You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

Nowhere in any of those posts do I see anything even resembling a solution...

The problem isn't the gun.  Until you figure that out, this will continue to happen and people will repeat the same talking points over and over without accomplishing anything.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Nowhere in any of those posts do I see anything even resembling a solution...

The problem isn't the gun.  Until you figure that out, this will continue to happen and people will repeat the same talking points over and over without accomplishing anything.

I’m just not wasting my breath on this anymore- i will not spend one more minute thinking about potential solutions because the chorus response in unison will always be, “well that won’t work.”

I wonder how many people that kid in Texas would’ve killed without his gun.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There was a law proposed, liberals said no. They asked for a common sense law, when they got it, they changed their minds and said it wasn't good enough because it didn't do everything they wanted and was too much compromise. There has to be compromise.

I have to say, Repubs were talking gun control yesterday, such as Universal BG checks, which I support. Again, another group flung themselves on the ground screaming it's not enough. You know, instead of actually doing something.

There's too many hysterical liberals screwing up any chance for something practical.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

There was a law proposed, liberals said no. They asked for a common sense law, when they got it, they changed their minds and said it wasn't good enough because it didn't do everything they wanted and was too much compromise. There has to be compromise.

I have to say, Repubs were talking gun control yesterday, such as Universal BG checks, which I support. Again, another group flung themselves on the ground screaming it's not enough. You know, instead of actually doing something.

There's too many hysterical liberals screwing up any chance for something practical.

I’m confused as to how any liberal could stop a vote on any law at this point....oh right they can’t....no matter how hysterical anyone gets...

Repugs don’t need a single thing from Dems to get something done....at some point it’s all just lip service.

misterID

misterID wrote:

What do you mean they can't? They can filibuster and with such a narrow majority they can't just push things through. neutral

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It's political suicide for a republican to propose stricter gun laws, but they can certainly support something reasonable that isn't going to alienate their base.  But that's where the problem lies...stricter gun control won't stop things like this.  Both sides know it.  The democrats are trying to leverage these into stricter gun laws because they believe in that anyway, not because they think it will do anything.  ID's post just proves that...they could have had something, but knowing it didn't matter they pitched a fit.  They want it all, but they're never going to get it because there are too many gun nuts will never give up their guns regardless of the laws.  We'll have civil war or secession before we have guns outlawed at any level significant enough to matter.

misterID

misterID wrote:

An instant universal background check, close the gun show loop hole, which is shady as all get out, would help. And prosecute people who illegally give these people weapons. The two last incidents happened because of that.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

As if we ever needed more evidence the previous administration was nothing but “feel good” nonsense that couldn’t think 5 feet ahead, there’s this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ed … d7a25e2858

Because most parents can illegally not educate their children and can afford day care!

No actual solutions, just cries of “do something!”  This is the behavior I’d expect from teenagers. Not former cabinet secretaries.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I can’t wait until parents start engaging in school shootings…

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

As if we ever needed more evidence the previous administration was nothing but “feel good” nonsense that couldn’t think 5 feet ahead, there’s this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ed … d7a25e2858

Because most parents can illegally not educate their children and can afford day care!

No actual solutions, just cries of “do something!”  This is the behavior I’d expect from teenagers. Not former cabinet secretaries.

This is perfect for Republicans...less school lunches to pay for....

I have a theory....i think republicans want school shootings to continue so that eventually no one goes to public school....no more property tax.

Board footer