You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I like Kasich.

I would like to point out a great portion of the guns in Chicago are coming from Indiana, Wisconsin, Mississippi, and other states. A lot from the 'burbs as well.

There have been a lot of different looks at it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pol … fb4361c8d8

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013 … google.com

https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-r … 16983.html

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-po … solutions/

What background check exists in Chicago that doesn’t in Indiana?  Illinois bans private sales without a background check. Most of the people using firearms are legally prevented from owning one.

Why did gun law enforcement/prosecution fall 40% under Obama?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co … index.html

I’m 100% with you. But what good are laws if were not going to enforce them?  How many bangers are caught with a firearm in the commission of a felony and are back on the streets in under 2 years?

Why don’t we prosecute people who lie on their background check forms? 

How many people have been shot at like I have?  How many have seen someone get blown away like I have?  How many have lost a family member to gun violence (suicide) like I have?  There’s not an emotional argument you can make that I haven’t witnessed first hand. I stopped a school shooting in high school. I’m the one who turned the guy in after he flashed it to me in 1st period.

I get it. The idea of fucking children being gunned down as they finger paint is sickening. It’s beyond my ken how a human being could inflict that tragedy on another soul. Kids shouldn’t be worried about being shot when they go to school (and statistically they have no reason to be, but let’s avoid that part). No one wants to live on a world where crazy or evil fuckers open fire in a mall, church or school. No one wants to live in a world where dope dealers sling lead as you walk down the street to get to school or your job either.  Just as no one wants to be kidnapped and murdered by a cartel or bombed by a drone from a foreign military. This isn’t earth shattering revelations.

But if the answer is always “more laws” and we have people in power who actively avoid enforcing the law, it kind of undercuts the whole argument.

Chicago has its murder rate because of its gang violence. How many laws they break to be able to enforce their will on the streets is beside the point. If you really believe that it’s guns from outside Chicago that cause this, and you acknowledge Chicago leaders can’t prevent Indiana from legally selling handguns, the only reasonable solution to advocate for is to harshly punish criminals found with guns. And I see the opposite of that being done. Some people can’t be rehabilitated. Charles Manson was never going to be a great citizen. I say we lock people up like that and throw away the key, so their poison doesn’t infect children and make it remotely acceptable to behave that way.

I agree. Gun offenders need to spend time inside. That’s going to make Cook County Jail and the MCC and state penitentiaries crowded.

If only we could free up some space? Oh, how about we let out all those dudes serving sentences for drug offenses.

If pot and some drugs were legalized, that frees up space for actual violent felons. Not to mention a host of other problems legalization could solve or help solve.

People forget that Bill Clinton’s three strike rule helped. Yes, there needs to be some recourse for people who truly improve after extended time in prison, but if you fuck up 3 times, you’re headed for a time out until you prove you get it.

I’m all for weed legalization, but I fully support a war on opioids. My brother is a victim of it, I know James has struggled on and off with it - everyone knows someone. It’s ravaging the country and there’s real legislative and enforcement changes that could easily be implemented to have real impact. We can use data science to find the 8k person town in WV that ordered 3 million pills in a month. Hinder the supply and the demand will eventually follow. Spend the money on sane rehab policies to get those who want off it help. All hardcore drugs, just not the choice red necks.

I say we consider using voluntary prison labor to drive the infrastructure upgrade both Trump and Democrats want. Those who choose to join, get paid while learning a very real fucking skill they can use once they’re released. I haven’t met a contractor or labor crew that didn’t have some black marks on their record. It’s honest work for decent pay.

We should also reward people when they do the right thing rather than exclusively focus on the bad. Tell people what they need to accomplish to fix themselves, and allow them a chance to move in that direction. If they don’t try, fuck em. But not everyone is given a solid moral compass or a good foundation. The Army recognizes this and breaks everyone down in boot camp to instill a new set of values and behaviors. Some people need that from some time in jail to learn how to behave. That scared straight shit works in adults too.

Randall Flagg

https://www.wsj.com/articles/romneys-ru … 1519069005

Good article on Romney’s vindication about Russia being our greatest threat in 2012 and Obama and the liberal establishment laughing about it.

Randall Flagg

Reports are coming out CNN and MSNBC pushed an anti-trump rally in NYC following the election, organized by Russian operatives on social media.

Waiting for a better source to see how accurate the claim is.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Kasich’s a little more nuanced than your conspiracy theories. I’m hoping this improved background check system is implemented, cities like Chicago start enforcing the law, and people like you are kept from being armed.

Can you ever talk about substance?

I've have continually  said Congress has failed to protect American children. One of the fundamental aspects of government. So did Kasich.

I have consistently said background checks should be implemented (have for years). So did Kasich.

I've said nobody needs an AR 15. So did Kasich.

