You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If you want to make a difference, step away from the koolaid on either extreme and join the people in the middle.  Until there are more of us, .

You're not in the middle and neither is Flagg.

It's an odd psychology you guys have about this. You both try to pass yourselves off as these rational middle of the road guys. You're not. You're right wing conservatives. There's actually nothing wrong with this. It's what your ideology is. But you both of you pretend to be something you're absolutely not.

Why would anybody take advice or take seriously a couple of guys who can't even stand by what they believe in?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Guiliani was a mess on Fox News Sunday. Even a softball interview like that his answers just seemed like nonsensical & an underlying 'A sitting President cannot be charged' style tone. Wasn't exactly endearing to those seeking innocence. It came off more like 'Trumps guilty, and his lawyers are looking for ways not to have him interviewed by Mueller', & there seemed an odd 'The Presidents not going to fire Mueller, he just wants this to wrap up'.

Guiliani is a disaster. This is the best Trump can get now I suppose.

This new "The President can Pardon himself" is going into Banana Republic territory. Very dangerous. He's also pardoning more crooks to send a message to his pals. If you notice the trajectory of the denials, they start with denying any involvement with Russians and end up with "Collusion is not a crime" and "The President can Pardon himself."

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Guiliani was a mess on Fox News Sunday. Even a softball interview like that his answers just seemed like nonsensical & an underlying 'A sitting President cannot be charged' style tone. Wasn't exactly endearing to those seeking innocence. It came off more like 'Trumps guilty, and his lawyers are looking for ways not to have him interviewed by Mueller', & there seemed an odd 'The Presidents not going to fire Mueller, he just wants this to wrap up'.

This new "The President can Pardon himself" is going into Banana Republic territory. Very dangerous. He's also pardoning more crooks to send a message to his pals. If you notice the trajectory of the denials, they start with denying any involvement with Russians and end up with "Collusion is not a crime" and "The President can Pardon himself."

Everything he’s done has only made him look more guilty...

And even if/when his supporters are presented with evidence, they’ll obfuscate or deny or explain away...

I don’t even know how to talk to the Trump folk...they stand on their head to defend him but were so easily able to despise Hillary and make her out as the devil.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If you want to make a difference, step away from the koolaid on either extreme and join the people in the middle.  Until there are more of us, .

You're not in the middle and neither is Flagg.

It's an odd psychology you guys have about this. You both try to pass yourselves off as these rational middle of the road guys. You're not. You're right wing conservatives. There's actually nothing wrong with this. It's what your ideology is. But you both of you pretend to be something you're absolutely not.

Why would anybody take advice or take seriously a couple of guys who can't even stand by what they believe in?

No, you just assume everyone is as extreme as you and and can't fathom that someone could be a moderate on either side.  I've been very clear what I believe in.  I haven't voted for a Republican or Democratic president ever.  If I was even close to what you seem to think I am, that wouldn't be the case.  I see how both sides have fucked this country up.

Crawl back in your cave...we'll see you next time you think you have something interesting to say.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Sounds like a totally innocent guy huh?

Never before have we seen a president in our lifetimes pathologically lie like this. (that's before we even get into the fact that he believes the rule of law does not apply to him) To say it's disturbing is an understatement. It's more along the lines of a national crisis.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

And even if/when his supporters are presented with evidence, they’ll obfuscate or deny or explain away...

I don’t even know how to talk to the Trump folk...they stand on their head to defend him but were so easily able to despise Hillary and make her out as the devil.

Sure, for the Trump folks.  A lot of people are just sick of all of it though.  Trump has major issues for sure.  Hillary had major issues as well, but you seem willing to overlook those for whatever reason, which is your right but you can't bitch when the Trump supporters overlook his.  I'm fed up with the hypocritical BS.  Roseanne gets fired...that's fine.  Samantha Bee apologizes and that's fine because she attacked someone attached to Trump, so it's okay?  Then clowns like Stewart rationalize it by saying that the other side is hypocritical?  No asshat, you're all hypocrites.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:

Sure, for the Trump folks.  A lot of people are just sick of all of it though.  Trump has major issues for sure.  Hillary had major issues as well, but you seem willing to overlook those for whatever reason, which is your right but you can't bitch when the Trump supporters overlook his.  I'm fed up with the hypocritical BS.  Roseanne gets fired...that's fine.  Samantha Bee apologizes and that's fine because she attacked someone attached to Trump, so it's okay?  Then clowns like Stewart rationalize it by saying that the other side is hypocritical?  No asshat, you're all hypocrites.

