You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Imagine how hot our economy would be if the fed didn’t increase rates every few months. They were 0 the whole time under Obama. Every rate hike slows the economy a bit.

Aside from the tariffs aren’t these mostly the same stuff that brought us the 2008 recession?

Maybe one day you’ll thank the Dems for cleaning up that mess.

Oh you mean when the Dems forced banks to keep giving loans to sub prime borrowers because everyone needs to own a home?


Yes, that’s the primary contributor, sub-prime loans. And yes, Democrats and liberal judges have, to an extent, weaponized accusations of racism through disparity in buying power. But c’mon man, it was the fucking banks. It was a feeding frenzy of bullshit gambles and paper shuffling. You can’t blame Democrats because they sued and paid lip service to make sure blacks got the same stupid loans they were passing out like candy to middle class whites. Republicans liked making profits too.

The Wall Street types are to blame. Congress failed to pay any attention and prevent it. Because so long as a political party can take credit for a booming economy, fuck asking why, for how long, and at what cost.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Aside from the tariffs aren’t these mostly the same stuff that brought us the 2008 recession?

Maybe one day you’ll thank the Dems for cleaning up that mess.

Oh you mean when the Dems forced banks to keep giving loans to sub prime borrowers because everyone needs to own a home?


Yes, that’s the primary contributor, sub-prime loans. And yes, Democrats and liberal judges have, to an extent, weaponized accusations of racism through disparity in buying power. But c’mon man, it was the fucking banks. It was a feeding frenzy of bullshit gambles and paper shuffling. You can’t blame Democrats because they sued and paid lip service to make sure blacks got the same stupid loans they were passing out like candy to middle class whites. Republicans liked making profits too.

The Wall Street types are to blame. Congress failed to pay any attention and prevent it. Because so long as a political party can take credit for a booming economy, fuck asking why, for how long, and at what cost.

Bush admin tried to stop it and the Dems told them to pound sand.

mitchejw
 Rep: 109 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The last crash was in large part due to the housing market debacle and people foreclosing. I fear that could happen again.

Of course it will.  Do you know why? Because we’re back to using the same policies and the banks aren’t regulated the way they once were. So yes we’re gonna have a period A crazy out-of-control economic growth followed by a fall down the mountain.

I’m not sure how you can blame those banking practices on Democrats?  The banks know no one is watching anymore so it’s not a matter of if now, it’s a matter of when.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The last crash was in large part due to the housing market debacle and people foreclosing. I fear that could happen again.

Of course it will.  Do you know why? Because we’re back to using the same policies and the banks aren’t regulated the way they once were. So yes we’re gonna have a period A crazy out-of-control economic growth followed by a fall down the mountain.

I’m not sure how you can blame those banking practices on Democrats?  The banks know no one is watching anymore so it’s not a matter of if now, it’s a matter of when.

Barney Frank.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

https://www.wtae.com/article/facebook-u … s/22603855


Why isn’t this part of the conversation. Attempts to influence and disrupt our elections aren’t one sided. Here’s clear proof of the anti-Trump side being funded by bad actors. That’s what the Maxine Waters types don’t even acknowledge. Their behavior is what Russia wanted. Unrest among Bernie supporters was part of their behavior too. But Hannity and Cooper are all too eager to reach much larger audiences peddling the same shit.

mitchejw
 Rep: 109 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.wtae.com/article/facebook-u … s/22603855


Why isn’t this part of the conversation. Attempts to influence and disrupt our elections aren’t one sided. Here’s clear proof of the anti-Trump side being funded by bad actors. That’s what the Maxine Waters types don’t even acknowledge. Their behavior is what Russia wanted. Unrest among Bernie supporters was part of their behavior too. But Hannity and Cooper are all too eager to reach much larger audiences peddling the same shit.

who said it wasn't part of the conversation? it was just discovered today.

And if you expect me to trust Facebook anytime soon during its' full blown apology tour, then you will be sorely disappointed.

If you were truly a critical thinker, you'd ask why FB is publicizing, in a very subtle way...their attempt to make themselves look 'middle of the road' by pointing out 'fake liberal' groups like the FB page 'resistance' and 'black elevation.' Influencing all 290K of its follows. LMAO...290k out of how many hundreds of millions?

11

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/special-couns … ories.html


There it is. It was never about Russia. But the conspiracy nuts and hysterics wanted something.

I’ve fully supported the special counsel because its purpose was to understand what Russia did during the election. But I fully support Trump telling Mueller to fuck off the moment he deviates from that.

PaSnow
 Rep: 197 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/special-couns … ories.html


There it is. It was never about Russia. But the conspiracy nuts and hysterics wanted something.

I’ve fully supported the special counsel because its purpose was to understand what Russia did during the election. But I fully support Trump telling Mueller to fuck off the moment he deviates from that.

Obstruction Of Justice is fine?  From a high ranking political official?  From the President??