I also said we should immediately ban bump stocks after 600 people were shot on the Strip. So did Kasich.

I said Trump's tweet about the FBI and the school shooting was a new low. Kasich also called it "absurd."

You always lie and claim I never offer solutions. Other days you simply say those suggestions would never work (ignoring your previous claims that I never put forth any solutions.) In other words, you always lie about my positions even when you blatantly contradict yourself.

This week Kasich (to his credit) had a come to Jesus moment on guns, and said we must act now, "Do something." Something you constantly deride me for saying. Of course now you call Kasich "nuanced" and hope his ideas are implemented. Because...of course you do.

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Kasich’s a little more nuanced than your conspiracy theories. I’m hoping this improved background check system is implemented, cities like Chicago start enforcing the law, and people like you are kept from being armed.

Can you ever talk about substance?

I've have continually  said Congress has failed to protect American children. One of the fundamental aspects of government. So did Kasich.

I have consistently said background checks should be implemented (have for years). So did Kasich.

I've said nobody needs an AR 15. So did Kasich.

I also said we should immediately ban bump stocks after 600 people were shot on the Strip. So did Kasich.

I said Trump's tweet about the FBI and the school shooting was a new low. Kasich also called it "absurd."

You always lie and claim I never offer solutions. Other days you simply say those suggestions would never work (ignoring your previous claims that I never put forth any solutions.) In other words, you always lie about my positions even when you blatantly contradict yourself.

This week Kasich (to his credit) had a come to Jesus moment on guns, and said we must act now, "Do something." Something you constantly deride me for saying. Of course now you call Kasich "nuanced" and hope his ideas are implemented. Because...of course you do.

What you say isn’t nuanced, it’s reactionary. You have no clue what that current law is and had never heard of bump stocks before. Yelling at the wind and demanding some random action be taken isn’t intelligent. I think a former congressman and current governor has a little more understanding than you. You have no idea how often these crimes occur, you have no clue what the current background check system is. Fuck, you don’t even know how the law classifies an assault weapon. You’ll just regurgitate some Samantha Bea talking point and pretend it’s your own, logical, and fact based.

I’ve heard Kasich’s arguments for years. He signed concealed carry bills in Ohio whereas you clearly don’t want people carrying guns. So spare me the like mindedness you found in a politician today. Trust me, John Kasich doesn’t want to be associated with you.

And if you want to talk about substance, how about linking actual statistics that support your argument instead of random desires that are probably unconstitutional, like just banning all assault weapons.

That’s the key difference between you and I. I try to stay grounded in reality and the confines of our government, using facts to support my positions. You think traumatized children’s tweets and a gossip chart are newsworthy. It wouldn’t be so bad if you came back after posting falsehoods and apologized or acknowledged you were duped. But you double down and then lash out at anyone who points out the disconnect.

But sure, I totally believe you have an informed opinion on background checks, firearm law, statistics, all while respecting the 2nd amendment. You’ve shown how reasonable you are for years!

There’s so much nuance here that you’re completely clueless on. And you still think “demanding action” is an intelligent response. Generally speaking if you’re as hysterical as the person who actually witnessed trauma, you can’t call yourself a rational agent.

If you’d actually have gone to college or picked up the occasional book, you’d be able to make these distinctions. But critical thought is a skill you lack, hence why you spent years talking about 9/11 and why you’ve spent the past year believing Trump had Russian whores piss on him before working with Putin. Nuance isn’t your thing.

I think I’m done with you for a while. Feel free to give me negative karma or call me a beta cuck or whatever word you were called on 4chan earlier. I truly believe you’re ill and to be quite honest, I’m not comfortable engaging with you.

Randall Flagg

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/19/micha … ump-rally/

Michael Moore participated in a Russian created rally to attack Trump.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Donnie bans bump stocks.  Ordered Sessions to ban all devices the turn guns into Machine Guns.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

Donnie bans bump stocks.  Ordered Sessions to ban all devices the turn guns into Machine Guns.

You mean like he ordered transgendered barred from enlisting? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/21/us/p … tings.html

DoJ already ruled in December they can’t ban them, Congress has to. I fully support banning them, but I’m consistent in that I don’t support any president bypassing congress because they don’t do what he wants.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-admini … 51219.html

Honestly my first reaction to this is GOOD....let's get any money we can into the system....$20 is better than nothing.

My second reaction is....what kind of precedent does this set? Idaho is offering policies that are blatantly against the law just to see how/if Trump reacts.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You mean like he ordered transgendered barred from enlisting? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/21/us/p … tings.html

DoJ already ruled in December they can’t ban them, Congress has to. I fully support banning them, but I’m consistent in that I don’t support any president bypassing congress because they don’t do what he wants.

Well I'll give you one there...you have been consistent about the executive branch not doing whatever the hell it wants...keep it up.

Board footer