I don’t know. I make a distinction between Roseanne and Bee. First off, Roseanne has always been wacky and posting infowars conspiracy level shit. So I was a little surprised that her past wasn’t brought up when the show first aired and even before. It just so happens she was looney tunes on all politics, posting 9/11 and Iraq conspiracies a decade ago, as well as the pizza shop  pedophile absurdities. I don’t know if she really called Jarret a monkey because she’s black or just classically unattractive, but she called a person who identifies as a black soman an ape, and there are social consequences for that. Remember when Robert Byrd used the word “niggardly” in the late 90s?  A perfectly acceptable word, but because it’s phonetically very similar to the “worst” word in the English language, at least in America, it was taboo.

Roseanne is bonkers, and the “resistance” was salivating at the chance to end her highly successful show because it normalized/humanized Trump voters. She doesn’t get much sympathy from me, and ABC can do what they want. My assumption is any spin off won’t be nearly as successful, but I’ll tune in.

Don’t forget that Trump championed the birther garbage. His persona is cut from the same cloth as the bullshit Roseanne had been peddling since Twitter gave her a platform. My problem with with “resistance” is that they don’t want to play by the rules. Trump was legitimately elected and faces the most hostile media any President has ever faced. A fucking “investigation” has loomed over his entire presidency based on outrageous accusations that have no evidence to support them. The Director of the FBI and the Special Counsel have personally cleared him of any involvement with Russia during the election, which was Mueller’s scope related to Trump in relation to the investigation to surmise what the fuck Russia did during the election. The resistance wants to get Trump out by finding evidence of ANY wrongdoing in hopes to derail his presidency. I don’t think Pelosi or Schumer have any intent of moving to impeach. They’re both content to remain mum and allow Mueller to work and keep the media frenzy on 24/7 because our President is the greatest narcissist of the 21st century. But the resistance will use any tactic to try to find SOMETHING on Trump.

But that doesn’t change the fact he was either a nut job, or offensively used the race based pursuit of the extreme right to derail Obama’s legitimate election to the presidency, in order to establish a start for his eventual run. Either way, I find it unacceptable and it’s why he didn’t get my vote. But the voters knew this, and elected him anyway. That’s the rules of the game. Roseanne wasn’t elected to anything, so she pays the piper for being a conspiracy nut.

Bee used a “bad word”.  Being offensive towards the “right” is what she’s paid to do. It’s the same thing as Michelle Wolfe at the WHCD. She’s paid to offer a comedic view that is vulgar and antagonistic towards Republicans. That’s free speech and selling a legal product.

In short, Bee’s paid to be a cunt. Roseanne wasn’t paid to compare a black woman to an ape in 2018.

People apparently think it’s rare and commendable to not be a racist in 2018. So they need to look for any opportunity they can conjure to remind us how wrong racism is.  A so-called Trump supporter in this climate knew the dangers when she took the gig.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

That's not true...first of all I voted for Bernie so if you want to chide me about something, chide me about that.

I'm saying Hillary and Trump are very similar in a lot of ways in terms of their sketchy dealings...Trump is way worse in the way he's conducting himself as president. Hillary would never do that...hate her all you want...she has decorum. She would conduct herself in a professional manner.

I actually liked Roseanne...and I really like John Goodman. I overlooked her craziness. She had a way of looking at things that I genuinely appreciated.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

These have to be the dumbest crooks ever.

Tonight it's been revealed that Manafort has been trying to tamper with witnesses, asking them to lie on his behalf.

Mueller's team are requesting that his bail be revoked. Sitting in jail, while facing what amounts to a life sentence surely won't bode well for our pathological liar in the White House either. What an idiot. He had to know they were watching him like a hawk...right? RIGHT?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

These have to be the dumbest crooks ever.

Tonight it's been revealed that Manafort has been trying to tamper with witnesses, asking them to lie on his behalf.

Mueller's team are requesting that his bail be revoked. Sitting in jail, while facing what amounts to a life sentence surely won't bode well for our pathological liar in the White House either. What an idiot. He had to know they were watching him like a hawk...right? RIGHT?

i’m sure he just thinks Trump will pardon him. That’s the signal Trump is sending ....

Board footer