You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

The problem with government is that corporations have a hand in how it's run, so it amazes me people want corporations to have even more power. Entitlements are run very well, actually, it's the private sector who screws things up through lobbiest and special interest, for example, by not capping medical and pharmaceutical costs like the rest of the civilized world does. Trump is literally telling people he is a success from gaming the system, so you think he's going to clean that up?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Barack said way back when some policies may go up some but you will get superior health care. Sure maybe $50 might not be bad. Mine have gone up $250 per month.

why are you ignoring what Rubio did? He made your premiums go up, why not call him out?

https://www.google.com/amp/ijr.com/2016 … ent=safari

From what I gather, Rubio only stopped the ability of Obama Care to be bailed out by the tax payer. He argued the risk measure where the govt pays the shortcomings is the same thing as raised premiums because it comes ultimately from the tax payer.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter … -insuranc/

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

It is done.  I have mailed my absentee ballot in Ohio for Clinton.  I feel so dirty

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm voting tomorrow and I will be done with this election. Thankfully.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It is done.  I have mailed my absentee ballot in Ohio for Clinton.  I feel so dirty

What?!? I mean.....WHAT?!?

Is this the ultimate troll?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What?!? I mean.....WHAT?!?

Is this the ultimate troll?

Stockholm syndrome. 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

North Carolina - Thru 6 Days of Early Voting

(including
in person and absentee)

Difference
% change

Total Votes

-1.9%

Democrat

-9.8%

Republican

-7.0%

Liberitarian

+355
+24.0%

Unaffliated

+43065
+28.2%

Black

-24.9%

White

+39409
+7.4%

Other

+8693
+23.1%

Men

-2.4%

Women

-2.6%

Unknown

+4982
+60.5%

AtariLegend wrote:

Ignore the surrogate at the end, the profiling by both parties is really terrifying.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Next week you'll be on Craigslist looking for dudes to gay marry. It's just what we do as registered Dems.

I will also stand by my theory put forth earlier: Secret Hillary voters. People who won't admit to friends/family/pollsters that they would ever vote for Hillary, but will behind the curtain over Trump. While anecdotal, I've seen two Republicans I know online vote for Hillary. Both in-laws who are Fox News watching card carrying Republicans, will not be voting for Trump. Another old coworker I knew years ago, who listens to Rush everyday, won't be voting for Trump. I feel that sentiment is going to resonate with Republicans across the country, especially females.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Ignore the surrogate at the end, the profiling by both parties is really terrifying.

Big data was extremely useful for Obama in both elections (as the video touched on.) Databases are everything now, from big to small business owners, it's all about collecting data so you can keep create and retain customers. That's all Facebook really is IMO, one massive data collection bank. You're also the product, haha.

I think this is why Hillary has another advantage. Surely Obama's team has granted her their massive database and paired that with an aggressive ground game. Trump's campaign has that, but it's a pipsqueak in comparison. Mitt got crushed by it in 2012, and Trump's isn't even approaching what Mitt had.

Board footer