You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Just for clarification, Hannity is NOT a journalist. Simply a commentator.

True, but he's widening the gap between the two pretty significantly now with this one.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The irony here is baffling

Oh you’re talking about Hannity? Lol i couldn’t care less about him.

I’m confused...what are we talking about?

I think he was referring to Trump supporters 'not knowing the facts' being common, allthewhile us anti-Trumpers seemingly knowing all the facts. That or the facts in this probe constantly leaking before any charges filed.

Something along those lines, I was picking up what he was putting down.

Ok i guess i loosely see the correlation. I’m not even going to pretend the facts have anything to do with politics.

As i stated above...i think they’re actually oxymorons.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Did i read that part of Trumps immigration policy was struck down...in no small part by Gorsuch....ironically.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:

Did i read that part of Trumps immigration policy was struck down...in no small part by Gorsuch....ironically.

No, you read that part of the immigration law that allows us to expedite deportation of legal immigrants if they commit a crime of violence was found unconstitutional. The law was defended under Obama and Trump. The court struck it down because a crime of violence was considered too vague.

Nothing to do with Trump’s EOs.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

No, you read that part of the immigration law that allows us to expedite deportation of legal immigrants if they commit a crime of violence was found unconstitutional. The law was defended under Obama and Trump. The court struck it down because a crime of violence was considered too vague.

Nothing to do with Trump’s EOs.

Ok...but even still...there’s irony in the fact that Gorsuch played a role lightening immigration policy.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Reports are Barbara Bush has passed away. Sad.

RIP

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Reports are Barbara Bush has passed away. Sad.

RIP

Wow that was so fast. Sad.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

When someone voluntarily goes into comfort care they won't last long. It's basically, but unofficially, they load you up on morphine and let you ease out. I don't see HW Bush lasting long sad

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

When someone voluntarily goes into comfort care they won't last long. It's basically, but unofficially, they load you up on morphine and let you ease out. I don't see HW Bush lasting long sad

Morbidly, I recently read that you are alive long enough 'clinically' to know your dead for a few minutes when you die.

Anyway...HW has always been curious to me. First, he's the only one term president in my life time. Second, he was the first president I remember winning the election (I was less than a month old when Reagan won).

I can look this up on Google but I'm just curious what you guys think...what is GHWB's legacy? And what was it like when he was president? Why did it end after only one term?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

His legacy for me is defying his generals & Dick Cheney and not invading Iraq for the very reasons that eventually happened when his son did invade. He lost mainly because Reagan's economy folded on his head and he had to break his no new taxes vow and raise taxes. "Read my lips, no new taxes" did him in.

Board footer