You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:

Shutdown coming. Rand Paul stopping budget deal. No way to blame anyone but the dysfunctional GOP.

Or Rand Paul. Do you blame all Mexicans when an illegal plows into a group of children drunk?  If you want the filibuster done away with, I don’t think you’ll be happy with the results. That means there were 41 senators who agreed with him. And I’m going to guess most were Democrats. So is it the dysfunctional Democrats or GOP?  Or was all that talk of Obstruction just because Barry didn’t get his way.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Shutdown coming. Rand Paul stopping budget deal. No way to blame anyone but the dysfunctional GOP.

Or Rand Paul. Do you blame all Mexicans when an illegal plows into a group of children drunk?  If you want the filibuster done away with, I don’t think you’ll be happy with the results. That means there were 41 senators who agreed with him. And I’m going to guess most were Democrats. So is it the dysfunctional Democrats or GOP?  Or was all that talk of Obstruction just because Barry didn’t get his way.

Who's Barry?

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Who's Barry?

Obama, obviously. I just don’t get how people can call Republicans obstructionist under Obama and place no blame on Democrats, but now it’s 100% the Republicans fault when they can’t get past a filibuster. Does everyone forget Bernie filibustering in 2010 because he thought Obama’s plans were wrong. Such short memories biased even further by hyper partisanship.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Who's Barry?

Obama, obviously. I just don’t get how people can call Republicans obstructionist under Obama and place no blame on Democrats, but now it’s 100% the Republicans fault when they can’t get past a filibuster. Does everyone forget Bernie filibustering in 2010 because he thought Obama’s plans were wrong. Such short memories biased even further by hyper partisanship.

I've never heard anyone call him Barry...where did that come from?

You have all the numbers (Repugs) and you set the agenda. When Repugs were obstructing they at least had the house to do it with.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ People have. More tongue in cheek.

Unrelated: That was a conspiracy theory I'd read about his birth certificate, that on it it was 'Barry Dunham' (His Moms maiden name). And that at some point he informally switched it to Barack Obama.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Nah, I'm going with "dysfunctional GOP."

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

^^ People have. More tongue in cheek.

Unrelated: That was a conspiracy theory I'd read about his birth certificate, that on it it was 'Barry Dunham' (His Moms maiden name). And that at some point he informally switched it to Barack Obama.

He went by Barry in his high school year book.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^ I was just trying to seperate the 2 statements, and not imply you were in the birther/Barry Dunham camp. Hence the 'Unrelated' tag.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Curious about the Raj Shah holding the press conference yesterday. If they felt it was better optics to have a male apologize, or if SHuckS refused to speak about it & is pissed off at Hope Hicks for drafting the 'He's been a loyal employee' (paraphrased) statement and for defending the guy.

I think it's becoming obvious HH isn't very bright, at all, and is essentially just a model type who meandered into the WH inner ring.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Curious about the Raj Shah holding the press conference yesterday. If they felt it was better optics to have a male apologize, or if SHuckS refused to speak about it & is pissed off at Hope Hicks for drafting the 'He's been a loyal employee' (paraphrased) statement and for defending the guy.

I think it's becoming obvious HH isn't very bright, at all, and is essentially just a model type who meandered into the WH inner ring.

WOuld you say the same about Omarosa?

Board footer