You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Mitts older than you'd think, he's 71. Which means he'd be 74 in 2020. I wasn't aware he was that old. Jeb is only 65, but I think he doesn't wanna face DT again, just the personal insults. If its an open field he might, I'm not sure he'd run against Pence, depends on the GOP thoughts.

I think some in the GOP could put their weight behind Kasich a bit more this time around, or an upstart candidate but I'm not sure who.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Mitts older than you'd think, he's 71. Which means he'd be 74 in 2020. I wasn't aware he was that old. Jeb is only 65, but I think he doesn't wanna face DT again, just the personal insults. If its an open field he might, I'm not sure he'd run against Pence, depends on the GOP thoughts.

I think some in the GOP could put their weight behind Kasich a bit more this time around, or an upstart candidate but I'm not sure who.

7 years ago was thought Rick Perry was the guy...until he started talking.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Everything is happening so fast...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Kasich needs to run again but if we cant get away from politics as entertainment, he wont bother.

Our country needs to wake up or the next president is going to be Oprah, The Rock, or some other celeb. Hell, Facebook may be the next president.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Stormy Daniels... What a load of bullshit. At the bend of the day, she admits fucking him to get on a TV show, she accepted money to keep quiet about it when she threatened to sell her story, now she's charging more for appearances and strip shows. She may or may not have evidence. She may or may not been threatened by Trump's lawyer. Nonsense.

In the meantime, John Bolton...

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

There's  a conspiracy theory that Stormy Daniels is all just a ruse, a paid Trump employee set out to embarass the media. So he can give a big "Fake News" and "I told you so, they're out to get me" type gotcha announcement. Seems a stretch, but there have been some oddities about the whole thing.

As for his personal lawyers, I'm admittedly reading into it a bit, but the recent step down of his to-be attorney DiGenova plus all the other turnover makes me wonder if alot of these attorneys are being brought up to date on what they feel Mueller knows, or what the Flynns, Papadopolous' and Kushners etc have revealed, and what the investigation has on Trump. It being an awful lot. When told of Trumps intent to fire Mueller they feel legally its a nightmarish scenario, with pure corruption, impeachment, and possible imprisonment charges being brought, and any lawyer wouldn't want to walk into or be part of such a mess. (We're talkiing Nixon 2.0, likely worse).

I think Trumps adamant about ending this investigation & isn't gonna take no for an answer. I bet it happens within a few weeks & it really becomes a big scandal.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Her attorney is too money/fame hungry and he's too big of an idiot to plan anything remotely comprehensible. I would say the latter is more possible, but it was Mueller who objected to the lawyers citing a conflict . And they're more likely to argue the entire case is illegitimate.

I do wonder if he'll fire Mueller, though.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

the recent step down of his to-be attorney DiGenova

This was remarkably fast. It's been reported that Trump approached four well known firms prior and they all turned him down. But DiGenova's in/out was faster than The Mooch! Hard to believe there's not something to that.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

But DiGenova's in/out was faster than The Mooch! Hard to believe there's not something to that.

Definitely was fast.  I just envision him walking in & meeting with Trump, John Kelly, Kushner & some others at the big board room table. They all run thru the list of facts, and the lawyer just thinking "What??  You have to take a plea deal here" and Trump saying "No, I'll just fire him" with John Kelly doing a massive face palm. Then the lawyers just walks out saying this isn't gonna work.

Kinda like if you ever went to a job interview, and it was either something completely different than what you hoped, or paid drastically lower than you can work for, or just some ponzi scheme "Pay $300 to enroll in our tutoring courses".

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Her attorney is too money/fame hungry and he's too big of an idiot to plan anything remotely comprehensible.

Yeah but her lawyer, if anyone, seems amiss. Something about him, he's just too forceful & abrupt about it all. I dunno. Almost like a B-list Hollywood actor, who appeared as a background character in NCIS or Law & Order years ago. The whole 'unsigned contract' seems a bit sketchy. We'll see, but its something to keep an eye on.

Board footer