You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Did Trump just block the release of the democrat version of the memo? Did I read that right?

Looks like it. Man, no need to bash this administration, it just keeps writing its own mess of a White House. It's humorous. One fail after another, one resignation after another, one boneheaded statement after another, one suttle non-apology after another.

Just retire already, jeez almighty he's incompetent enough WITHOUT the Russia probe.

In all fairness, they said it was because of specific classified info the DoJ and FBI objected to.  They said as soon as their concerns are addressed, the White House will release the memo.  You don't know what information the Democratic version had that may have crossed a line.  I don't either.  Let's wait to see what the people in the know say about those contents.  The same thing happened with the Republican memo at first.

Wait...we're concerned about the DoJ and FBI today? Just today?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Trump White House. This is just bonkers really. What a shit show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=89&v=4bvu4_L-xmM

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Wait...we're concerned about the DoJ and FBI today? Just today?

They didn't care bout it last week, but now they care about it.

See how that works?

Kinda like the deficit. Bad bad bad when Obama is president, but now? Who cares.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Did Trump just block the release of the democrat version of the memo? Did I read that right?

Looks like it. Man, no need to bash this administration, it just keeps writing its own mess of a White House. It's humorous. One fail after another, one resignation after another, one boneheaded statement after another, one suttle non-apology after another.

Just retire already, jeez almighty he's incompetent enough WITHOUT the Russia probe.

In all fairness, they said it was because of specific classified info the DoJ and FBI objected to.  They said as soon as their concerns are addressed, the White House will release the memo.  You don't know what information the Democratic version had that may have crossed a line.  I don't either.  Let's wait to see what the people in the know say about those contents.  The same thing happened with the Republican memo at first.

I believe it passed thru the House Intelligence Committee unanimously, from both Dems & Repubs. So it wouldn't have anything 'glaring' that shouldn't be in there if GOP intels voted it a-ok.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Another staffer resigned (another not Porter). Sorenson, think he's a writer/speechwriter. Allegations of also domestic abuse against an ex wife. When asked, he denied it. Then resigned.

By far the worst WH staff of all time. And it's only been the first year.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Oh, and if any other president said "He's a good guy, he claims he's innocent. I wish him well, and I hope he has a fine career ahead of him' of a man who beat his ex-wife & a photo of her with a black eye appeared, it would be breaking news & days of controversy. Trump's so bad, it's just another thing, as in 'Oh he said that!?  Huh, jeeez that's bad'  and that's it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Another staffer resigned (another not Porter). Sorenson, think he's a writer/speechwriter. Allegations of also domestic abuse against an ex wife. When asked, he denied it. Then resigned.

She cited she was “emotionally abused” but no physical. Some of this could be fabricated like the “me too” movement.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

She cited she was “emotionally abused” but no physical. Some of this could be fabricated like the “me too” movement.

you're not allowed to say that.  Now all women must be believed regardless of how absurd the accusation.  Years of giving Polanski, Woody Allen and Bill Clinton awards don't matter.  This is super serial this time.  Really.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Well, that's sorta why the background checks unearth such easy to find details. To prevent potential blackmail type issues & scenes like this. Even though he didn't need a 'security clearance' seems his 'background check' still wasn't completed, which seems a bit odd. A WH running its staff all loosey-goosey is a bit odd. And by 'odd' I guess I mean amatuerish & incompetent, but hey use your own definition you find fit.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

If he couldn't get a clean security clearance, he has no business being in the white house. But you'd be surprised how many people need exemptions, especially if you've been a political activist all your life.  The FBI looks poorly on people in the Nation of Islam just as they do the KKK.  What I'm saying without going into too much detail, is that a lot of washington insiders get waivers because they did cooky shit.  For example, someone who said 9/11 was an inside job, isn't going to get a clearance.  They know something is off with that person.

Board footer