You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/06/17/us/bor … index.html

Democratic policies are to blame for this. They refuse to do anything and celebrated while Obama abused his authority and let anyone without a criminal record stay.

Now people enter our country and recklessly flaunt our laws. So much so they drive with 14 people in an SUV 100+ miles down the interstate.

This needs to end. Pass immigration reform and end this chaos.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Democratic policies are to blame for this. They refuse to do anything and celebrated while Obama abused his authority and let anyone without a criminal record stay.

Now people enter our country and recklessly flaunt our laws. So much so they drive with 14 people in an SUV 100+ miles down the interstate.

If Dems are to blame then why didn't Republicans cooperate with him to create a plan? Oh yea...because they had no interest in policy creation at the time. They were in full on obstruct mode at the time.

All they want to do now is take credit for the policies. They cared nothing about this 4-6 years ago. So forgive me if I have to yawn at this article.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

If Dems are to blame then why didn't Republicans cooperate with him to create a plan? Oh yea...because they had no interest in policy creation at the time. They were in full on obstruct mode at the time.

All they want to do now is take credit for the policies. They cared nothing about this 4-6 years ago. So forgive me if I have to yawn at this article.

What plan Mitch? Again, your lack of attention is showing its ass again. A court ruling in 2015, stated it was illegal to keep children in custody with their parents when caught illegally in the United States.

Obama took that to mean “they got us!  Come on in!” And stopped enforcing immigration law.

You can either do something or continue to bitch. But this isn’t going away, and when the Democrats continue to not offer any legislative solution, instead asking the executive branch just not to enforce the law, no amount of doctored or outdated photos accompanied by tweets will matter.

Remember when Democrats closed down the government for DACA?  Then did nothing to resolve it. Flagg and Pepperidge farm remembers.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What plan Mitch? Again, your lack of attention is showing its ass again. A court ruling in 2015, stated it was illegal to keep children in custody with their parents when caught illegally in the United States.

Obama took that to mean “they got us!  Come on in!” And stopped enforcing immigration law.

You can either do something or continue to bitch. But this isn’t going away, and when the Democrats continue to not offer any legislative solution, instead asking the executive branch just not to enforce the law, no amount of doctored or outdated photos accompanied by tweets will matter.

Remember when Democrats closed down the government for DACA?  Then did nothing to resolve it. Flagg and Pepperidge farm remembers.

Let me put it another way. This is an opinion piece and has a massive bias.

You’re the one always trying to preach that you’re down the middle on the issues then you’ll find an article that blames Obama and Democrats for every single problem we have....

While always conveniently forget if that the Republicans has no interest in coming up with a deal either.

It’s a massive bias.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Let me put it another way. This is an opinion piece and has a massive bias.

You’re the one always trying to preach that you’re down the middle on the issues then you’ll find an article that blames Obama and Democrats for every single problem we have....

While always conveniently forget if that the Republicans has no interest in coming up with a deal either.

It’s a massive bias.

No, I’m saying the current Democrats won’t sponsor any bill. Obama illegally enacted DACA, then added people turned away at the border to the total list of deportations, grossly exaggerating his efforts at immigration enforcement.

I’m telling you facts. Under Obama, in part due to a court ruling, illegals caught with children were immediately released. Having a child with you was a de facto free pass into the United States. Trump has started a zero tolerance policy, and because he is unable to keep the children with their parents due to that court ruling, they’re housed temporarily until foster care or a relative take them.

This can be solved one of two ways: we return to not enforcing the law and allowing anyone with a child to get a free pass, or we change the law so family units can be housed together and children won’t be separated. Those are our two options. There isn’t a third.

I don’t support allowing illegal immigrants to use their children as a literal “get out of jail free” card. Are you?

If not, then Democratic legislators need to allow congress to pass a fix without filibustering it.

Oh, and you obviously didn't read the article.  It's from CNN.  Not biased and has nothing to do with my argument.  But thanks.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Anyone see a story last night that Roger Ailes supposed met with Russians in May of 2016 & was offered the dirt on Hillary (hacked emails) for $2mil?

I think I'm starting to piece it all together. Russians proposed the hacked emails for a coupla million, Trump had Michael Cohen payout the money from the Trump Foundation charity bank account, money was exchanged, emails went up onto Wikileaks.

So many crimes in that statement right there, so many.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

Anyone see a story last night that Roger Ailes supposed met with Russians in May of 2016 & was offered the dirt on Hillary (hacked emails) for $2mil?

I think I'm starting to piece it all together. Russians proposed the hacked emails for a coupla million, Trump had Michael Cohen payout the money from the Trump Foundation charity bank account, money was exchanged, emails went up onto Wikileaks.

So many crimes in that statement right there, so many.

