You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Hell yeah! Let us know how it goes.

Dope.

I didn't know all the songs, and while it was a great experience, half a dozen really stuck out. Wow, just wow.

He started late around 9:40 went an hour and then took a 20 minute break. Then played until a bit after midnight.

IMG_1171.jpg

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

On today’s chopping block:

Peter Strauk should be fired
Jeff Sessions should be fired

Also I don’t like what is going on at the border, but, MSNBC calling the centers holding the kids “concentration camps” is so fvcking offensive to Jews who were held in concentration where most were killed. That word is too fvcking powerful to just throw around Willy nilly just based off historical context.

Look, the Nazi thing gets thrown around by both sides too often, but in this case it applies. Taking children, some as young as 4 months old away from their mothers and sending them god knows where, is evil. It's what Nazis did. Telling parents that their child was taken to the showers, and then realizing they aren't bringing them back...Nazis did the same thing.

The detachment is appalling here. Even if you don't have children, how can anybody think terrorizing and traumatizing children is necessary when a family seeks asylum?

Watch Sanders on this, what a disgrace:

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I wasn't aware of this policy. Damn, that is pretty fucked up, whoever is to blame.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Also I don’t like what is going on at the border, but, MSNBC calling the centers holding the kids “concentration camps” is so fvcking offensive to Jews who were held in concentration where most were killed. That word is too fvcking powerful to just throw around Willy nilly just based off historical context.

Look, the Nazi thing gets thrown around by both sides too often, but in this case it applies. Taking children, some as young as 4 months old away from their mothers and sending them god knows where, is evil. It's what Nazis did. Telling parents that their child was taken to the showers, and then realizing they aren't bringing them back...Nazis did the same thing.

The detachment is appalling here. Even if you don't have children, how can anybody think terrorizing and traumatizing children is necessary when a family seeks asylum?

[/embed]

Nobody is being starved and murdered you idiot. Jesus Christ.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

[/embed]

It never ceases to amaze me the cruelty that you’ll turns blind eye to...I’m really struggling to see what the point of all of it is....

This must be part of that dick heat you always talk about.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

[/embed]

It never ceases to amaze me the cruelty that you’ll turns blind eye to...I’m really struggling to see what the point of all of it is....

An MSNBC reporter went into the “concentration camp”. Said it was very nice and everyone was in very good condition and there were no cages etc and they were playing video games etc. I don’t like the separation shit. But they aren’t gassing anyone.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Trump was either lying live on national TV, doesn’t know what his own administration is doing, or doesn’t know how Congress works.

No wonder he doesn’t do news conferences.

All three of those options are incredibly likely.

For whatever reason, boarder crossings have jumped. They are told by smugglers that it you bring children or have children in the U.S. you're less likely to be deported. I still don't understand if you're running from local gangs and you're afraid, but can raise a few grand from these dirt poor countries, why not just settle in Mexico or a neighboring country where it's easier to assimilate?

If you're a Hispanic American you're more likely to have your identity stolen. If you're in an accident with an illegal, you're pretty much fucked.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

[/embed]

An MSNBC reporter went into the “concentration camp”. Said it was very nice and everyone was in very good condition and there were no cages etc and they were playing video games etc. I don’t like the separation shit. But they aren’t gassing anyone.

No one likes children being stripped from their parents. But they’re using their children as shields. That’s dispicable that parents would use their children being removed from them as a gamble to illegally enter and remain in the US.

Federal law prohibits children from being imprisoned alongside their parent. So we either separate them and place them in foster care or with a relative, or allow the parents to be released and free to ignore their deportation hearing. Then 20 years later when they’re caught, it’s crocodile tears that “Jose” was an upstanding citizen with his 5 American born children, and how “cruel” it is to send him to a place he hasn’t been to in 20 years.

Once people learn their children will be removed from them, they won’t make the gamble and illegally enter. Sorry, we have to enforce the law. Call your democratic congressmen and demand they pass immigration reform. Allow children to be housed with their parent in special migrant facilities (I love the idea of setting up shelters and temporary homes on military bases while their case is expedited to make a deportation judgement) and secure the border so they don’t get inside in the first place.

There’s an adult answer that acknowledges we have to secure our border and enforce our laws, and a purely emotional angle that selectively ignores that if economic migrants didn’t illegally sneak into the US with their children, knowing the likelihood they’ll be caught, there wouldn’t be an issue to begin with.

Feeling bad children are being removed from their parents is the easy part, and you’re not a hero for publicly stating it. Nor are you brave. The brave part is coming up with a solution to solve it. And allowing people to illegally enter our country without consequence isn’t an option. If you think it is, say so, and the rest of us can ignore you.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

LOL

You’re not getting your wall...that’s not border control.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

LOL

You’re not getting your wall...that’s not border control.

He laid out a very rational point, what does the wall have to do with it and why is it funny?

Board footer