You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

Yes, there will be backlash in the mid terms when they start using it in ads, even in 2020, especially if Harris runs.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Pretty predictable really...i guess when you fuck around with things you don’t understand you end up just hurting yourself.

Harley Davidson of all places....can’t get much more American than that.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/us-t … 22646.html

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/apos … 00206.html

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/dona … 09247.html

The last article proves how inept trump is....

So much winning right SG?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

He's a moron. HD is only moving a plant overseas to build the bikes that will be sold overseas (to avoid any import tariffs from other countries). The US won't be able to 'tax it' since they'll be exported elsewhere, and the bikes sold in the US will be made in the US, again, can't tariff.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Harley has been trying to outsource for YEARS but delayed only because they were publicly shamed, I think Trump was the loudest critic. Nothing was going to make them stay.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Harley has been trying to outsource for YEARS but delayed only because they were publicly shamed, I think Trump was the loudest critic. Nothing was going to make them stay.

Not even trumps genius economic policies?

I personally take pleasure that they took the time to say it’s trump and his tariffs that caused this...

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/north-kore … _lead_pos7

And of course there’s this....

So....much....winning....

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

These SCOTUS rulings are certainly making me happy. And the travel ban logic doesn’t bode well if DACA makes it before the court.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

These SCOTUS rulings are certainly making me happy. And the travel ban logic doesn’t bode well if DACA makes it before the court.

Then you must be thrilled to hear of Kennedy's retirement.

I mean, I can admit it when it's clear as day. The GOP has won. The end game is always the Supreme Court. Laws can always be overturned. It is in the GOP's hands for the next few decades.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I mean, I can admit it when it's clear as day. The GOP has won. The end game is always the Supreme Court. Laws can always be overturned. It is in the GOP's hands for the next few decades.

I am. I liked Kennedy, great jurist. But I’ll openly admit I want a Scalia 3.0. Sotomayor is far too radical and needs to be balanced. You’re right. SCOTUS is the end game, and this keeps the court from going far to the left for at least another decade. Ginsburg is next and I hope Trump gets to replace her too.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I am. I liked Kennedy, great jurist. But I’ll openly admit I want a Scalia 3.0. Sotomayor is far too radical and needs to be balanced. You’re right. SCOTUS is the end game, and this keeps the court from going far to the left for at least another decade. Ginsburg is next and I hope Trump gets to replace her too.

But you don't mind it going far to the right, apparently?

Board footer