You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Who is that tho, Mark Judge or whoever. He was like Kavanaughs best friend. Not saying it means it happened and he should be voted No, but i dont think the friend means much. Plus hes not under oath, just a carefully worded update.

Did you hear the GOP hired 'outside counsel' to do their questioning. Oh, the lawyer who is questioning counsel happens to be female. Optics much?

No, this was a woman. And it was HER friend.

Liberals have been salivating and beating the drum there would be white men questioning her. I think it's smart, you take away the optics and concentrate on substance.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Ok, didnt hear that, worked yesterday.

I dunno tho, is 'hired outside counsel ' unprecedented at hearings like this. Id be curious if/when it was last done. Sure its 'smart', but its like they're using a woman for gain.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

I dunno tho, is 'hired outside counsel ' unprecedented at hearings like this. Id be curious if/when it was last done. Sure its 'smart', but its like they're using a woman for gain.

Half the Democratic Senators have already convicted Kavanaugh.  This behavior is despicable.  Accusations of sexual assault can not be enough to derail the confirmation of anyone.  Evidence is required.  Waiting 36 years, waiting 2 months while Feinstein sat on the letter waiting til the day before the committee vote, Ford demanding an FBI investigation - just as Democrats are, her previous activism, her lawyer's activism and comments on Franken and others, all raise a million red flags for me.

Mitch already said what we all know, and I continually appreciate his honesty in these matters - the left will do whatever the fuck it takes to stall Kavanaugh.  Even if it means supporting baseless sexual assault allegations.  That none of you or the DNC at large have been talking about Ellison says all I need to hear.  Dr Ford should have her moment to testify, but she doesn't get to dictate the terms and conditions.  Anyone she's mentioned who was there has outright denied her claims.  Weaponizing sexual assault allegations can't be the new norm.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

No witness has ever dictated stipulations on testifying. They keep pushing back the goal post and her lawyers are fundraising using this case (they're Democratic operatives). I've never heard of that before. Doesn't it seem like they want those optics?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is such a fucking scam it is obvious to everyone. A 5 person party where the other 4 deny it happened? Lol

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Half the Democratic Senators have already convicted Kavanaugh.  This behavior is despicable.  Accusations of sexual assault can not be enough to derail the confirmation of anyone.  Evidence is required.  Waiting 36 years, waiting 2 months while Feinstein sat on the letter waiting til the day before the committee vote, Ford demanding an FBI investigation - just as Democrats are, her previous activism, her lawyer's activism and comments on Franken and others, all raise a million red flags for me.

Mitch already said what we all know, and I continually appreciate his honesty in these matters - the left will do whatever the fuck it takes to stall Kavanaugh.  Even if it means supporting baseless sexual assault allegations.  That none of you or the DNC at large have been talking about Ellison says all I need to hear.  Dr Ford should have her moment to testify, but she doesn't get to dictate the terms and conditions.  Anyone she's mentioned who was there has outright denied her claims.  Weaponizing sexual assault allegations can't be the new norm.

Flagg,  I promise you it would not be like this but between 2010 and 2016 these are exactly the types of ruthless and unscrupulous methods the Republicans employed to get what they wanted. You know what the biggest problem with all of that was? They were successful. And now you’re getting them back in spades.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I wish there was a higher body to call out senators and congressmen and keep them in check. But there is nobody to hold anyone accountable.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des … ah-ramirez

I just think this is setting a dangerous precedent. This claim will never be verified. If he put his dick in a girl’s face, ok, I can’t defend that. I don’t think it’s the end of the world, but it’s a really shitty thing to do. If it was a dildo, I guess, who gives a shit?  Still stupid, but where do we draw the line for adolescent antics and misbehavior?  Where do we draw that line?

I pissed on some cars and kicked a mirror off, while drunk in college once. Purely asshole move. Does that make me a horrible human being? My friends and I played a game at a party one night where we put our hands on girls asses to see how long it took them to notice or say something. We each did it once or twice, because none of them even flinched. Is that a commentary on how common that behavior occurs, women are immune to it?  It’s shitty, and wrong, but no one was really hurt by it. It makes a funny story with friends. In fact, one of my buddies tried it again months later and got belted for it. He laughed, we laughed, lesson learned. Every single one of us has a story like that, with some being much worse. I don’t know where the line is. My ass has been grabbed by a woman at no less than 3 times at concerts. I don’t feel violated nor do I think them doing that prevents them from ever being in public office.

When a girl put her hand in my pocket to grab my pack of smokes after I told her I didn’t have one to spare, does that mean I should go to the press if I recognize her running for office.

There’s a line. I’m not dismissing that. If you rape someone, I’m in agreement they don’t get to be in office. But we need credible reasons to believe accusations this serious. Everyone did something stupid in early adulthood. Everyone. Do we want to air everyone’s history and stupid event?  Because I don’t want to play the game of drawing the line of youthful stupidity.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Ill post more later, but i agree its a slippery slope. New times that we're entering. Both in terms of  PC & the viciousness of the political divide.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is getting so pathetic. Lol. #metoo is ruining this country.

Board footer