You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sean Hannity did nothing wrong IMO.

He was never represented by Cohen just had some conversations. The word client is used loosely here.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I know as little as you do, but it appears to me this is related to the other client that isn’t Hannity or Trump. I think there’s possibly some room for a SCOTUS review of what is protected and what isn’t.

Wasn't the 3rd client Elliott Broidy, the GOP fundraiser guy?  Are you saying he's potentially tied up in the crimes? If so it's all just a big messy web they'd all be tied into.

Also, keep in mind, I think the Cohen search warrant was executed by local NYC enforcement, seperate from the Mueller probe. I think it bordered on campaign & election laws ($$, campaign finance, laundering etc).

Right, and I think that connection is related to the GOP fundraiser, Elliott Broidy. If it was related to Trump and Russia, it’d be handled by Mueller.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He was never represented by Cohen just had some conversations. The word client is used loosely here.

2 things.

If it's so 'loosely', why did Cohens own attorneys out him as a 'client'?  (Personally I think Hannitys using some good word games here. Something like me saying 'I was never a fan of Guns N Roses. I never met Axl, and only bought a couple of their albums. Something like that).

Anyway, even if thats the case, as a quasi-journalist, who was reporting on this investigation almost daily, and poo-pooing it, he had a moral obligation to his audience to inform them he is affiliated with Cohen in some capacity. IMHO at least, and I'd feel the same if Rachel Maddor or Joy Behar of The View, or Olberman had an Obama or Hillary tied attorney.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Unless something major comes of this in regards to legal ramifications, I'm more curious to see what this does to Hannity's on air with Fox News. It's pretty much Dan Rather type shit, but I'll agree on paper alone, there isn't any crime within it, just journalistic integrity & fair & accuracy in reporting. More of a moral clause thats been broken.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Ummmmm, if it was big shit wouldn’t we know by now?? They are trying to break someone to spill the beans because they don’t know for sure.

I can’t believe the Trump supporters are still saying this....

Have you ever been apart of an investigation where you knew integral facts about a case BEFORE a judge or jury?

The irony here is baffling

Oh you’re talking about Hannity? Lol i couldn’t care less about him.

I’m confused...what are we talking about?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Disappointed in the Comey interview. Watched it last night and didn’t find anything new or informative. I like Comey and think he did a good job all things considered, save the huge mistake he made announcing the Anthony Weiner bullshit. That will be his legacy.

I’m hoping his book is better. I still don’t see any obstruction from his version of the Trump talk. I find it weird ABC didn’t air the portion of the interview where he finds fault with Obama publicly stating Clinton did no wrong before the investigation is over.

I was never part of the “lock her up” crowd. But I’m truly baffled at how people can say “I hope you find a way to letting this go” is obstruction of justice, but the AG telling him to call it a “matter” instead of an investigation (when comey’s Book makes it clear it was a criminal investigation - albeit one that didn’t find fault) and Obama gives a press conference stating “nothing illegal occurred” is not obstruction of justice.

I did appreciate that at the end of the interview, Comey explains that not everything should be tried to be made into a crime and distinguishing between moral ineptitude and fragrant violation of the law. His point that Americans need to show up to the ballot and have their voice heard is well received.

Comey again confirmed that Trump was never under investigation for collusion with Russia and nothing from Mueller has been related to collusion. But here we sit, with half the country convinced Trump blows Putin on the regular, and half convinced a deep state conspiracy exists to undermine Trump at every turn.  Neither have facts on their side, but they’ll get very loud and abusive if you confront them with that.

One thing is for certain though, Russia was far more successful in undermining the office of the President than they ever dreamed of.

I can’t believe you think facts matter in politics. Nobody relies upon them and nor does the public care about them.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

2 things.

If it's so 'loosely', why did Cohens own attorneys out him as a 'client'?  (Personally I think Hannitys using some good word games here. Something like me saying 'I was never a fan of Guns N Roses. I never met Axl, and only bought a couple of their albums. Something like that).

Anyway, even if thats the case, as a quasi-journalist, who was reporting on this investigation almost daily, and poo-pooing it, he had a moral obligation to his audience to inform them he is affiliated with Cohen in some capacity. IMHO at least, and I'd feel the same if Rachel Maddor or Joy Behar of The View, or Olberman had an Obama or Hillary tied attorney.

Because everyone would say “why did you hire Michael Cohen”. Isn’t that part of the confidentiality you have with your attorney?? It’s not like we are talking about a roofer here. Lol

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I can’t believe the Trump supporters are still saying this....

Have you ever been apart of an investigation where you knew integral facts about a case BEFORE a judge or jury?

The irony here is baffling

Oh you’re talking about Hannity? Lol i couldn’t care less about him.

I’m confused...what are we talking about?

I think he was referring to Trump supporters 'not knowing the facts' being common, allthewhile us anti-Trumpers seemingly knowing all the facts. That or the facts in this probe constantly leaking before any charges filed.

Something along those lines, I was picking up what he was putting down.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Because everyone would say “why did you hire Michael Cohen”. Isn’t that part of the confidentiality you have with your attorney?? It’s not like we are talking about a roofer here. Lol

Well yeah but its also a blatant conflict of interest for a journalist to have. It's not like he coincidentally had the same attorney as Trump. He had to have gone out and purposely chose him.

Imagine the Washington Post hiring the same advertising firm Hillary had, in order to get inside scoops.  Or Maddow hiring David Alexander, Obamas campagin strategist, as her PR person, and getting stories from him. It just isn't done in journalism, nor should it be. I imagine he'll have a pretty significant fallout over this, he may not get fired over it, but his name/brand is pretty tarnished as a 'journalist'. Fox News also can be seen as bordering on State/Propaganda Television as a result.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Well yeah but its also a blatant conflict of interest for a journalist to have. It's not like he coincidentally had the same attorney as Trump. He had to have gone out and purposely chose him.

Imagine the Washington Post hiring the same advertising firm Hillary had, in order to get inside scoops.  Or Maddow hiring David Alexander, Obamas campagin strategist, as her PR person, and getting stories from him. It just isn't done in journalism, nor should it be. I imagine he'll have a pretty significant fallout over this, he may not get fired over it, but his name/brand is pretty tarnished as a 'journalist'. Fox News also can be seen as bordering on State/Propaganda Television as a result.

Just for clarification, Hannity is NOT a journalist. Simply a commentator.

Board footer