You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

The tax cuts aren't a farce, they do bring and keep businesses, but the way they were implemented with no triggers was stupid. Also, nothing is being done to cap and tax AI, robotics & automation, which is our greatest economic threat.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Even though Trump is this huge Russian operative etc, he is getting shit done.

Got 3 hostages back today.

Loest unemployment in forever.

Economy trucking along

And we haven’t realized the new tax cuts yet. Just wait until everyone files next year.

He's also pissing off allies left and right...he's also racking up massive fiscal deficits (so much for all those fiscally responsible conservatives)...

Also, as was already mentioned, the tax cuts are a farce...they helped an extreme minority of people. There's a reason the Republicans aren't talking about it anymore, it's because it's not helping them.

Now he pissed off a country that is actually a threat. NK was never a real threat...they can barely feed their own people. Iran is a real threat. Also...from what I read, it was the Chinese that convinced NK to back down. Not Trump.

No one is scared of the fat, old man.

You apparently are

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Even though Trump is this huge Russian operative etc, he is getting shit done.

Got 3 hostages back today.

Economy trucking along

And we haven’t realized the new tax cuts yet. Just wait until everyone files next year.

He's also pissing off allies left and right...he's also racking up massive fiscal deficits (so much for all those fiscally responsible conservatives)...

Also, as was already mentioned, the tax cuts are a farce...they helped an extreme minority of people. There's a reason the Republicans aren't talking about it anymore, it's because it's not helping them.

Now he pissed off a country that is actually a threat. NK was never a real threat...they can barely feed their own people. Iran is a real threat. Also...from what I read, it was the Chinese that convinced NK to back down. Not Trump.

You apparently are

How do you figure?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The tax cuts aren't a farce, they do bring and keep businesses, but the way they were implemented with no triggers was stupid. Also, nothing is being done to cap and tax AI, robotics & automation, which is our greatest economic threat.

Yes that is very concerning however we usually seem to adjust to technology as an economy.

I’m still excited for drones to drop off packages in my neighborhood.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yes that is very concerning however we usually seem to adjust to technology as an economy.

It's going to have to be a global treaty type agreement. India has already started implementing hand on ai tech. South Korea is in such danger of losing its workforce to do they're starting to use a robotics tax. This needs to be addressed sooner rather than later and is a BIG political to who embraces it first. The education system cannot evolve fast enough to train everyone to be engineers. That's not practical.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's going to have to be a global treaty type agreement. India has already started implementing hand on ai tech. South Korea is in such danger of losing its workforce to do they're starting to use a robotics tax. This needs to be addressed sooner rather than later and is a BIG political to who embraces it first. The education system cannot evolve fast enough to train everyone to be engineers. That's not practical.

Won’t they need people to run and program some of this automated work force?

Now on a worldwide level that gets super complicated...you’re right...we have no control over every one else. The concern i have is the countries that don’t use this technology will lose an economic competitiven edge.

It’s the same problem over and over again.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You apparently are

How do you figure?

You just posted a long list of concerns on how you believe Trump is destabilizing our standing/security.

I respect the concern, but I disagree with your conclusion. Iran is a rogue state and is the 4th most concerning state to peace, behind Russia, China and NK respectively.

Europe doesn’t really have a choice here. They can ultimately alienate the US or choose to alienate Iran. Which do you think they’ll pick?

If Obama had followed the constitution and gotten a deal that could get 67 votes, this wouldn’t be an issue. Thats why we have to follow the process regardless of who’s in office. There was and is bipartisan opposition to the Iran deal.

Trump campaigned on removing this deal, he was elected, and has now followed through.

There’s 3-6 months for Europe to work with Iran to make changes. But no one should support an Islamic State posessing nuclear weapons. Especially when their legislature chants “Death to America” and burns our flag while in session. That’s not a rational actor.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Agree, Iran is by far a greater threat to us than Russia or NK.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, it's looking that way. I started to think the Stormy Daniels thing was a small piece to a bigger puzzle, now its tying together (TBH I thought she was gonna be the 'Pee Tape Video', just that the details of 'russian hookers' got mixed up in a whisper down the line kinda way).  Anyway, $500,000 from Russian money I would think becomes a very serious & concerning campaign & election violation. Plus, I think the $500K is again, a small piece. As they're just singling out Cohen. Has Kushner, Flynn, Jr received money as well? Were wire transfers with Trumps & Russians common?  Entirely possible, I think they were trying to get Cohen to flip, he refused, so now they're dropping this evidence against him, so now he's shitting his pants facing years in prison.

Funny, he probably thought the Feds couldn't find it cause it all was handled on his burner phone.

I saw a great tweet today that essentially said that while we though the Stormy Daniels thing was a side issue, it's actually all one story.

Looking at this, Mueller picked this Russian Oligarch at the airport to question him. That's a pretty big deal, out in the open and a show of force. More than likely this was linked to the money wired to Cohen's account. It also explains why they did a raid on Cohen at his residences and place of business. They had enough evidence of wrong doing and worried that he may destroy it if given advance notice. Once Mueller was into the finances, he saw the Stormy Daniels payment, which he referred out.

But as you said, I bet there is much, much more to this and I agree.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Oh, so we're back to counting UE the right way again? We're not factoring in PT jobs, or those who gave up? Just curious. Back to the Labor Bureau of Statistics again!

Board footer