You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Just got my first paycheck under the new tax system. An extra $100 a paycheck isn’t bad.

Mine went up $104. But my healthcare went up nearly that much, so it's a wash. We did upgrade our healthcare coverage, so that plays into it. I have twin daughters who need braces, and I needed the extra dental coverage.

But you know what sucks? Most dental coverage doesn't pay much for braces at all. And they are freakin' expensive.

Tax bill seems to be gaining in popularity, still need to address health care.

Is Adam Schiff a little tainted in your eyes?

Honestly, I don't really follow him all that much. I'm not even sure his position. Minority rep on the intelligence committee?

I'm not a legal expert in the slightest. He should be investigated if the powers that be think he should be. It's the GOP's call. They are running all these investigations. There's a sense out there, it seems, that Democrats are running the Russia investigation. They're not. Most everyone was appointed by a Republican. So, if they see fit to investigate Schiff, have at it.

The tax bill is double-edged. I like having more money, but not at the expense of things we need to fund. We need a health care fix, not Trump fucking up what we have now, which is what the tax bill does in a roundabout way. I would have rather had zero raise but gotten stability in health care, honestly.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

There's a Senate budget deal in place, but important leaders on both sides of the aisle don't like it. It doesn't help that Trump is sending mixed signals on immigration and his other top priorities.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol … chromepush

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

They can't give you something that they have no idea how to provide.  Healthcare is so broken that the only fix they could do is throw more money at it, and that's just a band aid. Until they figure out how to address the financials it's a lost cause that they can only make worse.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

They can't give you something that they have no idea how to provide.  Healthcare is so broken that the only fix they could do is throw more money at it, and that's just a band aid. Until they figure out how to address the financials it's a lost cause that they can only make worse.

OK that all maybe true it may not be. But what do you do with all the people who need quality healthcare in the meantime what we play political games about it.

The problem is the healthy don’t give a shit about the sick.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

OK that all maybe true it may not be. But what do you do with all the people who need quality healthcare in the meantime what we play political games about it.

Not should they.  Fatty gets sick because he eats poorly and smoked a pack a day...tough shit.  Make better decisions instead of counting on others to cover his costs.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Not should they.  Fatty gets sick because he eats poorly and smoked a pack a day...tough shit.  Make better decisions instead of counting on others to cover his costs.

That’s absurd...Do you really think that’s the only people get sick?

My brother was born without biliarirs in his liver. You’re very ignorant on this topic and it shows every time you want to talk about it.  He has a colostomy bag sticking out of him at all times draining his delivery of all of the bile that should be drained through billiaries.

What did he do to deserve that? I defy you to answer that question.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Well, you're right about this because Trump has already made it worse.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

This is a dumb post.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I appreciate the underlying sentiment here. People need to be held responsible for their poor decisions. But a dying man has nothing to lose just as a starving man has nothing to lose. And this doesn’t account for the millions who are sick or injured through no fault of their own. I strongly support a Medicare for all and significant tort reform. People who give birth to babies tweaking shouldn’t get millions because their doctor didn’t diagnose the issue the 1/10 appointments they made.

Lower the cost of medical insurance by preventing sue happy fucks and you take a huge dent out of medical costs. If that means we have a two tier health care system, so be it. But no one should die in the street for a cureable ailment they simply can’t afford to pay for.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Insurance literally is a pool of money collected to pay for the misfortune of others, whether its life insurance, renter's insurance, flood insurance, etc.

Board footer