You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Manafort is guilty as fuck. But none of it has anything to do with the election or anything the SC was tasked to investigate.

How can you say this, when you don't even know what he knows, has said to Mueller, or what dirt the SC has on him?

It's just mind boggling. It'd no different than someone saying 'Drew Brees is still playing good, but they're not going to go to the Super Bowl" Like, what, why? How do you know this already...?

I know what he pled guilty too. I know that Comey and Mueller have both said Trump isn’t under investigation. That’s how this works. You need evidence or something credible to accuse someone of wrong doing.

When not a single person connected to Trump has been charged with anything related to the election, when all the conspiracy nuts are proven wrong time and time again, that’s when a rational person acknowledges it’s all a farce.

You want to believe wrong doing occurrence because you hate Trump. But you nor anyone else can provide a single, objective reason why. Then you have the audacity to question my thinking, because I don’t profess to accept something without an ounce of proof.

Here’s the analogy you are avoiding: You’re the guy on the corner screaming God is real, Noah saved every animal on his arc, and Jesus died for our sins and was resurrected. I’m the guy saying you lack any evidence, and the premise is absurd on its face. Then you attack me for not accepting the Bible because so many others do.

Here’s another analogy for you...if you smell smoke, see smoke and are choking and not breathing very well i think it’s safe to assume there is a fire.

According to your logic...we can’t assume there’s a fire.

I think it’s really sad that after almost 2 years you’re still hiding behind this excuse that you don’t see any evidence. It’s not for you to see yet. You sure do know a lot though. All of which you keep dismissing for some reason. Just makes you look biased.

I also think it’s pretty disgusting how you’re so willing to make leaps and logic and make inferences in certain situations but in this one you just refuse to do so. Again, it just makes you look super biased.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Trump really has nothing to worry about with the special counsel. They can't do anything to him and unless they have evidence that he literally, unequivocally colluded with Russia, there won't be an impeachment. Mueller spent 2 years and 30 million to get Papadopoulos in jail for 2 weeks? Come on, man.

He should be very worried about New York state charges, especially Jr. Presidential power can't do anything to save his ass there.

Unless the Dems go full retard and nominate a Booker or Warren, Trump is out in 2 years. I don’t think Jr will be indicted, though any complaints about partisan justice lose credibility when you look at NY, so Trump pardons him before leaving office.

There’s no court case establishing a federal pardon exempts state prosecution, but I’m betting when/if it does, federal courts rule a federal pardon preempts a state.

I'm really interested in presidential pardons and state authority. This would be a hell of a supreme court case.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Chris Christie was on This Week on ABC & asked 'Why didn't Trump pardon Manafort?' (last month). Christie responded 'It would be politically impossible.'

Christie, a former federal prosecutor probably knows the law on this pretty well. So, with that said, no, it seems a President cannot pardon a state conviction. No one questioned his answer. The host (George S must be off this week) then stated Hannity (lol) put out there on the radio Trump will soon consider firing Mueller. All guests believed it was just rhetoric & if Trump did that it would lead to impeachment, but that maybe Hannity sometimes puts feelers out there to guage responses of what Trump might want to do in the future. Still seems unlikely.

2 seemingly republican people, lawyer types didn't catch their names, were asked if this is the final stage of the investigation. Unfortunately both gave pretty ambiguous answers, one sorta said no & the other the 'end of the beginning' (gosh I hope not). Personally, I think Manafort is the big fish & the final one. Hopefully solid stuff comes out by the end of the year. (Not for any political/change of party reasons, just its been long already & I am growing tired of this wait. He's guilty as shit, lets get him out of office & Pence too if he's even tangibly tied up in it)

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Diane Feinstein raped me in 2001. I was 19 and scared to come forward.

Please contact your congressman so we can hold a public hearing. I have friends who have hand written notes from me telling them it happened, so you have to believe me.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Please contact your congressman so we can hold a public hearing. I have friends who have hand written notes from me telling them it happened, so you have to believe me.

You poor man.  She at least took the dildo out of the box before she used it, didn't she?

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You poor man.  She at least took the dildo out of the box before she used it, didn't she?

No. The plastic edges from the box left scars that force me to shit pancakes to this day.

misterID

misterID wrote:

That little Oompa-Loompa is a monster.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

So much winning in that trade war eh?

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:

Yea, most analyst realize China can’t win, Canada can’t holdup NAFTA, and the EU can’t afford not to play ball.  It’s the same reason that keeps you from walking into Jordan’s house and trying to take one of his trophies - you’ll get fucked up.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yea, most analyst realize China can’t win, Canada can’t holdup NAFTA, and the EU can’t afford not to play ball.  It’s the same reason that keeps you from walking into Jordan’s house and trying to take one of his trophies - you’ll get fucked up.

I don’t get that analogy at all.

There is no evidence of winning yet.

Tariffs are not going to force me to buy American garbage products.

Board footer