy, but very little sympathy.  There's a difference between the two. I feel for people in tough situations, but that doesn't mean I have to support them forever either. Take some responsibility for yourself.

See, the problem is nobody except the sick signed up.  That is unsustainable.  He fucked up healthcare on purpose, but instead of getting what he wanted, the end result was the backlash that contributed to Trump being elected.  It's not bashing when you're telling it like it is.  Bashing is what you guys do to Trump...everything is going along just fine, but you bash the fuck out of him because you feel like it.  No rhyme, no reason.

You're probably right on the economy.  I was thinking backwards...Clinton destroyed the economy by creating the conditions that led to the housing and .com bubbles and when they burst (as they were going to because the math didn't work) everyone blamed Bush.  The damage was done already.  Same thing would have happened with healthcare...build this unsustainable platform (whether it's healthcare, bad lending practices, etc) and act surprised when shit falls apart.  In many ways Clinton is lucky she didn't win, because the economy would have been crushed under the weight of the healthcare burden alone and she would have taken the hit for it.  Really we're all lucky.  Instead of being pissed at Trump you guys should be thanking your lucky stars...at least we have a chance this way...

Board footer