You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

But that is really a small segment, basically talk radio crap. We have to admit that liberals do have control over media and entertainment and they push their identity politics far harder and on a much broader platform(s).

Entertainment yes. Media, no. That’s a fallacy. I’ve worked for both national, regional, and local media companies—mostly newspaper, but my last employer owned WGN TV and WGN Radio. Not one has ever been owned and operated by people we’d call liberal.

They are owned by rich white guys like most businesses/corporations and their bottom line is to make money.

I know you're defensive about this, but it's not a fallacy when the bias is clearly written in front of you, and liberal writers and publications vastly outnumber conservative ones.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

But that is really a small segment, basically talk radio crap. We have to admit that liberals do have control over media and entertainment and they push their identity politics far harder and on a much broader platform(s).

Entertainment yes. Media, no. That’s a fallacy. I’ve worked for both national, regional, and local media companies—mostly newspaper, but my last employer owned WGN TV and WGN Radio. Not one has ever been owned and operated by people we’d call liberal.

They are owned by rich white guys like most businesses/corporations and their bottom line is to make money.

I know you're defensive about this, but it's not a fallacy when the bias is clearly written in front of you, and liberal writers and publications vastly outnumber conservative ones.

I'm not defensive. I'm not in the media anymore. If you're talking about broadcast media, I might buy it, but print media across the board is mostly owned by wealthy white dudes, or hedge-funds, or banks, or some other big corporation, and they are mostly conservative. And I'm talking more about newspapers.

We FUCKING endorsed Gary Johnson at the Chicago Tribune for crying out loud.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm not defensive. I'm not in the media anymore. If you're talking about broadcast media, I might buy it, but print media across the board is mostly owned by wealthy white dudes, or hedge-funds, or banks, or some other big corporation, and they are mostly conservative. And I'm talking more about newspapers.

We FUCKING endorsed Gary Johnson at the Chicago Tribune for crying out loud.

Print media is dying, and the titans of old (while respected) absolutely lean to the left. The tribune endorsing Johnson isn’t a claim in your favor. Kudos to them for acknowledging the wackiness that is Bernie Sanders and Clinton following, but their opposition to outrageous federal spending didn’t factor in with their two endorsements of Obama.  Here’s a list from the tribune on the top 50 papers endorsements:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati … story.html

That right there kind of undercuts your entire argument. One paper endorsed Trump. How many of them endorsed Romney or McCain?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Cornell, Harvard and UCLA have all done studies that have shown media bias.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Cornell, Harvard and UCLA have all done studies that have shown media bias.

If media bias exists...can we not attribute it to what the public demands?

I feel like so many confounds could exist in any ‘research’ on media bias....

As far as WGN and the tribune are concerned...i hardly feel their bias....

https://illinoisfamilyaction.org/2018/0 … io-rauner/

Here’s an endorsement of Rauner for November by the tribune....Rauner has been a miserable failure for 4 years...he’s made the financial issues of Illinois  worse than any libtard.

Rauner is quite unpopular with even his own party. Endorsed by the tribune.

http://wgntv.com/2014/10/11/rauner-endo … ne-crains/

misterID

misterID wrote:

If you have a bias, you're writing to sway opinion a certain way. If it weren't true there wouldn't have been a JournoList for 400 liberals in the media to brain storm strategy. And they're not denying it still probably exists.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

If you have a bias, you're writing to sway opinion a certain way. If it weren't true there wouldn't have been a JournoList for 400 liberals in the media to brain storm strategy. And they're not denying it still probably exists.

But fox has a whole network of people dedicated to the same...

AND....if more articles are being written with a liberal slant then the public support that with clicks or buys or whatever....

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

AND....if more articles are being written with a liberal slant then the public support that with clicks or buys or whatever....

Again, it's not even the same level, man. Just compare the news groups and it's way out of proportion. And of course you're going to attract people who want to hear biased news, but that's not their job or what they claim to be.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Again, it's not even the same level, man. Just compare the news groups and it's way out of proportion. And of course you're going to attract people who want to hear biased news, but that's not their job or what they claim to be.

That’s all we have now....th days of Walter Cronkite are over....

The American people don’t want that anymore...despite their bitching

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

That’s all we have now....th days of Walter Cronkite are over....

The American people don’t want that anymore...despite their bitching

Stop watching tucker and Rachel....all of em

Board footer