You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

LOL

You’re not getting your wall...that’s not border control.

He paid out a very rational point, what does the wall have to do with it and why is it funny?

It’s unfortunately Mitch’s primary response when he can’t advocate an informed opinion to refute something he wishes wasn’t true. He devolves into a cheerleader.

Being outraged isn’t an accomplishment in and of itself. Unfortunately being upset and being vocal about it has somehow become confused with actually resolving problems.

We could fix this if we made actual changes to our immigration laws and enforcement. But a segment of society is completely happy with the status quo and essentially an open border. They think yelling “Nazi” or “racist” is an intelligent argument.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Immigration was never a problem for me...and even those that advocate for changes can’t seem to speak to how this alleged issue directly or indirectly effects anyone...or even who these new policies makes it (America?) better for...certainly no one here seriously takes into consideration how the current policies are actually hurting some Americans.

This whole issue is a complete non starter. What’s laughable is that you continue to advocate for an “adult solution” when our leaders don’t behave like adults...and who/what you choose to be concerned with is more telling about you than anything else.

Republicans have control of the Federal government so just do whatever they want. But don’t try and pretend this is about some moral authority or matter of border security. Doing shit just for the sake of doing it is not a solution...it’s feel good nonsense meant to make a segment of the population feel validated.

Me? I feel nothing from this...i just don’t care...never have, never will. You fabricated an issue and marketed it to the right people.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Furthermore, the fact that we’re going to spend more federal tax dollars on bullshit border security, add to that all the money we waste on the drug war and other moronic programs that loosely fall under the category of security...

I mean...it’s be one thing if we were any good at it...but we’re not.

Meanwhile our education system is shit and the feds have slowly dismantled Obamacare...

These priorities are fucked if you ask me.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Garbled post.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Garbled post.

That happens when I post on my phone sometimes...It's hard to edit/revise when you can't see the whole thing...

My point basically was...I don't say any empirical evidence that these new immigration polices help anyone...I know it's hurting farmers and landscapers. I see no evidence that it's helping anyone.

I know it makes a certain segment of the population feel good though.

Basically on a list of priorities, immigration 'reform' doesn't even make the top 10 on my priority list.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Garbled post.

That happens when I post on my phone sometimes...It's hard to edit/revise when you can't see the whole thing...

My point basically was...I don't say any empirical evidence that these new immigration polices help anyone...I know it's hurting farmers and landscapers. I see no evidence that it's helping anyone.

Basically on a list of priorities, immigration 'reform' doesn't even make the top 10 on my priority list.

If you don't understand why keeping economic illiterate migrants from sneaking into our country is important, I don't know what to say.  They've completely changed the demographics of some areas and not for the better.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Garbled post.

If you don't understand why keeping economic illiterate migrants from sneaking into our country is important, I don't know what to say.  They've completely changed the demographics of some areas and not for the better.

As Mitch said, got some empirical evidence for that? Otherwise it is just making people feel better.

Randall Flagg

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

As Mitch said, got some empirical evidence for that? Otherwise it is just making people feel better.

Fortunately we don’t need empirical evidence to uphold the law. Feel free to google immigration demographics. This information is widely known. Being intentionally ignorant of it or flat ignoring it isn’t an excuse. As I said, if you believe in an open border or that people should be allowed to illegally enter without consequence, say that upfront. That way I can ignore you.

But here’s a good start:

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/data/un … n/state/US

Half lack a high school education.  Half don't speak a word of English.  36% have no interest in gaining employment and 61% lack any insurance.  This isn't the group any civilized country wants entering their nation en masse illegally.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The US should just bring on Canada and Mexico and move on.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Fortunately we don’t need empirical evidence to uphold the law.

This is really all you need to read from this post.

Board footer