You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

It would be someone on the economic side of the administration.

No way it's Pence.

misterID

misterID wrote:

ss-171115-steven-mnuchin-louise-linton-bep-se-639p_b87cfdd78e25b13d4032ff6d17c811c3.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Could be him. What if it was Kushner?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I don’t think it’s anyone at the cabinet level

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It would be awfully lame of the NYT to release it if it wasnt someone of notoriety. Again, if it did come out who wrote it and it turned out to be some ham & egger NYT would face huge backlash and Trumps 'Fake News' and 'Witch Hunt' agenda would take on new life.

Its gotta be someone high up and well known.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It would be awfully lame of the NYT to release it if it wasnt someone of notoriety. Again, if it did come out who wrote it and it turned out to be some ham & egger NYT would face huge backlash and Trumps 'Fake News' and 'Witch Hunt' agenda would take on new life.

I’m thinking it’s a senior aide in the White House. Cabinet secretaries wouldn’t be left alone in the Oval Office or do things like remove letters from his desk. It could be Kelly, but it’d have to be someone with routine access to the president and his office.

This is a big deal for a lot of reasons. But it shouldn’t be celebrated. Usurping the president is treason. It is unconstitutional. If this article came out under Obama, the left would want the author’s head.

If the author really believed this, they’d come forward. Hiding behind anonymity isn’t courage, it’s the exact opposite.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I’m thinking it’s a senior aide in the White House. Cabinet secretaries wouldn’t be left alone in the Oval Office or do things like remove letters from his desk. It could be Kelly, but it’d have to be someone with routine access to the president and his office.

This is a big deal for a lot of reasons. But it shouldn’t be celebrated. Usurping the president is treason. It is unconstitutional. If this article came out under Obama, the left would want the author’s head.

If the author really believed this, they’d come forward. Hiding behind anonymity isn’t courage, it’s the exact opposite.

That was my guess too, an aide to someone senior. The person behind figureheads, carrying the notes but sits in on the meetings hearing it all.

Is the content that surprising to anyone? It’s been plain as day Trump is a loose cannon from day one. This just confirms it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

If the author really believed this, they’d come forward. Hiding behind anonymity isn’t courage,

Good god...how come you’re always concerned about how trump is being treated?

You’re always so critical of everyone who criticizes Trump but i rarely if ever hear you criticize Trump himself.

You’re also extremely quick to throw that word treason around but dismissed the Russia/Trump treasonous collusion accusations almost immediately.

You’re too busy playing constitutional scholar to care about someone as impulsive as Trump taking the bait into something of serious consequence.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

That was my guess too, an aide to someone senior. The person behind figureheads, carrying the notes but sits in on the meetings hearing it all.

Is the content that surprising to anyone? It’s been plain as day Trump is a loose cannon from day one. This just confirms it.

I know what your saying but do you think the NYT would publish 'anonymously' this piece if it was just some aide?  It's gotta be a household name & someone who knew with conviction the NYT would go along with it.  Otherwise too much of a risk if they said No & later word gets out about the attempted sabotage.

I don't think it's Conway. Haley's a good guess but I don't think she's in his office enough to have seen so much of this. I think Kushners chances are rising for me, especially after him attending McCains funeral and probably feeling out of place. Although I'd guess this was in the works for some time. Also Kelly & Mattis.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Let me throw out Mulvaney also.

Board footer