You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:

Yeah he was investigated during both terms start to finish but we didn't overdose on the coverage. There wasn't a feeding frenzy going on. Other than the big dogs like Lewinsky and Whitewater, you had to be really interested in politics to know about the other issues plaguing the Clintons.

It simply doesn't compare to the Trump coverage. Last year CNN had breaking news regarding Trump walking up a flight of stairs and taking a drink of water. We're scraping the bottom of the barrel when news is reduced to covering such non issues.

haha, yea right. It's all everybody talked about.

Of course everybody talked about it but it wasn't the only thing being talked about. Off the top of my head other major stories at the time were the Iraq crisis, Unabomber, Kosovo started heating up, the Titanic craze, the Olympics got major attention, World Cup, etc.

It was still an era where you could turn on the news and multiple things were being covered. The internet had yet to become the monster it currently is.

Turn on the news right now. Pick any channel. I guarantee its a panel of talking heads whining about Trump. Turn it on again in six hours. Pick any channel. I guarantee its another panel of talking heads whining about Trump.

That wouldn't be the case in 1998 during the Lewinsky nonsense.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Watching Trump... I have to admit, he cracks me up.

misterID

misterID wrote:

David Hogg is a slimy little cunt.

He's not a victim.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

No doubt. He is funny as hell sometimes.

misterID

misterID wrote:

We do understand Amazon doesn't pay a federal internet sales tax or allow third party vendors, half their sales, pay taxes, right? They are working to create a drone delivery service to completely bypass using our mail service, I think that should he mentioned. It wasn't long ago where despite your political leaning there were a lot of concerns about Amazon.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

No doubt. He is funny as hell sometimes.

I guess my question is...what exactly are you laughing at? The obvious lies he tells? His inappropriate behavior?

I can see how it might be funny until you stop and think about it.

James

James wrote:

That is frightening.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yes it is

James

James wrote:

I love the look on the face of that woman reporter on the right. She knows this is 1984 level shit even though she's getting paid to do it.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

David Hogg is a slimy little cunt.

He's not a victim.

Why are you so nasty towards this kid? It's pretty low to be honest.

I expect it from the far right gun freaks...why would you commingle with such people?

bully.jpg

Board footer