You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: US Politics Thread

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Really, unless you think things are going great for the country and the west right now, there's no logical reason to be afraid of a Trump presidency. At worst it will be business as usual.

No. At worst things will get even worse, duh.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

If he makes insane decisions he will be relieved from office.

Not unless he is impeached, and a GOP House wouldn't do that. We'd be stuck with him for at least 4 years. And even if he is out, we're stuck with Mike Pence, who is about as bad as Ted Cruz.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I'm not afraid of Trump. Part of me hopes he wins.. the sadistic part, the part that loves to say, "I told you so".
Because I know exactly what he's going to do. He's a self serving lying bastard and he's going to continue to be precisely that. It will be a disaster.
I'm kinda looking forward to coming on here and pointing and laughing (some more) at buzz/SG..

If YOU don't know what he's going to do, how can you possibly trust him?! You make no sense.
You act like he's some kind of anarchist or revolutionary when in fact he's a reactionary bully who has benefited handsomely from the system you profess to hate. - & on that point, just because the system doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for some. You think Trump represents you is only evidence you believe his lies.

That point Moore makes about the fuck you feeling good, yea for that split second that it takes these fuckwits to mark their X, & they get a dopamine hit. But when the fallout comes and they're even further up shit creek without a paddle how are they going to feel then? & who is going to represent them then? These lies are too important to believe.

Everybody in government is a self serving bastard. What exactly is different about Trump? Incompetence and warmongering? Racial incitement? That's what we have right now buddy. You think he's going to start a world war or something? Because that's about the only level left.

Trump represents hope. That you can elect someone the elite does not want. In the Rome of our day. That precedent is more important than almost anything.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
bigbri wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

If he makes insane decisions he will be relieved from office.

Not unless he is impeached, and a GOP House wouldn't do that. We'd be stuck with him for at least 4 years. And even if he is out, we're stuck with Mike Pence, who is about as bad as Ted Cruz.

A GOP house wouldn't impeach an insane decision by Trump? When they already hate him? The GOP has done a good job exposing themselves as phony Republicans when finally a candidate who promises to fulfill all their lofty slogans appear, and they shun him. With Trump, in terms of opposition, it wouldn't be a GOP House, it would be a DNC house.

And if he does something really, really bad like decide to nuke France, he can be removed on the spot on grounds of insanity. Need the consent of cabinet and VP.

Pence would be the lamest duck in town if the tried anything funny. It's not easy to oppose the will of the political establishment as we have seen. Trump has a potential for vibrancy since he's such a magnetic personality, but that's about it. Trump will not change America on paper, but he might on ideas.

I see no reason for alarm is my point. He's a shot and I'm taking it.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

polluxlm wrote:

And if he does something really, really bad like decide to nuke France, he can be removed on the spot on grounds of insanity. Need the consent of cabinet and VP.

The outpouring of people updating their Facebook photos would collapse the internet. I wonder if the progressives would advocate holding off until we had all the facts then too. Trump's on TV bragging about turning the Eiffel Tower into a glowing lightning rod and people would still ignore the obvious.

AtariLegend wrote:

This might be pushing it, but in such a scenario I wouldn't be shocked if the UK government would still side with the US afterwards if a nuclear holocaust didn't ensue afterwards. Regardless of how many millions were out on the streets protesting.

Where the US leads, the UK government follows until the end.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Hillary is a lying, establishment prick. Prodding a stick to Putin's balls. Why are you afraid of Trump again?

It's not because he is establishment, it's because you don't know what he's going to do.

To be fair, Trump doesn't know what he's going to do, either. He's woefully unprepared, overwhelmingly unqualified to run a country and laughably unfit to lead the west's biggest armed forces.

That is scary. I'm not ashamed to be scared of a Trump presidency. He's not fit to run my local coffee shop or school board.

This kind of thinking is scary.  You can't trust him, but you trust Hillary who has shown over and over that she will also only do what's in her best interests?  I don't understand this thinking at all.  Hillary lies as much or more than Trump.  She's all about her and her agenda.  Nothing has changed about her since Obama correctly identified her faults 8 years ago, but now she's so trustworthy to be President because you know the stupid shit she's going to do instead of not knowing?

The truth is Trump isn't going to do anything.  Pence will effectively be running the country.  Trump has no interest in anything but the title and the attention...he's not interested in the work. 

I'll still take Gary Johnson and his foreign policy concerns over either of them.  He'll have someone else handling that for him anyway.  That's how this works.  None of them do it all...they rely on their advisors.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Barack said way back when some policies may go up some but you will get superior health care. Sure maybe $50 might not be bad. Mine have gone up $250 per month.

You didn't get that memo? Obama said it was going to save money and you wouldn't even have to switch doctors.

Apparently to get a free pass all they had to do was blame Rubio. Funny shit. If it was popular and a huge success they sure as shit wouldn't be blaming Rubio for it.

It amazes me how people play partisan games even when it is impacting their personal lives.

Last year on Metal Sludge a woman was complaining about how after she pays for her and her daughter's health care, she has 40 bucks left to spend for groceries and other shit. She initially supported Obamacare. She had to reach the point of near starvation to realize it wasn't peaches and cream.

Anyone who believes Trump means what he says is a fucking idiot, & that includes yourself. He's a lying pos, using the rhetoric of the dispossessed, disenfranchised for his own personal gain. He is the establishment, & he's manipulating people with his dangerous lies. He doesn't give a flying fuck about overturning the system, he doesn't give a flying fuck about Joe blow: he only cares about himself.

Take out the terms "he" and "overthrowing the system" and you just described Hillary Clinton.

Everybody in government is a self serving bastard. What exactly is different about Trump? Incompetence and warmongering? Racial incitement? That's what we have right now buddy. You think he's going to start a world war or something? Because that's about the only level left.

Yeah I still don't understand this crap about Trump wanting to blow up the world and Hillary is some peace loving dove when Hillary is the only one itching for war. Most of this stuff comes from the people who will be most impacted by a major war.

You guys have no worries though...she's going to win and you'll likely get your war. I just wish you'd stop pretending its Trump that's going to lead us to war.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Hillary is a lying, establishment prick. Prodding a stick to Putin's balls. Why are you afraid of Trump again?

It's not because he is establishment, it's because you don't know what he's going to do.

To be fair, Trump doesn't know what he's going to do, either. He's woefully unprepared, overwhelmingly unqualified to run a country and laughably unfit to lead the west's biggest armed forces.

That is scary. I'm not ashamed to be scared of a Trump presidency. He's not fit to run my local coffee shop or school board.

I'll still take Gary Johnson and his foreign policy concerns over either of them.  He'll have someone else handling that for him anyway.  That's how this works.  None of them do it all...they rely on their advisors.

Well, he's my guy too. Remember, my employer even endorsed him.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Hillary lies as much or more than Trump.

'

You may find this suprising, but people actually keep track of stuff like this. From the statements made in debates, Trump overwhelmingly tells more lies. Not by a little bit either, but HUGE.

That's why I love fact checks, data etc, it always exposes liars such as yourself.

Board footer