You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Stupid ass details like there's no fucking way to pay for it and it's unsustainable?  That's not a detail, that's a major fucking problem.  What exactly did I do to make sure it failed? I have and had coverage through my employer.  I can't wait to hear this (or more accurately I can't wait until you ignore this and spew out some other bullshit).

It’s people like you...your ilk. All i know is that you stated yourself on numerous occasions that you were against the whole thing. Now, you say it’s because it wasn’t paid for. If that’s the case then why are you such a proponent of these tax cuts that haven’t been paid for? It seems paying for shit doesn’t always matter to you.

I’m sure you’ve been using that argument about it not being paid for ages. That’s indicative that you don’t understand it either.

You don't have jack shit figured out.

Lol i never claimed to know everything...but the items i pointed out were legit. If we all really wanted this then succeed then we would have set it up to succeed by finding a way or even forcing everyone to participate. That’s the only way it would’ve worked. Republicans had a chance to participate and used the time that try and run out clock...they never offered a sincere attempt at contributing.

I'm as empathetic as they come, but there is a line between empathy and turning a blind eye to the law.  I care about other people to a fault...it's actually a weakness of mine.  I've tried to save everyone including those that have no interest in being saved.  I've learned not to waste my time on those people any more, but it's not like you can just turn the switch off.  I've helped people get jobs that should have never been hired because they didn't do something right with their application.  I've helped people get around workplace policies that I don't agree with at work so they can keep their jobs.  I've helped people with their resumes so they can get better jobs.  I do what I can, but I am not perfect.  I've helped out more people than you probably know.  I respect the laws though and I expect others to as well.  Follow the laws.  If you don't like the law, follow the proper process to change the law.  I know to people like you that's asking a lot, but it really isn't.

I gave someone a $250 ticket to one of the Vegas GnR shows because he just had to be there and couldn't afford to go otherwise.  Don't tell me I only care about me...you couldn't be more wrong and that's saying something as wrong as you've been in this thread.

Sigh....

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

This isn't just the Trump thread... and I've spent very little time on this guy, but he is relevant to us politics.

He’s using the same tactics to rise to power that trump did....

Did you see that trump plans to cut taxes even more before midterms? Talk about pandering....

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

This isn't just the Trump thread... and I've spent very little time on this guy, but he is relevant to us politics.

Did you see that trump plans to cut taxes even more before midterms? Talk about pandering....

He’s not rising anywhere, Mitch.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

He’s not rising anywhere, Mitch.

He’s gotten a lot of National face time...he’d be a damn idiot if he didn’t parlay this into something.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Stupid ass details like there's no fucking way to pay for it and it's unsustainable?  That's not a detail, that's a major fucking problem.  What exactly did I do to make sure it failed? I have and had coverage through my employer.  I can't wait to hear this (or more accurately I can't wait until you ignore this and spew out some other bullshit).

It’s people like you...your ilk. All i know is that you stated yourself on numerous occasions that you were against the whole thing. Now, you say it’s because it wasn’t paid for. If that’s the case then why are you such a proponent of these tax cuts that haven’t been paid for? It seems paying for shit doesn’t always matter to you.

I’m sure you’ve been using that argument about it not being paid for ages. That’s indicative that you don’t understand it either.

Go back and find anywhere where I was ever against the whole thing.  Here you go again claiming I said things I never said to try to bail yourself out.  It's always been about the money.  ALWAYS.  There's no way it could work, and worse than that the Democrats KNEW THIS but passed it anyway hoping it would lead to single payer.  Instead it helped lead to Trump as President.  Pat yourself on the back mitch...you fucked yourself.  You can blame all the racists you want, but healthcare got people to turn up in the voting booth way more than racism did.

The tax cut has been really good for people I know.  Sorry if it's not working for you but nothing works for everyone.  My company is passing the tax cuts on to us through increased benefits...it's fantastic.  Now if the tax cuts remain and the benefits start going away (which I expect to happen), we can discuss it at that point.  Same goes for the tariffs...I'm not going to panic yet.  The story isn't told in the immediate results...this is a political game of chicken that none of us have enough insight into to know what is going to happen.  So we sit back and see what develops and how the players react to whatever happens. 

For once, why don't you just sit back and see what happens?  Every time you fly off the handle and overreact, you end up being wrong.  Take time.  Assess the situation.  See how things play out beyond a few days/weeks.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I don't like many of Trump's cabinet members, big surprise, but this dude was among the worst. I think most would hopefully agree this guy was so corrupt this had to happen. Surprised he hung on so long.

https://twitter.com/TwitterMoments/status/1014960683614498817

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm shocked he was even hired, even by Trump standards. Everything I've read says he was an epic ass kisser.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

36729937_10106388266699244_5570430071602151424_n.png?_nc_cat=0&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&oh=aac420a56eece914a0ace88ff7bb6d07&oe=5BD7239F

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm shocked he was even hired, even by Trump standards. Everything I've read says he was an epic ass kisser.

Trump has standards?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

True. His campaign rally last night was a complete mess. It seemed like the crowd, who typically goes apeshit no matter what he says, didn't know how to react.

Board footer