I have some contacts in the Philly PD. Let me know if you want an interview.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

No, I’m saying the current Democrats won’t sponsor any bill. Obama illegally enacted DACA, then added people turned away at the border to the total list of deportations, grossly exaggerating his efforts at immigration enforcement.

Again, this was  response to Republican's not having any interest in a solution or a compromise. Why do you always leave out that part? They were too busy blocking supreme court nominees and shutting down the government.

I’m telling you facts. Under Obama, in part due to a court ruling, illegals caught with children were immediately released. Having a child with you was a de facto free pass into the United States. Trump has started a zero tolerance policy, and because he is unable to keep the children with their parents due to that court ruling, they’re housed temporarily until foster care or a relative take them.

Uh huh...and? Trump has started the zero tolerance policy. Republicans have full control of the federal government...Trump could stop what he started but he won't...because I think secretively deep down he likes the policy ( and you do to) because it's a massive deterrent to crossing the border. Obama acted alone...I'll admit that...but to look at that in a vacuum is hardly fair or unbiased.

This can be solved one of two ways: we return to not enforcing the law and allowing anyone with a child to get a free pass, or we change the law so family units can be housed together and children won’t be separated. Those are our two options. There isn’t a third.

then do it...whatever...

I don’t support allowing illegal immigrants to use their children as a literal “get out of jail free” card. Are you?

I already told you repeatedly that I do not care....this is a non-issue for me and I have yet to be convinced of any direct or in-direct effects to me either way.

If not, then Democratic legislators need to allow congress to pass a fix without filibustering it.

How can you expect this when all Trump does is call Dems losers and blame every single problem this country has on something Obama did...it's not going to happen...either find a way around or don't...but don't expect Democrats to ever...and I mean EVER cooperate on this shit. I think I have more in common with the Mexicans than I do the Trump supporters. I don't see why I should lift a finger in support of Trump and his supporters.

Oh, and you obviously didn't read the article.  It's from CNN.  Not biased and has nothing to do with my argument.  But thanks.

How come it's fake news when you don't like what CNN writes but then cite it as a source to support your argument later?

Randall Flagg

Are you arguing with me or a boogeyman you created you think I represent?  Have I ever used that term “fake news” like a Trumpkin or to disparage an entire organization? (Edit:  I actually looked at my post history to verify to challenge my own bias. The only time I’ve ever used that term non-ironically on this forum was shortly after the election when the piss tape allegation first broke, before we knew it was the Steele dossier, which I absolutely stand by since it was in direct response to some poster advocating the inauguration be canceled since he “knew” both Pence and Trump worked with Russia to win (January 2017 mind you)). Have I ever linked Breitbart?

Fair enough. You don’t care about the border or immigration law. A lot of Americans do, and Donald Trump was primarily elected (not by me remember, I’m the “far right wing Republican” that voted for Clinton) because of his immigration rhetoric. I bet money Congress, to include Democrats, finally does something on immigration before August.

Then you can continue to tell us how you don’t care what the law says, how you’ll support obstructionism at the detriment of people you allegedly care about, because saying “fuck you” to Trump is more important than actually helping people.

I love these conversations, because your posts perfectly represent the “fuck Trump” mentality that much of the left is enamored with. And it’s great to get those arguments solidified and out in the open. Your opinions are your own, but the raw hatred isn’t.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Are you arguing with me or a boogeyman you created you think I represent?  Have I ever used that term “fake news” like a Trumpkin or to disparage an entire organization?  Have I ever linked Breitbart.

Fair enough. You don’t care about the border or immigration law. A lot of Americans do, and Donald Trump was primarily elected (not by me remember, I’m the “far right wing Republican” that voted for Clinton) because of his immigration rhetoric. I bet money Congress, to include Democrats, finally does something on immigration before August.

Then you can continue to tell us how you don’t care what the law says, how you’ll support obstructionism at the detriment of people you allegedly care about, because saying “fuck you” to Trump is more important than actually helping people.

I love these conversations, because your posts perfectly represent the “fuck Trump” mentality that much of the left is enamored with. And it’s great to get those arguments solidified and out in the open. Your opinions are your own, but the raw hatred isn’t.

Yes it's true that I see you more than anyone else as the embodiment of a Trump supporter on this board. Even if you did vote for Hillary. You are no where near as critical of Trump as you have been of Obama...so it makes you an easy target.

It is raw hatred...I've never denied that. But even without all of that...I still remain staunch in my stance that 'immigration reform' is the Republicans' Obamacare. All this a-do about putting brown people back where they came from is like ice cream cake. I also remain convinced that this isn't a matter of law or immigration at all...it's as feel good to a sect of the population that I cannot relate to. I believe that whether a Mexican is here legally doesn't matter to many of the Trump supporters. It's just about getting them out by any means necessary.

So I'd say my hatred is well matched.

Board footer