You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I don't think it's a 'Filibuster'. They NEED 60 votes, so Republicans HAVE to make some sacrifices to get the 9 extra votes. You just don't demand what you want and make others vote with you. That's not how it works that's not how it ever worked.

A filibuster I believe is when the votes are there, but someone speaks indefinitely on the floor (days) so no vote can ever be taken or the weekend comes etc.

You need 60 votes to end a filibuster. That’s why it’s the magic number. Remove it and you just need 50 + Pence. I’m not advocating for it, but if Democrats don’t budge, the GOP will use it. The fallout for removing the filibuster is far less than the fall out for voting in favor of foreigners over Americans. This is a collossal fuck up for the Dems.

You're right, it was a 'filibuster'. Guess CNN isn't always 'fake news'. cool

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/21/politics/ … index.html

Strongly opposed to this course of action. The filibuster is sacred.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think it's bad on both sides now. Public opinion outside the hardcores is minimal. My FB friends seems mostly indiferent & nonposting outside a small few. In the long run it may be used as a 2018 race sticking point, but likely a minimum one at that. If anything it was to put a stumble onto Trumps annniversary, didn't he have a Mar A Lago ball planned. Would've been good PR for him to be seen celebrating. I think they'd rather have him seen an ass, which is what he likely is behind the scenes.

I do wonder if that Mexican father in Detroit who was deported last week was a plant. Hopeful that it would create a topical news story & outrage, but in the end it didn't gain much traction. The timing is suspect.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Don Jr. went on Fox News to explain that this shutdown just shows us how terrible the Democrats are...

I think it's getting pretty obvious, Donald Trump isn't a negotiator....he's a bully. He tries to use leverage to force people into making decisions that benefit him more than they benefit anyone else. That's not negotiating....that's been an asshole.

Aren’t you describing the entire Democratic position on this show down?  They’re fucking over every American for what?  The GOP will protect Dreamers. They just want sensible immigration reform to go with it.

You don't give a shit about the dreamers...so there's nothing sensible about the Republican stance.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think it's bad on both sides now. Public opinion outside the hardcores is minimal. My FB friends seems mostly indiferent & nonposting outside a small few. In the long run it may be used as a 2018 race sticking point, but likely a minimum one at that. If anything it was to put a stumble onto Trumps annniversary, didn't he have a Mar A Lago ball planned. Would've been good PR for him to be seen celebrating. I think they'd rather have him seen an ass, which is what he likely is behind the scenes.

I do wonder if that Mexican father in Detroit who was deported last week was a plant. Hopeful that it would create a topical news story & outrage, but in the end it didn't gain much traction. The timing is suspect.

That deportation did seem like a plant now that you say it. Do you think he was really deported???

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/guns-n-apos- … 10967.html

When Axl Rose is making more sense and showing more stability than the GOP, we know we're in the twilight zone.

I am not into this kind of stuff from my band honestly.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

When Axl Rose is making more sense and showing more stability than the GOP, we know we're in the twilight zone.

I don't have a problem with it...and I didn't have a problem with the NFL players either...

I think it's a problem that you think you get to express your opinion but Axl shouldn't because he's famous and it might not be good for business.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I don't have a problem with it...and I didn't have a problem with the NFL players either...

I think it's a problem that you think you get to express your opinion but Axl shouldn't because he's famous and it might not be good for business.

He can do what he wants. But this band was never U2. They aren’t a political band. I don’t like it but he can say whatever the fuck he wants. Michael Jordan had the best philosophy. Haha

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He can do what he wants. But this band was never U2. They aren’t a political band. I don’t like it but he can say whatever the fuck he wants. Michael Jordan had the best philosophy. Haha

Jordan has a terrible reputation outside of basketball...he’s addicted to gambling and has a few other problems. I’d be surprised if politics ever even crossed his radar.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^ Yeah but damn if he wasn't the greatest.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

That deportation did seem like a plant now that you say it. Do you think he was really deported???

Yes. I think he wasn't involved & didn't know. I think some FBI/ICE connections were put in place, the deportation was done, but news coverage just didn't stick or spread too viral.

I think the guy was just unfortunate to have been chosen.

Board footer