You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … p-pic.html

Adam Schiff colluded with Russian comedians. Lol. He acts as if he knew it was a prank. His emails say otherwise.

I need some input on what this is called from our friends that think only Trump’s camp colluded.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

How is this any different than the Jr meeting?

Why are you reposting what I already posted.  Lol. Just like when I did it, it will be ignored.

I don’t think we ignored it SG...I’m still trying to figure out what’s new. I don’t really see anything new.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Just got my first paycheck under the new tax system. An extra $100 a paycheck isn’t bad.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

How is this any different than the Jr meeting?

Why are you reposting what I already posted.  Lol. Just like when I did it, it will be ignored.

I don’t think we ignored it SG...I’m still trying to figure out what’s new. I don’t really see anything new.

Oh, so you knew Schiff tried to get nude photos of Trump from a prank phone call of fake Russians?  Sounds similar to what Don Jr. is accused of.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Just got my first paycheck under the new tax system. An extra $100 a paycheck isn’t bad.

How could you accept those crumbs???

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Who's going to get the blame for the government shutdown this time?

GOP is split on the immigration situation. Dems want something done about it.

In the meantime, Trump says he'd welcome a shutdown if Dems don't back down. This is happening when the GOP and Dems are closing in on a deal. Trump could make it fall apart.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Mine went up $104. But my healthcare went up nearly that much, so it's a wash. We did upgrade our healthcare coverage, so that plays into it. I have twin daughters who need braces, and I needed the extra dental coverage.

But you know what sucks? Most dental coverage doesn't pay much for braces at all. And they are freakin' expensive.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Mine went up $104. But my healthcare went up nearly that much, so it's a wash. We did upgrade our healthcare coverage, so that plays into it. I have twin daughters who need braces, and I needed the extra dental coverage.

But you know what sucks? Most dental coverage doesn't pay much for braces at all. And they are freakin' expensive.

Tax bill seems to be gaining in popularity, still need to address health care.

Is Adam Schiff a little tainted in your eyes?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

In the meantime, Trump says he'd welcome a shutdown if Dems don't back down. This is happening when the GOP and Dems are closing in on a deal. Trump could make it fall apart.

Republicans are fucking fools if they give citizenship to dreamers and don’t get anything done to alter the visa system or chain migration. I can live without the wall, but if they don’t use their leverage to fix immigration and just reward dreamers they’re dumb as rocks. Trump campaigned on immigration and won. No way in hell dreamers get citizenship and nothing else happens.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Republicans are fucking fools if they give citizenship to dreamers and don’t get anything done to alter the visa system or chain migration. I can live without the wall, but if they don’t use their leverage to fix immigration and just reward dreamers they’re dumb as rocks. Trump campaigned on immigration and won. No way in hell dreamers get citizenship and nothing else happens.

I've stated numerous times that this issue is of no interest to me. It's clear that no one is interested in solving it. I'm just so tired of hearing about it. Let's take my personal feelings out of it and just look at how this has been nothing but a political poker chip for leverage in any direction.

I don't believe that anyone that comes here illegally is any worse or better than the ones that are here. Some good, some bad, some in between. The reasons that the GOP uses to restrict immigration solely focus on a minority of terrible people who came here to be terrible. The Dems focus heavily on the ones that come here and contribute to our society in ways that people who are already here do not do.

I think it's more likely the GOP gets its way and everyone is sent home. The onus will be on those in support of this idea to show my how this makes our lives better. I already know that it doesn't. In the end...all anyone wants to do is send people home who are different from those of us who are already here. They don't like influence from other cultures. I'm not bothered by it.

The problem is...just like with the voter IDs and so many other things the GOP are in favor of...they don't feel the need to point to any evidence that things have gotten better somehow. For them and their supporters, watching those people get on a boat or a plane is sufficient enough proof.

Board footer