I don't even think we know exactly what the obstruction was regarding, likely the firing of James Comey plays a portion. But how did it go about, was Trump updated of the latest findings during a National Security briefing, then later that day he fired him?  Seems pretty Nixonian to me.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/special-couns … ories.html


There it is. It was never about Russia. But the conspiracy nuts and hysterics wanted something.

I’ve fully supported the special counsel because its purpose was to understand what Russia did during the election. But I fully support Trump telling Mueller to fuck off the moment he deviates from that.

Where there isn’t a crime, claim there is and catch them on obstruction to shield themselves from a madeup crime. That is such a bullshit pussy play if that is all you fucking have. Fuck that

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/special-couns … ories.html


There it is. It was never about Russia. But the conspiracy nuts and hysterics wanted something.

I’ve fully supported the special counsel because its purpose was to understand what Russia did during the election. But I fully support Trump telling Mueller to fuck off the moment he deviates from that.

Obstruction Of Justice is fine?  From a high ranking political official?  From the President??

I don't even think we know exactly what the obstruction was regarding, likely the firing of James Comey plays a portion. But how did it go about, was Trump updated of the latest findings during a National Security briefing, then later that day he fired him?  Seems pretty Nixonian to me.


I don't believe he is guilty of Obstruction of Justice.  I believe the Constitution grants the President great power in terms of prosecutorial discretion.  So I believe that as an extension of his pardon powers, something that is not in dispute, the President can direct the FBI and all FEDERAL law enforcement agencies on what to prosecute.  Congress also has power, as do the courts.  Congress makes the law, the courts interpret them.  But the executive decides how we enforce those laws.  That's the whole premise of the pardon, the executive saying "we will not enforce the law in this circumstance."  It's exactly the justification Obama used to issue an EO on DACA.  He stated that as President and by virtue of his prosecutorial discretion, he was going to allow illegal aliens under a specific criteria of his choosing to remain in the United States without fear of deportation.  So if you support what Obama did with DACA and/or allowing illegals to remain in this country without a legal status authorized by congress, you need to go away.  The President doesn't get to pass sentence.  He doesn't get to interpret the law.  If Trump ordered Session to indict Clinton, as reprehensible and bullshit as move as that would be, he can do that so long as he prosecutes her for the laws passed by congress, and a judge determines Hillary violated those laws under his interpretation before any harm comes to her. 

This is about Michael Flynn.  That's all it can be about.  The Russian investigation wasn't hindered or influenced in any way.  Has Mueller suggested or has anyone claimed that Mueller is compromised because of Trump's influence or actions?  To the contrary, James Comey was never instructed nor did he claim he was ordered not to prosecute Michael Flynn.  Something I believe the President has the authority to do.  Comey stated Trump stated to him "I hope you can find your way to letting this go", referencing Comey's investigation of Flynn.  Trump didn't stop that investigation, and in December of 2017, Michael Flynn pleaded guilty to "  "willfully and knowingly" making "false, fictitious and fraudulent statements" to the FBI."  Those false statements were related to conversations he had during the transition with a Russian Ambassador.  The conversation of which was monitored and logged by Federal Agencies.  No conspiracy or illegal activity has been suggested outside the Logan Act, which hasn't had its constitutionality upheld, and is ignored for practicality reasons by every incoming administration.  Charges under the Logan Act were not filed.

Robert Mueller is investigating all aspects of the Russian efforts to influence our 2016 election.  He's doing this after James Comey was fired, and it was he who charged Michael Flynn.

There is no obstruction.  No matter which way you cut it.  Both Comey and Mueller have stated on record that President Trump is not under investigation for illegal involvement with Russia during the election.  Quite frankly that should have ended it.  But there's so much partisan fucking hatred towards Trump, that absolute lies and falsehoods have been propagated and suggested by not only members of Congress, but by mainstream media thirsty for ratings and part of the "resistance" movement.  Hatred of Trump is all this is.  Flynn's investigation was never influenced, nor was the investigation into Russian meddling.  At no point can you point and say "this was stopped because of Trump" nor can you say "This was influenced by Trump".  Despite the fact that SCOTUS would almost certainly rule he had the authority to do this in all the scenarios the public is aware of, he didn't do it.  We're not talking about covering up a murder or supplying money to rebels in a country banned by treaty or congress.  And we're absolutely not  talking about an American citizen working against his country in collaboration with a foreign power.  We're walking about the President of the United States asking the director of the FBI to not charge his embarrassed and shamed National Security Advisor because he lied about taking a phone call with someone it was perfectly acceptable to talk to.  That's what we're talking about.

And you among many millions of others, want to pretend this is anything else but an attempt to take down Trump.  This is the best the FBI, the greatest law enforcement organization in the world, can come up with that Trump may have done wrong?  Are you fucking kidding me.  And you wonder why the country is torn in half and thinks half of the mainstream media is a fucking joke.

I've been saying from day one.  Day fucking one that this is all it was.  And it's fucking embarrassing that this is what the United States has become.  If you were outraged that Congressional Republicans used Benghazi as a way to hamstring Clinton for 2016, how can you not be so now?

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB