You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

WOuld you say the same about Omarosa?

Dude, I've never viewed her any more than a reality show contestant (hack). She may be smart, maybe not, some may view her as a form of role model, but it's just evidence this nation took Reality TV too seriously.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Omarosa is terrible.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Curious about the Raj Shah holding the press conference yesterday. If they felt it was better optics to have a male apologize, or if SHuckS refused to speak about it & is pissed off at Hope Hicks for drafting the 'He's been a loyal employee' (paraphrased) statement and for defending the guy.

I think it's becoming obvious HH isn't very bright, at all, and is essentially just a model type who meandered into the WH inner ring.

I might get blasted for this, but I think everyone knew what Omarosa was from the start, including her: an attractive, token black woman to serve as an example of Trump’s diversity. I never watched the apprentice and hadn’t even heard of her until she resigned/was let go in December.

For her now to come out and play a victim is completely disingenuous. She knew why Trump kept her around and was fine with it until he no longer needed her. She’s still trying to cash in, saying and doing whatever she has to in order to get paid. I don’t fault her for it. How many people wouldn’t do the same thing for the popularity and upcoming book and tv spots?

I just prefer to be honest about it and not pretend she was duped or anything but another “trophy wife” for Trump.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Curious about the Raj Shah holding the press conference yesterday. If they felt it was better optics to have a male apologize, or if SHuckS refused to speak about it & is pissed off at Hope Hicks for drafting the 'He's been a loyal employee' (paraphrased) statement and for defending the guy.

I think it's becoming obvious HH isn't very bright, at all, and is essentially just a model type who meandered into the WH inner ring.

I might get blasted for this, but I think everyone knew what Omarosa was from the start, including her: an attractive, token black woman to serve as an example of Trump’s diversity. I never watched the apprentice and hadn’t even heard of her until she resigned/was let go in December.

For her now to come out and play a victim is completely disingenuous. She knew why Trump kept her around and was fine with it until he no longer needed her. She’s still trying to cash in, saying and doing whatever she has to in order to get paid. I don’t fault her for it. How many people wouldn’t do the same thing for the popularity and upcoming book and tv spots?

I just prefer to be honest about it and not pretend she was duped or anything but another “trophy wife” for Trump.

I have never watched a single episode of Trump's reality show. I have heard that's where her ties to Trump begin.

Was it ever possible to skew the results of the show (as I understand it, it was some type of competition) based on whether or not it would help the show? It seems like Trump made subjective assessments of everyone's performance.

Just wondering what merit she would have ever had to be involved in anything outside of a reality show.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^^ It was a good show. Hardly an avenue towards political or even business success, but think of it like a business worlds Survivor. It was campy, these 'business types' would be given a task, however typically it was small level like running a car wash for a day, or selling T Shirts on the streets. The cast of about 15-20 was divided into 2 teams. Each week a new person was assigned "CEO" (I forget if it was assigned/next man up or the teams voted for them) who then gave each teammate their role. Things like Marketing, Sales, Customer Service etc...  So the Sales person would call T Shirt printing companies to price out how much 1000 tshirts costed, a Marketing person created the T Shirt Logo (Or Coupon or Poster sign for lets say a Car Wash), a Sales Exec determined the price of the shirt or car wash etc, the customer service was more the day of person, or selling the shirts on the streets etc..

Then, after the day ended they met in the boardroom. Trump went back & forth amongst the teams asking what went well what didn't, who they felt did best & who did worst etc. A cool concept was he asked all these questions before revealing which team won. So both teams put it out there, at times the winning CEO felt his logo was terrible, whereas the losing team felt they all did great. (From a TV perspective it was captivating & created drama). Then, when the results were revealed the losing CEO brought in 2 assistants he felt were to blame & the 3 came back & had a free for all blame session. Sometimes the CEO was evicted, but sometimes the marketer or salesperson were to blame. Maybe the logo sucked or something didn't get done in time, or the price point was too high. It was Trumps decision thru Q&A.

Again, from a TV show angle, it was good. A few contestants had fairly legitimate MBA's etc, but most were given a title like "Account Executive" "Entreprenuer" or "Marketing Executive" in their shows Bio while in reality they probably just had a cookie cutter office job with limited high level work. Also it was broken up into 15 minute segments, 1st - Asssigning roles, 2nd - Plannning, 3rd - The Job, 4th - The Boardroom. A great show but no the contestants were hardly anything more than any other reality show. Possibly slightly more career driven, but nothing extraordinary.

Randall Flagg

No idea. My understanding is after her performance on the apprentice, Trump had her handle projects in the Trump organization. When he was elected, she was given an outreach/communication role. I’m not aware of any significant activities she led, though I guess she tried to be the bridge to invite the Black Caucus to the White House, but they collectively declined.

A quick Wikipedia search shows she and Trump did a bachelor style dating show for her and she was engaged to Michael Clarke Duncan when he died.

In other words, she was a reality tv star who trump took with him.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Did Trump just block the release of the democrat version of the memo? Did I read that right?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Did Trump just block the release of the democrat version of the memo? Did I read that right?

Looks like it. Man, no need to bash this administration, it just keeps writing its own mess of a White House. It's humorous. One fail after another, one resignation after another, one boneheaded statement after another, one suttle non-apology after another.

Just retire already, jeez almighty he's incompetent enough WITHOUT the Russia probe.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Looks like it. Man, no need to bash this administration, it just keeps writing its own mess of a White House. It's humorous. One fail after another, one resignation after another, one boneheaded statement after another, one suttle non-apology after another.

Just retire already, jeez almighty he's incompetent enough WITHOUT the Russia probe.

In all fairness, they said it was because of specific classified info the DoJ and FBI objected to.  They said as soon as their concerns are addressed, the White House will release the memo.  You don't know what information the Democratic version had that may have crossed a line.  I don't either.  Let's wait to see what the people in the know say about those contents.  The same thing happened with the Republican memo at first.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

He did. Apparently over security concerns. Which only confirms how empty the GOP "memo" was.

Board footer